• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

Getting home tomorrow evening from
32 degrees heat. Looks like it will be a big shock to the system. I’ve been trying to put our heating on but the Hive had gone offline, unable to connect to the home wi-fi. Thankfully it is back online now as the house temperature is currently 9.4 degrees! Heating on all day tomorrow I think.
Hoping the frost protect on the boiler still kicked in and we won’t be facing any burst pipes.

Getting home tomorrow evening from
32 degrees heat. Looks like it will be a big shock to the system. I’ve been trying to put our heating on but the Hive had gone offline, unable to connect to the home wi-fi. Thankfully it is back online now as the house temperature is currently 9.4 degrees! Heating on all day tomorrow I think.
Hoping the frost protect on the boiler still kicked in and we won’t be facing any burst pipes.

Reassuring to know it's not just my Hive that f ucks up.

I’ve got one of the wood burning stoves going, central and underfloor heating, more insulation than you would believe, and I am still sat here reading with a blanket on.
All because I left the front door open for a few minutes.
Sorry Greta.

I’ve got one of the wood burning stoves going, central and underfloor heating, more insulation than you would believe, and I am still sat here reading with a blanket on.
Sorry Greta.
It is the stove she won't be happy about rather than leaving the door open.

Sorry Greta.
Sorry? Did you mean "You're welcome"?

The more you damage the environment, the more she gets to virtue signal. You're doing her a favour.

Sorry? Did you mean "You're welcome"?

The more you damage the environment, the more she gets to virtue signal. You're doing her a favour.
LOL. Do you think all she does is just virtue-signalling? I guess to some all virtue looks like virtue signalling, but this is about as bad a read as I've seen on here. I think the question you should be asking yourself is why like so many men do you find yourself triggered by this young autistic woman who is certainly virtue practicing rather than signaling.

I’ve always assumed it is much less damaging emissions wise than burning gas - I do that too though.
I'll have to check which is worse but both are bad. For the stove though, if you have one it should have its own air supply so it doesn't exchange air with the room (that is very bad for your lungs).

Edit: Found this. Not good.
Even government approved “eco” wood burners produce 450 times more pollution than gas heating, according to a report by the chief medical officer for England, which said the vast majority of the 1.5m households that burn wood do so for aesthetic reasons.

Last edited:
LOL. Do you think all she does is just virtue-signalling? I guess to some all virtue looks like virtue signalling, but this is about as bad a read as I've seen on here. I think the question you should be asking yourself is why like so many men do you find yourself triggered by this young autistic woman who is certainly virtue practicing rather than signaling.
Not triggered, just inconvenienced from time to time when I want to get around London. That's pretty much a capital offence.

Also a little disappointed that young people want to waste their lives in such a manner - anyone that serious as an adult is bad enough but to be that serious as a child is beyond wasteful.

Not triggered, just inconvenienced from time to time when I want to get around London. That's pretty much a capital offence.

Also a little disappointed that young people want to waste their lives in such a manner - anyone that serious as an adult is bad enough but to be that serious as a child is beyond wasteful.

You don't think we should be serious about the impact humans are having on the planet? Seems like a fairly apathetic view with a sprinkle of "this has personally affected my commute so it is bad" thrown in for good measure.

I'm fairly certain Greta isn't constantly serious about everything, but is passionate about something who can benefit humanity greatly moving forward (unless it's too late, which for many it is). For those who's mission in life is to just look after themselves it must be frustrating / embarrassing to see other people that actually want to help others and improve things. Age isn't really a factor unless you get worked up by the idea of boomers / Gen Z / millennials being pitted against each other via culture war distractions, it's never too late nor early to do something positive.

You don't think we should be serious about the impact humans are having on the planet? Seems like a fairly apathetic view with a sprinkle of "this has personally affected my commute so it is bad" thrown in for good measure.

I'm fairly certain Greta isn't constantly serious about everything, but is passionate about something who can benefit humanity greatly moving forward (unless it's too late, which for many it is). For those who's mission in life is to just look after themselves it must be frustrating / embarrassing to see other people that actually want to help others and improve things. Age isn't really a factor unless you get worked up by the idea of boomers / Gen Z / millennials being pitted against each other via culture war distractions, it's never too late nor early to do something positive.
It's worthy cause, she's just fighting the wrong fight. If the answer is wearing a hair shirt, people simply won't do it - she'll understand that when she grows up. The only viable answer will be technological, in a manner that will allow people to live their lives as they have.

This isn't a generational battle and it's never too early to do right but it can be too late to live a hedonistic youth. If there's something that's wrong with her generation it's that they're not taking that opportunity while they can - you don't get to do it twice.

