• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Pochettino should not be criticizing players publicly. It was a small mater and he should have dealt with it privately instead of telling the media.

I don't agree. We have a recurrent problem with our players not being ready and switching off, see Saudi Sportswashing Machine's equaliser last weekend for another recent example. It seems ridiculous to me that we talk about the need to change the culture of the club and establish a winning, fighting mentality but then say that the manager cannot criticise his players in public.

I don't agree. We have a recurrent problem with our players not being ready and switching off, see Saudi Sportswashing Machine's equaliser last weekend for another recent example. It seems ridiculous to me that we talk about the need to change the culture of the club and establish a winning, fighting mentality but then say that the manager cannot criticise his players in public.

Was the point Spurs7981 was making was that if it was Sherwood that said that...

(I know this is like a merry go round discussion)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Curious, what's everyones thoughts on Lamela played as a CM? He only played the role today for around 15 minutes i know, but could he be a good option for the attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3?

Something like : Mason - Stambouli - Lamela : has got a passer, dribbler, and a defensive mind in there. Opinions?

He defo has some heart and fight, the way he got stuck in was good to see, didnt like the imaginary card waving stuff though

He defo has some heart and fight, the way he got stuck in was good to see, didnt like the imaginary card waving stuff though

I don't give a monkeys about that. Although it was funny to see Kane grabbing him and trying to stop him from doing it. It just doesn't seem to be part of the culture in e+England at all (which is a good thing).

2 things;

1. Good to see him in the thick of it and getting stuck in

2. Good to see him really lose it in celebration after Kane, having just refused to let him take the free kick scored. A lesser man may have celebrated but not in the way he did, shows he really really cares.

Curious, what's everyones thoughts on Lamela played as a CM? He only played the role today for around 15 minutes i know, but could he be a good option for the attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3?

Something like : Mason - Stambouli - Lamela : has got a passer, dribbler, and a defensive mind in there. Opinions?

Gives the ball away far too often for that.

As I've said since last season - Lamela should be playing as a central striker. I see him in the mold of Aguero/Defoe/Henry/Strurridge type CF. He's too one-footed to play on the wing and is too predictable by wanting to cut inside all the time. He has shown moments of creativity, but I don't see the eye for a pass that the likes of Eriksen, Soldado and Mason have, so there's no point putting him in the deeper number 10 role.

No - let's play him in the middle and focus on what he's shown to be good at. We want him off the shoulder of the last defender, bursting away at pace, running with the ball and using his proven finishing ability that saw him score 15 for Roma the year before he joined us. Kane has probably earned himself a starting place, but one thing I would like to see used at some point would be:

----------------------Mason-------Capoue/Stambouli-----------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lennon/Townsend---------Soldado---------------------Eriksen
-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------Lamela------------------------------

Did I see us try the old Anderton/Sheringham near post corner routine with Soldado recently or did I imagine that?

I don't think he will start Sunday I'm a bit shocked poch actuality took him off at HT for once

I have no problems with Lamela's work-rate, although was disappointed in the way he let his head drop in the Emirates Marketing Project game.

I am disappointed in the lack of quality he's shown in league games so far, for a £30m player. If he'd come through our youth system or had been a cheap signing, it'd be easier to take. But for the money spent, we should be getting more. It's not his fault that we have seemingly over-paid for him.

We all really want him to come good, and he is only young. Since we've thrown this much cash down to get him here, we may aswell also invest the time in him. I would use him a lot from the bench for the next dozen league games, see if he can impact against more tired players and boost his confidence. Then perhaps he can have a strong finish to the season, starting game and making a real contribution.

My problem with him is that even when he has a half decent game he only shows in flashes - and even that is stretching it... I don't know how to explain it but even when Bale was struggling at the start you could see that there was a player there. With Lamela I don't see it - or better still, I don;t see a player who has something that is effective for the EPL.

Hope he proves me wrong but the more time passes the more I don't think he will.

Gives the ball away far too often for that.

As I've said since last season - Lamela should be playing as a central striker. I see him in the mold of Aguero/Defoe/Henry/Strurridge type CF. He's too one-footed to play on the wing and is too predictable by wanting to cut inside all the time. He has shown moments of creativity, but I don't see the eye for a pass that the likes of Eriksen, Soldado and Mason have, so there's no point putting him in the deeper number 10 role.

No - let's play him in the middle and focus on what he's shown to be good at. We want him off the shoulder of the last defender, bursting away at pace, running with the ball and using his proven finishing ability that saw him score 15 for Roma the year before he joined us. Kane has probably earned himself a starting place, but one thing I would like to see used at some point would be:

----------------------Mason-------Capoue/Stambouli-----------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Lennon/Townsend---------Soldado---------------------Eriksen
-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------Lamela------------------------------

Aguero is not one footed at all.

Back