• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I am a little worried

Jimmy-g

Scott Parker
The selling of players like Huddlestone and Parker worry me, the new players we have are under pressure to hit the ground running, Holtby and Siggy were bit part players last season and no more, Sandro will need time if he does get back to what he was, Paulie is totally unproven the same as Chadli, Lennon hardly inspires and the Bale situation just adds to it, Parker and Huddlestone could have been"go too" players with a known level of performance which would have given us time to try different things and settle the new players in. It seems to be revolution and not evolution and that worries me, I know we will probably have a couple more new players coming in but the same applies they will be unproven.

1) Hudd and Parker aren't good enough for where we want to be.
2) Holtby and Siggy will have to step it up which is good for them.
3) Interesting that you never mentioned Soldado
4) Bale hasn't left, so nothings different.

We have great depth and I'm excited for the upcoming season. Can't see for any reason why anyone would be worried. AVB has created a team with a never say die attitude, goes right until the end and has created a team hard to beat. If this came after the Palace game and we had lost then fair enough but the season hasn't even started yet and people are getting worried :ross:

I do agree mate, it is a little concerning that we'll have almost a complete new team, none of whom have premier league experience, coming in as the new guard and that they may not hit the ground running which will put us at a disavdnatage, or that they may be omplete flops.

But at the same time for a fair few seasons we've kept the old guard as it were and then criticsed a lack of ambition being shown and not taking too many risks. At least this season we can see that the board clearly have a manager/ sporting director they trust 100% to make new signings to deliver the Champions League football we all crave and that they're not afraid to chuck a penny or two and make changes in order to achieve it. Maybe it will pay off, maybe it won't. Time will tell but at least we'll be VERY interested for the start of the season!

Dembele is experienced and will be refreshed again after looking exhausted come the end of the season. Holtby's spent eight months at the club and will be looking to hit the ground running. And players like Paulinho and Capoue, being tough, aggressive runners, will have no problem adjusting to the Premier League imo, seeing as it suits them down to the ground.

We'll live.

When have I judged Holtby? I said he'd have to step it up. He was a bench player last year, he's going to have a hard time getting in the team considering he was a bench player last year and hasn't even had a proper pre-season this season neither. Great depth to have though.

We cant afford to have a huge squad.
And Hudd and Parker's known level of performance wasn't good enough.

And how many central midfielders do we really need?
We have Sandro, Dembele, Carroll, Paulinho with Capoue coming in. Holtby, Siggy and Kaboul can all play there too depending on the situation.
The likelihood is we're still gonna be playing the 4231 of last season regardless of all the 433 talk.

We've signed Brazilian, Spanish and Belgian internationals with a French international on his way. 1 is at his peak, 3 still ahve room to improve before they hit their peak years

We've sold a slow, English CM who failed to realise his potential, loaned out a technically limited young CM, about to sell an old CM, potentially might sell a CF who also failed to realise his potential and is 30 and sold a young CB for an outstanding price.

Net result: We've had excellent summer so far

When have I judged Holtby? I said he'd have to step it up. He was a bench player last year, he's going to have a hard time getting in the team considering he was a bench player last year and hasn't even had a proper pre-season this season neither. Great depth to have though.

Hoped you hadn't noticed! I deleted that add on straight after rereading your post. I had part of 1 and 2 mixed up so as I read it I thought it said "Holtby and Siggy ren't good enough for where we want to be". Sorry mate! Been a long day at work... :oops:

Sandro/Dembele/Lennon/Siggy all are PL proven, all have at least a season with Spurs as well.
Paulinho/Chandli will have time to settle if they need it
Hotlby/Carroll will have some contribution as well.

It's a case of upgrading, quite simply.

1) Hudd and Parker aren't good enough for where we want to be.
2) Holtby and Siggy will have to step it up which is good for them.
3) Interesting that you never mentioned Soldado
4) Bale hasn't left, so nothings different.

We have great depth and I'm excited for the upcoming season. Can't see for any reason why anyone would be worried. AVB has created a team with a never say die attitude, goes right until the end and has created a team hard to beat. If this came after the Palace game and we had lost then fair enough but the season hasn't even started yet and people are getting worried :ross:

I think part of this is that we know what these players can do, we know that we'll be in the mix if we keep playing them. The new ones, even though they appear to be superior, we don't know how they'll perform. I'm really looking forward to this season, if we keep Bale anything can happen!

The selling of players like Huddlestone and Parker worry me, the new players we have are under pressure to hit the ground running, Holtby and Siggy were bit part players last season and no more, Sandro will need time if he does get back to what he was, Paulie is totally unproven the same as Chadli, Lennon hardly inspires and the Bale situation just adds to it, Parker and Huddlestone could have been"go too" players with a known level of performance which would have given us time to try different things and settle the new players in. It seems to be revolution and not evolution and that worries me, I know we will probably have a couple more new players coming in but the same applies they will be unproven.

Selling two players, one of whom has not impressed for a few years and one of whom is getting on a bit and didn't play well last season.

Neither of whom were first choice. Don't see an issue. Parkers known level of performance is too low, as is Hudd's when he starts.

None of the players sold so far have been first choice. Yes, they could have been useful squad players, but when we sign new first team players someone has to go and we can't afford to keep a massive squad sitting around. Or we could, but then we couldn't have signed as many good players.

We can still field an 11 with say 3 new players in it. That's fewer changes than last season. And we will have the same manager this time around.

Yes it might take some time for everyone to get going. Such is life in our position.

Selling two players, one of whom has not impressed for a few years and one of whom is getting on a bit and didn't play well last season.

Neither of whom were first choice. Don't see an issue. Parkers known level of performance is too low, as is Hudd's when he starts.

Say things don't gel, the "system" needs tweaking or putting it differently it all goes to brick we have no get out, Parker and Tom could have come in and made it a smoother progression, by making whole sale changes we are going brick or bust, two many new brooms don't always sweep clean.

Last edited:
Chill your boots everyone. Realising wages is good.

We still have the second have squad best squad in the prem

i don't really think upgrading squad players can be considered wholesale changes tbh

Say things don't gel, the "system" needs tweaking or putting it differently it all goes to brick we have no get out, Parker and Tom could have come in and made it a smoother progression, by making whole sale changings we are going brick or bust, two many new brooms don't always sweep clean.

If the system needs tweaking we'd be better off putting worse players out on the pitch, than we would be if we'd tweak with better players we have signed?

Parker was not good enough. Tom was not good enough.

i don't really think upgrading squad players can be considered wholesale changes tbh

It's new players in a new system, we have waited a long while to have the consistency of the last few years and I would hate for us to lose that.

If the system needs tweaking we'd be better off putting worse players out on the pitch, than we would be if we'd tweak with better players we have signed?

Parker was not good enough. Tom was not good enough.

We have no plan B it's 4-2-3-1 or nothing, also playing this the fullbacks are exposed to a lot of work, I just don't want to lose our top 5 progress.

We have no plan B it's 4-2-3-1 or nothing, also playing this the fullbacks are exposed to a lot of work, I just don't want to lose our top 5 progress.

What do you mean there's no plan B?

We can play 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, we could probably even play 4-4-2 at a push. How many plan B's do you want? I don't think we played more than 3 formations last year, why would we want more this?

Back