• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I am a little worried

It's new players in a new system, we have waited a long while to have the consistency of the last few years and I would hate for us to lose that.

what consistency? the summer Redknapp left we pretty much started a fresh slate - a new coach came in who has a different approach to the game and key players to the previous teams style moved on. we played out AVBs first season with an unbalanced side lacking quality in reserve - we are now addressing that by hopefully giving the current manager a squad of players suited to his game

What do you mean there's no plan B?

don't understand this either

What do you mean there's no plan B?

We can play 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, we could probably even play 4-4-2 at a push. How many plan B's do you want? I don't think we played more than 3 formations last year, why would we want more this?

The system we shall play is the first one, the players he has bought fit this system, I still think we are expecting a lot to ask a minimum of 3 new players with no prem experience to deliver, Soldado looks special but the others are under pressure. We were consistent now we have changed everything dramatically, we don't do things by halves, I hope we buy a "10".

The system we shall play is the first one, the players he has bought fit this system, I still think we are expecting a lot to ask a minimum of 3 new players with no prem experience to deliver, Soldado looks special but the others are under pressure. We were consistent now we have changed everything dramatically, we don't do things by halves, I hope we buy a "10".

Footballers are always under pressure. What consistency?

We lost Modric last season and had to change our system to try and compensate. AVB has played completely differently to Harry. Where is this consistency? We've played this way for one year, that's barely anything.

We won't play one single system, i see nothing to say we will, we've bought a variety of players who can play in multiple positions. If anything i would say far more tactical tweaks and formation shifts are on the cards this season.

what consistency? the summer Redknapp left we pretty much started a fresh slate - a new coach came in who has a different approach to the game and key players to the previous teams style moved on. we played out AVBs first season with an unbalanced side lacking quality in reserve - we are now addressing that by hopefully giving the current manager a squad of players suited to his game

don't understand this either

New coach, new players and new system, Bam all at once.

By plan B I mean the ability to switch to what we played last season as a fail safe.

I have to agree Mr G.

In an ideal world we'd have kept more consistency and built on last term. At the moment we're facing a complete overhaul. Unfortunately a lot depends on Bale. He was the cornerstone of last years team, the team was built around him. If he is lining up for games, the new players will fit in around, and be allowed to make their mark slowly. If Bale is off, it will feel like a completely new team with just 3 or 4 who played at the end of last year and the pressure will be on the new recruits to win games.

I'm excited about who we've signed. But I am worried about consistency and AVB having to effectively start from scratch, albeit with some very talented new internationals.

Ultimately, standing still is not an option. So we should be excited about embracing new heroes. Just give them more than 2 games!

Last edited:

By plan B I mean the ability to switch to what we played last season as a fail safe.

I'm as confused as i can be. It feels like you are speaking to us from a year ago.

We do have the ability to switch to what we played last season. Sandro and Dembele in the middle. It worked very well.

Footballers are always under pressure. What consistency?

We lost Modric last season and had to change our system to try and compensate. AVB has played completely differently to Harry. Where is this consistency? We've played this way for one year, that's barely anything.

We won't play one single system, i see nothing to say we will, we've bought a variety of players who can play in multiple positions. If anything i would say far more tactical tweaks and formation shifts are on the cards this season.

Formation shifts can only be confirmed after a few games, our league position over the last few years prove consistency and have been achieved with the same core players.

We still have the option of both 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 along with a 4-4-2 if we keep Ade or sign a new complete-ish striker and a 4-4-1-1 if we don't keep Ade.

I think we averaged 4-5 "new players" in our starting line-up at the start of last season. So far we're not close to that and we still have the option of playing a fairly similar line-up to last season.

Soldado is obviously class and will obviously start whenever available. I'm not convinced Chadli is an as obvious first choice at this point in time so we have the option of starting Sig or Townsend instead of him for example. Paulinho and Soldado adds up to two new starters without PL experience and Paulinho isn't exactly some tiny Brazilian that will be scared up against physical players.

AVB showed last season that he was willing to introduce new players a bit slowly and that he had no problems starting a new high profile signing on the bench.

I'm as confused as i can be. It feels like you are speaking to us from a year ago.

We do have the ability to switch to what we played last season. Sandro and Dembele in the middle. It worked very well.

We are asking a lot for Sandro to come back the same player, could take months.

We are asking a lot for Sandro to come back the same player, could take months.

It could, and until then we have Dembele and Paulinho, maybe even Capoue. All players who are better than Parker, but would you rather have Parker?

To integrate the new players slowly we need Siggy and Holtby to take up the slack, I am not happy with either, once again we are hoping that they come good. The first ten games are going to be interesting.

Formation shifts can only be confirmed after a few games, our league position over the last few years prove consistency and have been achieved with the same core players.

Last summer we sold Modric and VdV, both were fixtures in our team and Modric had been for years. We also lost Kaboul to injury early and King retired. Friedel was replaced as first choice after all of one season at the club. Ade was signed permanently after a year on loan, Sig and Dempsey were obviously new. Sandro replaced Parker at the start due to injury after Parker had been at the club for a season.

im not sure i get what you mean here mate - that's what happened - a new Manager brings with him a new style - would you have preferred the new manager to carry on playing the previous managers system if it doesn't suit him OR with the two most important players (Modric and VdV) no longer here?

what makes you think we won't be able to do that? Huddelstone played 4 games last season and Parker had little to no positive impact on our style per-se, what are we missing that would stop us playing how we did last season?

Back