• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

There was a one handed one where he tipped the ball over and one from short range that he caught. Didn't bother paying too much attention to the second half.

the catch was basic so like i thought there was 1 good save. After conceding 5 goals where at least 1 he could have done better he gets a 6/10 because of 1 good save? then there's that weird punch he did which put pressure on us again..but he gets a 6/10?

Friedel would have got a 2/10 for todays performance by certain people...i guarantee it.

i think where Lloris is new to the side he will get cut some slack as opposed to a player that is settled - you can argue that a lack of game time + moving to a new league/country/team will mean that Lloris will suffer little faults in his game, faults that possibly won't be there in time or with a run of games - so naturally these things won't be scrutinized as much as when Friedel does the same.

both players will not get exactly the same kind of treatment from anyone, in terms of how their performances get appraised and whilst that can be viewed as something sinister like having an agenda or whatever, i think maybe it's just more a case of two players in different circumstances get judged accordingly

Fair enough, i don't agree and think they should be judged equally but if that's the case then so be it.

the catch was basic so like i thought there was 1 good save. After conceding 5 goals where at least 1 he could have done better he gets a 6/10 because of 1 good save? then there's that weird punch he did which put pressure on us again..but he gets a 6/10?

Friedel would have got a 2/10 for todays performance by certain people...i guarantee it.

I thought the catch was pretty good. There are several keepers in this league where the ball would have slipped through their hands or they would have fumbled it in when on the ground. Nothing world class, but at least he's not Robert Green or anything.

Fair enough, i don't agree and think they should be judged equally but if that's the case then so be it.

that's fair enough and i can understand why yourself and african take such a defensive attitude on the subject - just think that you can't judge them equally at this point because there are so many important factors affecting the new guy. if you just want to judge the performances like for like then fair enough - but most will be judging Lloris with one eye on the future ie focusing on what he does well and not so much on the little mistakes because with a run in the team they should become few and far between

I dont think he did anything wrong as much as I dont think Friedel does anything wrong.

Lorry today wasnt helped by the brick defending in front of him and with all sorts of pressure comes chances and he just didnt have much opportunity. I would give him an extended period of time - until end of season.

You have to judge a performance purely on the performance surely? I don't think it's fair to cut a player slack, or be overly harsh based on other factors. Just judge them in a unbiased manner on their actual performance.

I thought Lloris could have done better for two of the goals, but he also wasn't to blame for both goals. A world class shot stopper may have stopped them, but it's too early to say yet whether Lloris is a world class shot stopper. Also a world class shot stopper doesn't make a keeper world class, just like a world class keeper doesn't have to be a world class shot stopper. Positioning, anticipation and decision making are the main traits of a world class keeper and they make hard saves look routine purely by being in the right place not to have to pull off TV saves.

I thought Lloris got better as the game went on, and it's not easy just coming into a match like that. If Lloris had a few more games under his belt then he may well have saved a couple of those goals today. Until we see more of him we just don't know.

What I have seen already though and I don't think it will improve is that his kicking and distribution are appalling. Worst of all our four keepers, and none of them are top drawer at it. Also because he does like to come off of his line frequently he will make a few howlers, but he'll also stop a few shots on goal that would happen if he stayed on his line.

You have to judge a performance purely on the performance surely? I don't think it's fair to cut a player slack, or be overly harsh based on other factors. Just judge them in a unbiased manner on their actual performance.

that would be the fairest way to do it, obviously but it isn't how it goes down is it ? say Carroll comes in to the team, plays alongside Huddelstone, both put in similar levels of performance but id wager Carroll would get an average higher score in the ratings because of the outside factors being his age and lack of experience

I dont think he did anything wrong as much as I dont think Friedel does anything wrong.

Lorry today wasnt helped by the brick defending in front of him and with all sorts of pressure comes chances and he just didnt have much opportunity. I would give him an extended period of time - until end of season.

Agreed

He had about 4 players blocking his view for the 3rd goal alone which was a shot from 5 yards yet some in the OMT expected a save. Same for the the first

I thought Lloris could have done better for two of the goals, but he also wasn't to blame for both goals. A world class shot stopper may have stopped them, but it's too early to say yet whether Lloris is a world class shot stopper. Also a world class shot stopper doesn't make a keeper world class, just like a world class keeper doesn't have to be a world class shot stopper. Positioning, anticipation and decision making are the main traits of a world class keeper and they make hard saves look routine purely by being in the right place not to have to pull off TV saves.

I thought Lloris got better as the game went on, and it's not easy just coming into a match like that. If Lloris had a few more games under his belt then he may well have saved a couple of those goals today. Until we see more of him we just don't know.

What I have seen already though and I don't think it will improve is that his kicking and distribution are appalling. Worst of all our four keepers, and none of them are top drawer at it. Also because he does like to come off of his line frequently he will make a few howlers, but he'll also stop a few shots on goal that would happen if he stayed on his line.

I dont think it is appalling I think that firstly the players are passing a fair bit to his right foot (thats habit as Friedel was right footed) and secondly Lorry does try to pass rather than hoof.

I dont think it is appalling I think that firstly the players are passing a fair bit to his right foot (thats habit as Friedel was right footed) and secondly Lorry does try to pass rather than hoof.

Keepers should just hoof into an area and its up to the outfield player to be in that area to have a chance of winning the ball. Lloris's passes keep going out for throw ins and he gets hardly any distance on his kicks. He has a good throw on him though.

Lloris should be the no.1 now for good, barring any massive fudge ups.

I think this depends on what we want this season. If we truly believe top four is gone, and I don't think it was ever on the cards, then I agree we play Lloris and build for the future. If we think top four is on, we have to play our strongest team regardless of age and that means Friedel has to start.

I think this depends on what we want this season. If we truly believe top four is gone, and I don't think it was ever on the cards, then I agree we play Lloris and build for the future. If we think top four is on, we have to play our strongest team regardless of age and that means Friedel has to start.

i agree with the attitude but not with the assessment. we should be playing our strongest team for sure and for me once he has had a run of games Lloris will prove himself the better player.

i agree with the attitude but not with the assessment. we should be playing our strongest team for sure and for me once he has had a run of games Lloris will be the better player.

Can you tell me what this is based on? I freely admit I haven't seen much of Lloris outside of major tournaments. How much of Lloris have you seen?

:lol:

Back