• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

If we could shift Lloris, Perisic and Ndombele this summer it would clear a pile of wages too. First too would be impossible to get a fee for, and even with Ndombele with 2 years left on his contract, if we dont get a fee this summer then we won't next summer.

Would make signings easier as we'd presumably be more willing to offer decent wages (even if we're not up against FFP limits, human nature dictates that its easier to spend more if you've saved a similar amount already)

There's enough good English keepers around to be able to get one to add to the Homegrown contingent too. Pickford, Johnstone, and Henderson would all be good choices with the proper coaching.

There's enough good English keepers around to be able to get one to add to the Homegrown contingent too. Pickford, Johnstone, and Henderson would all be good choices with the proper coaching.
Pickford - irratic.
Johnstone - 30 and never held down a place at high level. Not hugely coachable.
Henderson - 26. "Could" be a EL level keeper. It's hard to tell, he's only had one full season in a top division.

We do already have one that got in to the England squad not so long ago as a fairly functional number 2, Raya another HG who'd be more of a sure bet as a reliable number one which would be an ideal situation for the quota side of things. Your three don't inspire me with hope apart from Henderson who isn't a certainty.

Interesting on Lloris, respectfully I don't imagine there's many desperate for him to stay, it seems the right time but it's just finding a suitable move. Hopefully going public puts the right kind of pressure on so we can find a solution for us and him before pre season.

I do think we should be getting a fee for someone who could arguably go in as a number one for a lower league club. Appreciate his service / efforts though, shame we couldn't win something during his time at the club given the talent he's seen cone and go.

We do already have one that got in to the England squad not so long ago as a fairly functional number 2, Raya another HG who'd be more of a sure bet as a reliable number one which would be an ideal situation for the quota side of things. Your three don't inspire me with hope apart from Henderson who isn't a certainty.

Interesting on Lloris, respectfully I don't imagine there's many desperate for him to stay, it seems the right time but it's just finding a suitable move. Hopefully going public puts the right kind of pressure on so we can find a solution for us and him before pre season.

I do think we should be getting a fee for someone who could arguably go in as a number one for a lower league club. Appreciate his service / efforts though, shame we couldn't win something during his time at the club given the talent he's seen cone and go.
Raya would be my choice. Has been for a couple of years.
I think Hugo will get a loan to France to see out his contract, then probably retire and become some kind of ambassador. Either for us or France.

Been a fabulous servant for this club.
Yes the last couple of years have been uncomfortable. But that's across the club!

Definitely in the top 5 of GKs we've ever had. A very very good GK. Not too tier; but could produce top tier quality at big moments.
He has genuinely raised the bar for GK expectations.
His legacy is exceptional.

we've been quite good at picking first choice keepers to be fair
Robinson
Hugo

Who else?
Maybe Friedal? He was our level.

Otherwise- Keller. Walker.

Actually, I think that's about it. Robbo and Hugo cover quite a long period. And Robbo had a similar career trajectory to Hart - fantastic, then really quickly became utter brick and stayed that way. Really odd

Raya would be my choice. Has been for a couple of years.
I think Hugo will get a loan to France to see out his contract, then probably retire and become some kind of ambassador. Either for us or France.

Been a fabulous servant for this club.
Yes the last couple of years have been uncomfortable. But that's across the club!

Definitely in the top 5 of GKs we've ever had. A very very good GK. Not too tier; but could produce top tier quality at big moments.
He has genuinely raised the bar for GK expectations.
His legacy is exceptional.

Raya does seem the one but no doubt other clubs will have seem what we have so it'll be an interesting one if a bidding war ultimately results in there being no bonus in terms of him being cheaper.

tickle my balls with a feather re his legacy but also the last couple of seasons. I am in the camp that has him down as at least appearing like he wasn't a massively calming influence but he was a tremendous part of some excellent defences.

Off topic but I am an album and a half in on Russian circles, incredible stuff, not to oversimply it but it does seem like Mogwai but closer to to the realms of metal,love that angsty / ominous vibe if I'm in the right mood!

Pickford - irratic.
Johnstone - 30 and never held down a place at high level. Not hugely coachable.
Henderson - 26. "Could" be a EL level keeper. It's hard to tell, he's only had one full season in a top division.

I like Henderson and he is young enough to get even better, not sure if we could get him from Utd though.

Robinson
Hugo

Who else?
Maybe Friedal? He was our level.

Otherwise- Keller. Walker.

Actually, I think that's about it. Robbo and Hugo cover quite a long period. And Robbo had a similar career trajectory to Hart - fantastic, then really quickly became utter brick and stayed that way. Really odd

Hugo, Friedel, Gomes, Robinson, Sullivan, Walker, Thorsvedt

That’s a solid bunch, we had issues when Walker was here but he was still a very good keeper and regularly in good England squads.

If the next guy is in that envelope we’ll have done well.

Hugo, Friedel, Gomes, Robinson, Sullivan, Walker, Thorsvedt

That’s a solid bunch, we had issues when Walker was here but he was still a very good keeper and regularly in good England squads.

If the next guy is in that envelope we’ll have done well.

Solid, yep, in that all were top half standard. Not sure any were regularly in say the top 3 keepers in the league consistently. Maybe Robbo was.

My ordering of them in terms of long-term consistency of performance (ie ironing out the Gomes masterclass saves for general Friedel/Sullivan reliability):

Robinson
Hugo
Sullivan
Friedel
Gomes
Thorstvedt
Walker

Solid, yep, in that all were top half standard. Not sure any were regularly in say the top 3 keepers in the league consistently. Maybe Robbo was.

My ordering of them in terms of long-term consistency of performance (ie ironing out the Gomes masterclass saves for general Friedel/Sullivan reliability):

Robinson
Hugo
Sullivan
Friedel
Gomes
Thorstvedt
Walker

I rate Hugo above Robinson. I don't know how Paul Robinson is beating out Friedel. Apart from that I am fine.

Back