Last edited:
I’ve always assumed it is much less damaging emissions wise than burning gas - I do that too though.
Stoves have had a lot of bad press lately, not sure how bad they really are though. We have a wood burning stove but dont use it now. When we did we burnt smokeless fuel, very few logs (they are not very efficient). My son lives on a barge, the stove is his main form of heating. The alternative would be to run the diesel engine as a generator. I helped him fit solar panels but this time of year they dont charge much and just keep the lights working. it is better to burn dry or seasoned logs if you have to. I got my son a moisture meter to make sure the logs were dry (cant trust the sellers), however he mainly burns a form of coal made from olive stones.

Stoves have had a lot of bad press lately, not sure how bad they really are though. We have a wood burning stove but dont use it now. When we did we burnt smokeless fuel, very few logs (they are not very efficient). My son lives on a barge, the stove is his main form of heating. The alternative would be to run the diesel engine as a generator. I helped him fit solar panels but this time of year they dont charge much and just keep the lights working. it is better to burn dry or seasoned logs if you have to. I got my son a moisture meter to make sure the logs were dry (cant trust the sellers), however he mainly burns a form of coal made from olive stones.
They are getting a lot of bad press but they deserve it. They are far worse for your health than most people realise.

They’ll have to pay me to get rid. This is a woodsman’s cottage, in the woods, with a fireplace in each of the four rooms, and it’s next to the m25. We are surrounded by dead ash trees right now.

It isn’t like Tarquin buying in pellets from Estonia to burn in the middle of Camden and drilling a hole in his wall to vent the flue.

They’ll have to pay me to get rid. This is a woodsman’s cottage, in the woods, with a fireplace in each of the four rooms, and it’s next to the m25. We are surrounded by dead ash trees right now.

It isn’t like Tarquin buying in pellets from Estonia to burn in the middle of Camden and drilling a hole in his wall to vent the flue.
Paying people is what they have done in some cities across Europe. Giving deadlines of a few years notice to remove and offering grants to replace them. Some cities have drastically reduced smog levels with these schemes. Although saying that, Smog in the UK (London aside) is nowhere near the levels of places across Europe

It's worthy cause, she's just fighting the wrong fight. If the answer is wearing a hair shirt, people simply won't do it - she'll understand that when she grows up. The only viable answer will be technological, in a manner that will allow people to live their lives as they have.

This isn't a generational battle and it's never too early to do right but it can be too late to live a hedonistic youth. If there's something that's wrong with her generation it's that they're not taking that opportunity while they can - you don't get to do it twice.

So very much to unpack there as always, possibly a job for a professional if you're being genuine and not playing a character.

Do you have any credentials to suggest that have any authority whatsoever to suggest what the only viable answer to the climate crisis and also how young people should be spending their time? If Greta was indulging in hedonism I'm pretty sure many grown men on the internet would be moaning about it as the press would have a field day. There's more to life then pleasure but there won't be anything left if we just carry on as we are (which is what those making profits from the current set up wants).

It was only this last recent COP24 thing the powers that be admitted that people's diet has an impact on the environment, whilst oil rich states are caught out trying to use the talks for arranging deals in fossil fuels. It's like the ents taking hours in the meeting to finally decide that the hobbits are indeed not orcs whilst people are dying in the background. It's an odd but predictable stance to belittle what people like Greta are doing but the hedonism angle is an interesting addition / diversion, care to expand on it?

So very much to unpack there as always, possibly a job for a professional if you're being genuine and not playing a character.

Do you have any credentials to suggest that have any authority whatsoever to suggest what the only viable answer to the climate crisis and also how young people should be spending their time? If Greta was indulging in hedonism I'm pretty sure many grown men on the internet would be moaning about it as the press would have a field day. There's more to life then pleasure but there won't be anything left if we just carry on as we are (which is what those making profits from the current set up wants).

It was only this last recent COP24 thing the powers that be admitted that people's diet has an impact on the environment, whilst oil rich states are caught out trying to use the talks for arranging deals in fossil fuels. It's like the ents taking hours in the meeting to finally decide that the hobbits are indeed not orcs whilst people are dying in the background. It's an odd but predictable stance to belittle what people like Greta are doing but the hedonism angle is an interesting addition / diversion, care to expand on it?
I know human nature - anyone who understands it can tell you that enough people will never make their lives worse for some possible benefit that they may never receive due to much of the rest of the world not doing their bit. Do you genuinely think people will stop flying, stop eating meat, live in colder houses etc? Look where there have been gains - EVs are about 80-90% as good as real cars and so people are buying them, lab-grown meat apparently is indistinguishable from the real thing - people will eat that when technology makes it readily available. But tell people to holiday in the UK and not Monaco and they'll tell you to fudge off.

The hedonism bit is quite simple - you only get around a decade to do it properly without being a weird, old person. That's a one-off chance to spend 10 years getting completely off your tits, sleeping around and being completely irresponsible whilst doing little but chasing pleasure. You can't care loudly about brick, being entirely boring until you're 25 and then do the young person bit - it doesn't work that way around. You have to do that bit from your early-mid teens until your early-mid 20s - not doing that is wasting the most valuable resource any of us has. Problem is, the current generation of buzzkillers won't realise that until they've wasted it.

Back