• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Llory boy was good today. A lot of the saves he made Brad would have made however the one that Brad wouldn't have made is why now its time for Lloris to get in. The one where he came rushin out to edge of area was the decisive save.

I agree but I think Vertonghen and Caulker were poor tonight and the high line left us very exposed.

if that's an ok game then our other GK performances have been proper brick this year ! (I rate them all as average 5/6 out of 10 by the way)

I think if we are going to continue to play the high line (which I thought was so we could retain possession by pressuring the midfield - something which hasn't happened much all season) then we need to play Lloris. Some of his best work was rushing off his line and getting to the ball before the attacker (not like Cech last night). Brad is a great keeper, but that is not his strength.

I agree but I think Vertonghen and Caulker were poor tonight and the high line left us very exposed.

seriously, with that offside trap and the hands in the air i couldve sworn i was watching a George Graham inspired defensive show

I think if we are going to continue to play the high line (which I thought was so we could retain possession by pressuring the midfield - something which hasn't happened much all season) then we need to play Lloris. Some of his best work was rushing off his line and getting to the ball before the attacker (not like Cech last night). Brad is a great keeper, but that is not his strength.

I agree, Brad and a high line would be a recipe for disaster.

Two of those were hit straight at him and I think that he has a tendency to over dramatise relatively simple saves. Anyway, I'm getting drawn into slagging the guy off and that was not my intention. An ok game from Lloris and hopefully, onwards and upwards from here.

I was referring more to the rushing off the line efforts.

Fact remains,without him tonight,we would have lost.

We're analysing our keeping performances way too much, but this is to be expected because of the situation we have found ourselves in with Brad and Hugo.

If there had been no drama regarding who our number one is, my opinion is that we would be raving about Lloris' man of the match performance and keeping us in the game. Instead, we are picking every minute detail of his performance apart and getting ourselves into an analysis paralysis situation.

We're analysing our keeping performances way too much, but this is to be expected because of the situation we have found ourselves in with Brad and Hugo.

If there had been no drama regarding who our number one is, my opinion is that we would be raving about Lloris' man of the match performance and keeping us in the game. Instead, we are picking every minute detail of his performance apart and getting ourselves into an analysis paralysis situation.

Indeed there's gonna be a ridiculous backlash when Friedel starts at the weekend.
AVB will rightly pick Friedel over Lloris against West Ham as Friedel is better suited to playing against a team of long ball freaks and Andy Carroll.

It seems a little odd for a keeper who kept a clean sheet and made some better-than-routine saves/actions to achieve that to then be deemed 6/10, which is the sort of score you'd assign to defensive players who've conceded one or two.

In general.

If Lloris is dropped on Sunday, I think we can safely say this would AVB's first major man-mangement question mark on a considerable level. Absolutely no excuses this time.

I really like him and hopefully he stays long enough to implement all his ideas and philosophies - but you do not rotate you keepers, not when one of them is about to call it a day anyway (with Spurs at least - heard strong Blackburn links in January - no ITK)

Think people who say we should play Brad are missing the point a bit. Even if you really think Brad is in better form or even a better keeper (both debatable), the fact is we have bought a keeper who represents our long-term planning. So he should play because clearly he is our future and it's in our best interests for him to bed in as quickly as possible, for the sake of his development and morale. We cannot persist with Brad forever and now that Lloris has played consecutive games he has to stay in for the good of the team. To switch back to Brad now just undermines him completely.

Indeed there's gonna be a ridiculous backlash when Friedel starts at the weekend.
AVB will rightly pick Friedel over Lloris against West Ham as Friedel is better suited to playing against a team of long ball freaks and Andy Carroll.

What exactly is Friedel better at that makes him a better choice against a team like West Ham?

Friedel for me stays on his line way too much for crosses and set pieces, coming for crosses is one of the things Lloris is quite good at. For me Lloris seems like the obvious choice.

I was referring more to the rushing off the line efforts.

Fact remains,without him tonight,we would have lost.

I agree he did well in those situations. I thought that the high line didn't work for us last night and we looked vulnerable but that is not Lloris' fault.

What exactly is Friedel better at that makes him a better choice against a team like West Ham?

Friedel for me stays on his line way too much for crosses and set pieces, coming for crosses is one of the things Lloris is quite good at. For me Lloris seems like the obvious choice.

Exactly. I know who I'd rather have in goal when a team is playing long through balls, a keeper not hesitant to come meet them

I dont think they were THAT poor - I just think the high line made them look worse than they were. If you are gonna play a high line then the keeper has to be alert and come rushing out and Lloris did that. Now with rushing out there is no doubt he will get caught out two or three times in a season but thats the risky game I suppose AVB wants to play.

I think in general he was good although he is a typical foreign keeper where he does punch rather than catch and is actually a bit flamboyant in his style but I like that. Its obvious he will get better with a run of games and today he looked a lot more confident than in the past.

I dont think they were THAT poor - I just think the high line made them look worse than they were. If you are gonna play a high line then the keeper has to be alert and come rushing out and Lloris did that. Now with rushing out there is no doubt he will get caught out two or three times in a season but thats the risky game I suppose AVB wants to play.

I think in general he was good although he is a typical foreign keeper where he does punch rather than catch and is actually a bit flamboyant in his style but I like that. Its obvious he will get better with a run of games and today he looked a lot more confident than in the past.

I agree with pretty much all of that

Hugo Lloris, Tottenham goalkeeper

'I try to give my best no matter what game it is and no matter who the opponents are. Tottenham are a very big English club with high aspirations, a good project and a young team with good talented players. I think there is a big future here. I need to keep playing to get more confidence and to play to my best.

I hope I do get to play more games, but at the moment we are concentrating on the aims of the club. We have four really good quality goalkeepers. We just train to our best and it's up to the club to decide. It's good to play in European games, but as I said, I need to keep playing and I hope that I will get to play more.'

I thought this guy had an ego problem and his attitude stunk? Class.

I raised it in the match thread, but the Lazio foward was s-l-o-w. Lloris rushing out like he did, was it down to him being aware that he'd almost certainly beat the forward to the ball? If so that is world class keeping and match preperation! Or is coming off his line like that standard behaviour and he'd do it no matter who the opposition forward is? If it's the latter he'll get punished for it at some point.

Back