• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Can I give you a super conspiracy theory?

Poch has given up on Lamela and intends to ship him out in the summer. His contract is choc a bloc with add-ons depending on team starts. Starting Lamela will trigger those payments which would be a total waste considering the first statement and would only end up raising the transfer fee needed to recoup.

So....

Would make some sense. Particularly if some club came sniffing at some point this winter...

Interesting theory - how many starts is he on at the moment?

22 league starts. 9 EL starts. 4 domestic cup starts. Total of 35 starts in all competitions (espn). Not sure if perhaps some EL qualifiers might have been left out there if he was involved in those.

Get this fudging WASTE OF SPACE as far away from the club as possible. If any Italian club is stupid enough to be willing to take him, I will buy him a plane ticket myself.

Worst signing in recent years; even Soldado rates better - and that is saying something!

Amazing how 2 seasons into his PL career he doesn't look any more adapted or suited to it than the day he arrives

Amazing how 2 seasons into his PL career he doesn't look any more adapted or suited to it than the day he arrives
Some players never adapt. Andriy Shevchenko was one of the best strikers of his time, yet never proved it at Chelsea.

Lamela wasn't great, but still proved ten times better than Townsend. I really do still think he could come good given the time - he works so hard, his movement is exceptional. It's just some basic technique and decision making that lets him down.

Some players never adapt. Andriy Shevchenko was one of the best strikers of his time, yet never proved it at Chelsea.

His strike partner at Dynamo Kiev looked pretty decent too, I wonder how well he adapted when he moved...oh.

Lamela wasn't great, but still proved ten times better than Townsend. I really do still think he could come good given the time - he works so hard, his movement is exceptional. It's just some basic technique and decision making that lets him down.

First half in particular he wasn't good enough. Thought he improved in the second, kept it fairly simple. As always worked his socks off and for me no surprise that our pressing looked much better with him back in the side.

Can't fault his desire and work rate, like you I think he can still come good. Shame he didn't get the goal today as I think it would have done him good.

Might as well give him a run -- he's been sh1te, we all know it. Give him the rest of the league games and see what happens.

Although we might as well go 433 and play Chadli, Eriksen, Kane up top -- they are the only players who score anyway!

You don't like townsend but please shut up with these ludicrous statements. Lamela was the worst player on the park - in the first 30mins he didn't keep possession once, didn't improve and slowed down our attacks lost the ball and was a compete idiot.

I've never seen townsend lose the ball as much as that. Utterly woeful performance. Fed up

You don't like townsend but please shut up with these ludicrous statements. Lamela was the worst player on the park - in the first 30mins he didn't keep possession once, didn't improve and slowed down our attacks lost the ball and was a compete idiot.

I've never seen townsend lose the ball as much as that. Utterly woeful performance. Fed up

If you can't see how hard he works and his constant movement then you're blind. Especially compared to Townsend who only ever moves when he has the ball or has a chance to get the ball. Lamela always looks for it, always providing an option. Forget ability, these are fantastic traits.

Never mind the assist he got. Townsend would have just run run run run run run run run, lose the ball....

How many assists/goals total is that now for Lamela?

We'll see. Still got more assists and goals than townsend this season threefold. In fact, hasn't he got more, combined, than most of our players?

But yeah, I'm the deluded one!!!

Someone earlier asked you to take away the games against the bottom three and take away the corners... then come back and tell us how many goals and assists he retains.

Up for the challenge?

Someone earlier asked you to take away the games against the bottom three and take away the corners... then come back and tell us how many goals and assists he retains.

Up for the challenge?

Didn't see that, but whoever said that is a fudging idiot. Why does it matter if its against the bottom 3 or corners? How do corners lessen any assist?! We're awful at corners, if he's good at them then thats yet another reason to have him in not to knock him, how bizarre to think that way.

And bottom 3?! Personally I wish more players played better against the likes of Burnley, Villa, West brom, palace (they were when we played them), Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc then as we lost against the lot of them!!

Up for the challenge?

But whats the point? He still got assists in those games. That's like saying take away Hazards goals from penalties and against lower teams. Who cares. Goals are goals. Assists are assists, if he's setting up goals, whether theyre from corners or not or against lower teams that help us win, why does that even matter? He got an assist away at the team who are currently in the FA Cup final and are second in the league, as well as an assist against our nearest rivals for 5th in Liverpool. Neither from corners.

Up for the challenge?

Try watching a game without a pre-conceived bias against one of your spacegoats, and you will be amazed how different you will see it...

I think Grimsby is overstating his point, but I agree with his overall point.

He was poor in that opening 30 minutes, certainly our worst player in that period. What i like about him is that he doesn't go missing when he's having an off day. He keeps moving, keeps wanting the ball and keeps working defensively.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our pressing looked much better today with Lamela back. He does a much better job in that regard than Townsend and we look a more cohesive unit as a result. Lamela was up and down the pitch today and back into his own box tackling several times in the second half. That kind of effort, energy, intensity, it's been lacking for us in recent weeks.

He also improved as the match wore on. Several very good involvements, didn't give the ball away much, gave us good width early in attacks as we want him to do. Could easily have gotten a goal with a bit more luck/composure/ability. I find it interesting that you're having a go at Grimsby for being biased whilst completely ignoring the good things Lamela actually did.

Up for the challenge?

Wish we had more players who did well against the smaller teams to be honest.

Should we start looking at Eriksen's stats without the set pieces too? I think if we start doing stuff like this, particularly if we're cherry picking the situations where the players have gotten their goals and assists, only Kane will come out of any such comparison looking good.

Back