• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

So has turned down Nice, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Lazio
He isn't our back up this season so seriously needs to be mutually terminated

If I was him I would've turned down being a no2 at all those clubs too. It's a shame but no one will want a 36/37 years old, high earning keeper who has shown signs of decline. No small club can afford his wages to offer him some romantic 'big name signing' move either. He's stuck in a no win situation really if he doesn't want to retire yet. Other than a Saudi offer (which he apparently doesnt want for family reasons) he's screwed.

Time to mutually terminate he's contract I agree. Shame he didn't go out on a high

If I was him I would've turned down being a no2 at all those clubs too. It's a shame but no one will want a 36/37 years old, high earning keeper who has shown signs of decline. No small club can afford his wages to offer him some romantic 'big name signing' move either. He's stuck in a no win situation really if he doesn't want to retire yet. Other than a Saudi offer (which he apparently doesnt want for family reasons) he's screwed.

Time to mutually terminate he's contract I agree. Shame he didn't go out on a high
His wife has a kids clothing company that is doing well in theStates, wonder if he could get a MLS move

His wife has a kids clothing company that is doing well in theStates, wonder if he could get a MLS move

Yeah MLS was mentioned before but I thought someone said their window is closed. Not sure if true. Also, Apparently it's quite rare for their teams to use their designated players spaces on keepers I think. Who knows. I'm sure something will happen in the next few days

We only have one cup competition left to play in, but after Foster's penalty showing, I wouldn't mind Hugo as backup keeper. If we shift N'wasteofspace and Sanchez it might free up a spot for Hugo.

N'dombele + Hugos wages are probably not far off a tiny countries GDP!

We only have one cup competition left to play in, but after Foster's penalty showing, I wouldn't mind Hugo as backup keeper. If we shift N'wasteofspace and Sanchez it might free up a spot for Hugo.

N'dombele + Hugos wages are probably not far off a tiny countries GDP!

Postecoglou specifically ruled it out, though. Said it made no sense to have two non-HG keepers, and for what it's worth, I agree with him.

Backup keepers are essentially 'free hits' from a HG/CG perspective, since they will rarely play but are necessary in the squad. So good squad management should be to have one non-HG keeper (in Vicario), one HG backup (Forster) and one CG player as 3rd (Austin or another youth GK). The third wouldn't be used anyway - if we're down to just Forster, we would just bring in an emergency loan to cover it.

I will never say a word against Hugo going the way he wants to - he has earned it, with eleven years of selfless service that included turning down bigger clubs than us to stay here.

But we can't keep him from a squad management perspective - we're at the bare minimum for HG/CG as is, without him.

So, I think it's best to leave him to decide how he wants to leave, outside the squad. If he wants to stay until Jan to assess his options, so be it.

Postecoglou specifically ruled it out, though. Said it made no sense to have two non-HG keepers, and for what it's worth, I agree with him.

Backup keepers are essentially 'free hits' from a HG/CG perspective, since they will rarely play but are necessary in the squad. So good squad management should be to have one non-HG keeper (in Vicario), one HG backup (Forster) and one CG player as 3rd (Austin or another youth GK). The third wouldn't be used anyway - if we're down to just Forster, we would just bring in an emergency loan to cover it.

I will never say a word against Hugo going the way he wants to - he has earned it, with eleven years of selfless service that included turning down bigger clubs than us to stay here.

But we can't keep him from a squad management perspective - we're at the bare minimum for HG/CG as is, without him.

So, I think it's best to leave him to decide how he wants to leave, outside the squad. If he wants to stay until Jan to assess his options, so be it.

Spot on

People making too much of a meal about Lloris when he is literally not taking any part this season.

So he sees out a year of contract or gets paid out. So what

Its just a potential scenario. Gala are taking 2 of our OS players and potentially talking about/to 2 others. That offers the possibility that we'll have space to name him

Its just a potential scenario. Gala are taking 2 of our OS players and potentially talking about/to 2 others

True, but with Hugo he's already turned down a lot of offers where he isn't first choice, as I understand it. And the problem is, few top clubs would make him their No.1 after the decline he's experienced since 2021, while those that would (thinking Champo /Ligue 2 / Segunda Division level clubs) cannot afford his wages.

He's in a bit of a quandary, but I am supportive of him being given the time to think it through.

Maybe he's waiting for ANY keeper in the top 10 leagues around the world to get injured, then Lloris can leap in to help out. I'm sure that must happen each year.

Maybe he's waiting for ANY keeper in the top 10 leagues around the world to get injured, then Lloris can leap in to help out. I'm sure that must happen each year.
Didnt someone like Steve Harper have a decade long career appendix as an emergency loan keeper?

Obviously.

But if he’s not moving, would you just pay his wages and leave the vacant squad place unused?

Yeah MLS was mentioned before but I thought someone said their window is closed. Not sure if true. Also, Apparently it's quite rare for their teams to use their designated players spaces on keepers I think. Who knows. I'm sure something will happen in the next few days
Maybe someone will realise having a good GK is worth it? The standard of GKs in the MLS is hilarious.

Part of me does wonder if Hugo in his own mind has retired. But also isn’t going to just walk away from a seasons worth of premier league wages.

Might also not want to move his family from London which is probably all his kids have known.

Part of me does wonder if Hugo in his own mind has retired. But also isn’t going to just walk away from a seasons worth of premier league wages.

Might also not want to move his family from London which is probably all his kids have known.
Seems plausible, if not his initial plan certainly something that could have evolved due to lack of offers as no.1 at the level he thinks he could still play.

Back