• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I'm sorry... I don't get this "Brad has done nothing wrong so should keep playing" argument. Say Lloris and Brad were injured and Carlo came in for 2 or 3 matches. He does nothing wrong but isn't spectacular. Does that mean he should keep his place once Lloris and Brad are fit? Surely at that point the BEST keeper goes back in goal. I'm not saying it should be Lloris or Brad playing, all I'm saying is AVB should play who he thinks is the best keeper.

Agree - rotating your GK is absurd. You want your keeper to develop an understanding with the defence and have confidence that he's the no 1. I think its ridiculous having a situation where a keeper knows that regardless of what he does, he wont be playing the next game and on the other hand that, if he makes a mistake, he doesnt have a manager who will back him. The best keepers are those who are supremely confident and boss the area

Lloris should play all games from now on IMO. Just like my comments on Ledders in his last two seasons, we need to replace him so we jave a consistent line up at the back, barring injuries and/or suspensions.

My biggest concern is still the back four though - what is our potentially strongest line up ? Walker, Kaboom, caulker and benny ? Caulker can still improve a lot IMO, walker needs a break for a couple of games, naughton can step in as he's naturally right footed, not left where he's been asked to play.

^ no Vertonghen in our strongest back four ?

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Ekotto - for me will be our first choice back four but i expect to see plenty of Caulker as well.

Last edited:
I see Friedel hasn't travelled to Rmoe so presumably Lloris tonight and then Friedel again at the weekend.
Utterly mental.
It's turning into a blue-chip demonstration in how not to create a stable defensive unit by AVB.
Choose who your number one is, and stick with him.

I see Friedel hasn't travelled to Rmoe so presumably Lloris tonight and then Friedel again at the weekend.
Utterly mental.
It's turning into a blue-chip demonstration in how not to create a stable defensive unit by AVB.
Choose who your number one is, and stick with him.

So if he starts lloris people bitch at him for not making lloris his number one, but if he hadn't started lloris people would have bitched at him for not making lloris his number one..

Interesting..

Thought he did well tonight, that's pretty much the standard I've seen from Lloris in a France and Lyon shirt. Hopefully that's the end of this sillyness now?

Thought he did well tonight, that's pretty much the standard I've seen from Lloris in a France and Lyon shirt. Hopefully that's the end of this sillyness now?

I think that he was a bit of a mixed bag tonight. He looks agile, was quick off his line but I think he flapped a bit and I thought his distribution was poor. Hopefully a run of games will lead to improvements in the areas where he was less convincing.

ok, are we looking for the perfect 10 performance or are we looking to play the best keeper we've got? Because if that's your standards on Lloris I hope you critique Friedel in the same way?

Jeez, when Friedel has performed in the same way I (and majority of other posters) have never said anything but positves, but now because Lloris put's in this performance, there's still this suspicious "highly rated foreigner, but I'm too clever to be taken in by the hype" type analysis of him. I just don't get it.

surely we're looking for a perfect 10 performance from all our players every week?

Well yea and and i'm looking to wake up next to Rihanna every morning, but reality is a bit different.

If we're living off 6-7's and we get an 8-9 performance surely we should be happy?

ok, are we looking for the perfect 10 performance or are we looking to play the best keeper we've got? Because if that's your standards on Lloris I hope you critique Friedel in the same way?

Jeez, when Friedel has performed in the same way I (and majority of other posters) have never said anything but positves, but now because Lloris put's in this performance, there's still this suspicious "highly rated foreigner, but I'm too clever to be taken in by the hype" type analysis of him. I just don't get it.

I thought that it was an OK performance and I would certainly start Lloris against West Ham. I think that there are areas where he needs to improve but as I said in my last post, hopefully a run of games will help sort those out.

Back