• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I dont have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram account etc and never will

But then people don't know you've got an iphone/ipad.

One club gig I went to someone actually brought an iPad to film it.

At bigger shows you'll never get past security with anything resembling a decent camera. Phones are accepted, but attempting to film might get you into trouble.

I hate facebook with a passion, and find it really sad that certain people constantly post messages telling everyone what they're having for breakfast, or what they're watching on TV, or posting pictures of their toddler so the whole world can see how incredibly cute they are, it's all ********. It's a tool for people to try and show how great their life is when if it really were that great they would be out there enjoying it, not posting boring updates about it.

I hate facebook with a passion, and find it really sad that certain people constantly post messages telling everyone what they're having for breakfast, or what they're watching on TV, or posting pictures of their toddler so the whole world can see how incredibly cute they are, it's all ********. It's a tool for people to try and show how great their life is when if it really were that great they would be out there enjoying it, not posting boring updates about it.

I see your point, but this isn't a Facebook or internet phenomenon. Paul Cezanne was doing it in the late 1800s

cezanne.sl-apples.jpg

Also, a great plus point to social media like Facebook and Instagram....Holiday pics. Remember the big chested girl from school? Yeah well look at her frolicing in Kavos now. G'wed.

Twitter I don't like though. Seems anonymity, or at least hiding behind a keyboard, can fuel people's nasty sides

they're just social information sources. you put in what you want, you take out what you want. it's no different to posts on here in my view - if i don't like the look of a topic, or don't like the person who wrote it, then i won't open it.

if it upsets you, or offends you, you're probably doing it wrong.

Indeed, they are really sad people.

This thread has actually showed me how pathetic I and other people are. I am on Twitter (hardly use it), Instagram (sometimes use it) and Facebook (quite regularly use it).

I hate people that use FB for uninteresting things like showing off their baby (which is pretty dodgy anyway) or saying they are going down the supermarket but then again what is actually interesting? It is a place to show off and its quite depressing actually that the world has come to this. Holiday photos, babies being born, tagging in pubs, restaurants etc. People use FB to try and show that they have this perfect life when in fact they dont and just want attention and to have their statuses liked. I wont lie I used to use FB a lot for attention but really want to get away from it and not share my life with hundreds of people I am probably never going to see again.

I regularly deactivate my account but within a week I go back as I think im missing out on something.

Can you have FB messenger without having a FB profile?
or
A profile page with hardly nothing on it and the highest privacy so people can't post to it, tag you in s**t photos etc.

I never use FB but always arrange nights out etc using group messages... then after a night out I have to untag/not add to timeline all the photos they add afterwards grrr!!

What did andy parsons(comedian) say about facebook/twitter,its like opening your front door every five minutes and finding out theirs no one there all the time.

There's no doubt it can be mundane and people definitely use it to seek attention, but I also have a problem with people calling people who use Facebook/twitter as "sad" or "losers". It's a great way to stay in touch with people, lets say you move abroad or go travelling, it's one of the best ways for your family to see how you're getting on.

What do people think of the news today - with the Twitter pair that have threatened a femenist?

When I saw what they looked like it did make me 'titter'. Surprise surprise, losers take on an online persona. What losers :D

THat said; people who join such sites need to be aware that they may need a thick skin.

I was thinking of changing my profile on fb completely so people don't know it's me.

I would then post a reply about their crap status and what I really think of it.

Can't stand rubbish statuses. I have unfriended my own friends because of it. Winds me up!

Twitter is much better. I enjoy the news feeds and following the spurs players and a few other people. Never tweet tho.

What never fails to amaze me is that some people still think that clicking a 'Like' button will actually make a static image change before their eyes. Or it was investigated on whatever the **** Reddit is so therefore must be true. Or it was shared with them so therefore should just be Liked and Shared without any form of research whatsoever. Nelson Mandela was a popular chap but just because you get a picture of a donkey in a well saying Nelson himself climbed down to free said donkey and by liking the Nelson Mandela Donkey Sanctuary each donkey will get a kg of hay for each like.

What never fails to amaze me is that some people still think that clicking a 'Like' button will actually make a static image change before their eyes. Or it was investigated on whatever the **** Reddit is so therefore must be true. Or it was shared with them so therefore should just be Liked and Shared without any form of research whatsoever. Nelson Mandela was a popular chap but just because you get a picture of a donkey in a well saying Nelson himself climbed down to free said donkey and by liking the Nelson Mandela Donkey Sanctuary each donkey will get a kg of hay for each like.

Stuff like this really annoys me. The other one is when a picture of an old man gets circulated, and accompanying it is a fabricated story of how this old war veteran had to confront a Muslim woman for some anti-UK propaganda. Pure bull****, and people believe it, allowing it to fuel their xenophobic beliefs.

I was going to switch off my facebook a few years back. A lad I went to school with had done the same and a few weeks later he was arrested on some very serious charges. Everyone I went to school with got wind of this, and since then anybody who has deactivated their account has been tarred with potentially the same brush as this cretin.

I only really use it for keeping in touch with people who have moved away, or organising things in groups, where it is really useful

Like everything else it's what you make of it. I keep in touch with rellies and friends abroad. I use it as a channel for my business, others I know have done very well indeed using it for business purposes. I've met some very good people over the years and more recently got engaged to someone I initially met playing a game of Scrabble on Facebook. It has lost its shine due to the flagrant abuses of people's privacy but I'd imagine that will get quite expensive for Facebook with the US class action. The message tracking still goes on right now as simply discussion engagement plans via their chat with friends saw them inundated with poorly targeted wedding ads. Hell showed someone the ring and within seconds they had a picture of an almost identical looking ring appear in their ads. It is those who entirely live their lives through social media that I worry about. People 'In Relationships' with people they have not met ???!! Brrrr....

Like everything else it's what you make of it. I keep in touch with rellies and friends abroad. I use it as a channel for my business, others I know have done very well indeed using it for business purposes. I've met some very good people over the years and more recently got engaged to someone I initially met playing a game of Scrabble on Facebook. It has lost its shine due to the flagrant abuses of people's privacy but I'd imagine that will get quite expensive for Facebook with the US class action. The message tracking still goes on right now as simply discussion engagement plans via their chat with friends saw them inundated with poorly targeted wedding ads. Hell showed someone the ring and within seconds they had a picture of an almost identical looking ring appear in their ads. It is those who entirely live their lives through social media that I worry about. People 'In Relationships' with people they have not met ???!! Brrrr....

If I 'friended' you on facebook, I 'd then be a 'friend of Dorothy' but I suppose that should go in the Hitzlsperger thread really?

If I 'friended' you on facebook, I 'd then be a 'friend of Dorothy' but I suppose that should go in the Hitzlsperger thread really?

You can friend someone on this site if there's something you really need to tell us all......

One that annoys me on Facebook is 'Having Pizza for tea, what toppings should I have????'

How about ham, pineapple and cyanide?

Back