• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Can you tell me what this is based on? I freely admit I haven't seen much of Lloris outside of major tournaments. How much of Lloris have you seen?

admittedly it is heavily based on reputation, i rarely watched Lyon and only see France at major tournaments (seen his action from recent games v Spain and Italy) - however you cannot simply ignore the reputation Lloris has within the game and coupled with the fact he is captain and goalkeeper of a footballing nation like France at 25 is high praise indeed. would Friedel be getting picked in front of him based on his performances for us ? i don't think so.

i have been semi impressed so far with the games he has played for us, gives me confidence with a run of games he would iron out the little errors and with those out of the way he would be a better keeper than Friedel imv who was impressive at the beginning of the season but since then has been fairly average to mediocre

Last edited:
admittedly it is heavily based on reputation, i rarely watched Lyon and only see France at major tournaments (seen his action from recent games v Spain and Italy) - however you cannot simply ignore the reputation Lloris has within the game and coupled with the fact he is captain and goalkeeper of a footballing nation like France at 25 is high praise indeed.

I don't really place a lot of stock on reputation, and prefer to judge from my own eyes. To turn this on his head I've seen way to many England players win a lot of caps, have high reptuations and who are actually very ordinary. And to use an example from today, and I know he scored against us, Mertesacker is someone who has never impressed me and yet he has a brickload of caps for Germany!

that's understandable, but Lloris is a name ive known for years now and to see us sign a player who has been talked about as potential world class for so long is exciting - i don't think there has been anything between his and Friedels performances this season in terms of the goals conceded whilst i have been impressed with other aspects of his game. the errors he has made (if you can call them that) are the type of things which should get ironed out with a run of games and playing in a settled team - so with that in mind a run as number 1 would see him cut those things out making him the better player

Well he is going to be our No 1 keeper going forward and he was ok today, however i have not seen him perform as if he is as good as some have been creaming themselves about.

Well he is going to be our No 1 keeper going forward and he was ok today, however i have not seen him perform as if he is as good as some have been creaming themselves about.

i don't think anyone has - once he is settled in the team and behind a consistent back four then you'll all see ;)

Once they got the equaliser it was only gonna go one way. Don't think Friedel would have made any difference today. Lloris might have been super motivated today, but the actions of other players put him in a position where it was virtually impossible to look good.

=D>

As i said i would stick with him too but he didn't showcase his apparent fast reactions and reflexes on this game. Do i think Friedel would have saved any? probably not but the 3rd goal was a goal that would have been labelled friedel's fault by some but it's not even mentioned when lloris does the same damn thing. in fact he gets a lot of 6 ratings....after conceding 5 goals.

Can someone please point me to the "good saves" people say he made today? i saw 1 good save so i'd appreciate if i was shown/told about the other ones?

3rd goal looked soft to me, agree, he was excellent off his line early several times today to snuff chances out, very brave...

Brad tends not to get beaten by chances in his reach but Lloris missed two today.
Brad clears with both feet but Lloris favours his left. Can't remember Brad ever punting a ball straight into touch.
This was not the day for Lloris to start and he did not impress me except for 1 good save.

Brad tends not to get beaten by chances in his reach but Lloris missed two today.
Brad clears with both feet but Lloris favours his left. Can't remember Brad ever punting a ball straight into touch.
This was not the day for Lloris to start and he did not impress me except for 1 good save.

I don't want to get into it right now, but can I just point out 'in his reach' becomes a thoroughly arbitrary definition if I consider what you've said.

Two goals went under his arms. Brad tends to not let that happen.

Brad tends to not get down quick enough to let it happen. Look, again, today of all days why not leave it alone? I think we all feel he could've been a lot sharper for the 3rd, but let's not get into one of these futile, pointless fudging arguments tonight.

I am happy for any of our goalies to start but right now Brad is the best of the bunch. It is not a pointless argument. AVB was smart to give Lloris his start against Villa. He was dumb to give Lloris a start today. Was it because Arse games are so big in France? If the decision was based on footballing reasons then I will apologise to all.

Didn't think he could have done much with the goals today, I think a lot of people have become super critical of our goalkeepers this season because of all the Brad/Lloris discussions.

Thought Lloris did what we can expect from him today and I think he should start again next weekend.

The save from Giroud at the Efemirates today was world class; I would like him to be our number 1 for the league, with Freidel for the cups?

I think if you drop Lloris for West Ham it will kill any confidence he has. He needs to play against Lazio and then against West Ham and see how things go after that.

I think if you drop Lloris for West Ham it will kill any confidence he has. He needs to play against Lazio and then against West Ham and see how things go after that.
THIS. Keeper rotation at club level does not work. Keeper rotation with a player new to the league is suicidal. Give Lloris the starting spot for the next 10 games and see how he beds in.

Back