• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I aint no Sheikh-but lets talk weather

So, middle of July, 9 o'clock at night and I've got the firepit going on one side of me and the bbq on the other and its still bloody cold.
Can we stfu about global bloody warming.
We've had 36 hours of above average temps in Scotland and the rest of the summer has been poor, but all we are hearing about is how we need to get used to extreme heat.
The people whose houses are ash are probably open to swapping.

The people whose houses are ash are probably open to swapping.

Guilt trip, nice reply.
I'm not denying climate change, I'm not even saying that there's not currently a crisis in England, I'm saying that there is no heatvwave in Scotland, there hasn't been this year, and i wish the media would stop telling me there is.

Guilt trip, nice reply.
I'm not denying climate change, I'm not even saying that there's not currently a crisis in England, I'm saying that there is no heatvwave in Scotland, there hasn't been this year, and i wish the media would stop telling me there is.
The media can tell us all kinds of things that are gonads.

The good thing in this case is you can just walk out into your garden to find out the truth.:)

Guilt trip, nice reply.

Guilt trip? Not at all. Showing up your flimflam attitude by using a real world example.

To quote your post:

"Can we stfu about global bloody warming."

Douche.

Plunging temperatures wreaking havoc across the US and Canada can lead to frostbite on bare skin in only five to 10 minutes, experts are warning.

A powerful Arctic winter storm has placed more than 135 million people under weekend weather alerts ahead of the busiest travel days of the year.

The alerts stretch from coast to coast and reach as far south as the US-Mexico border and Florida, the Sunshine State.

Major airports have cancelled thousands of flights as the storm intensifies.

The cold snap could bring the iciest Christmas in decades, say forecasters.

The National Weather Service (NWS) said temperatures of -50F (-45C) and -70F were possible by the end of this week in some parts of the country.

They warned that even in major metro areas, like the city of Des Moines, Iowa, frostbite will be a major danger.

Frostbite is caused when blood flow is reduced, often to extremities like the nose and cheeks or fingers and toes. The lack of warm blood can lead to tissue freezing and rupturing, and in some cases, amputation.

Meteorologists say the winter storm could become a "bomb cyclone" by Friday.

Bomb cyclone is a term given to an explosive storm that intensifies rapidly, with its central air pressure dropping by at least 24 millibars in 24 hours.

Looks like there might be some snow falling in the SE over Sunday night into Monday. If you need to travel might be an idea to watch out for the weather reports, it could turn out to be nasty.

After the driest February on record all it has done since is rain every day of March and just looking ahead looking like it's going to rain pretty much all day every day until the mid-end April
How lovely

Never mind it's all my fault, I know this because at least once a week I'm told it on TV news, got nothing to do with billionaires who are fiddling while the earth burns, it's me driving to Tottenham and weekly shopping.

Never mind it's all my fault, I know this because at least once a week I'm told it on TV news, got nothing to do with billionaires who are fiddling while the earth burns, it's me driving to Tottenham and weekly shopping.

No one actually cares about the environment. It is about dominance and making people accept your views. Same thing happens with the trans debate and most other debates.

People get so het up about things because they want others to think the same way about things as them. It gives them a sense of power that they are missing because of some inferiority complex. Most environmentalists are very ugly, for example.

Any chance of it stopping raining anytime soon ??
I reckon it's lashed it down every day in March, it's boring as now

Any chance of it stopping raining anytime soon ??
I reckon it's lashed it down every day in March, it's boring as now
It's lashed down all day here, so I just looked at my iPhone weather app and it shows the rainfall as this little column chart where each column is about 5-10% of the total chart. I mean... what happens when the column chart is at 100%...tsunami?

It's lashed down all day here, so I just looked at my iPhone weather app and it shows the rainfall as this little column chart where each column is about 5-10% of the total chart. I mean... what happens when the column chart is at 100%...tsunami?
End of Daya aka when Arsenal win the league

Beautiful where I live this afternoon
Only sat on the patio for 30 minutes and it's absolutely roasting, really hope this is the start of some sunnier/warmer weather in the UK

Back