• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He used to be a world class shot stopper. He no longer is. It seems rather clear it's age related.

Feeling that, knowing that, will mess with your confidence. But the underlying issue isn't his confidence.

Hope he can pull off half a season at a decent level, but difficult to keep hoping for that right now.

Sad to see.

100% age related. He doesn’t even get to saveable shots anymore. I’m still convinced he could have got to Odegaard’s goal on Sunday. Let in a similar one against Lisbon which I was also convinced he should have saved at the time. I’m sure he’s probably a good leader in the dressing room but that alone isn’t enough. We all know his shortcomings with his feet but his best attribute (shot stopping) is fading. Shouldn’t be first choice anymore.

Thought he was very weak on the first goal as well, dived out and didn’t get anything on it. Just can’t imagine the likes of Pope, Ramsdale, Alison, Ederson etc conceding that one. The mistakes Alison and Ederson make are by passing it out Where the benefits outweigh the risks, they don’t seem to fudge up the basics.

Thought he was very weak on the first goal as well, dived out and didn’t get anything on it. Just can’t imagine the likes of Pope, Ramsdale, Alison, Ederson etc conceding that one. The mistakes Alison and Ederson make are by passing it out Where the benefits outweigh the risks, they don’t seem to fudge up the basics.

If we’re counting the 3rd goal last night, then that’s 5 errors he’s made which have resulted in a goal this season. 3 of those have been this month alone! Forster may not be the long term solution but I will be utterly perplexed if Lloris is in the starting lineup on Sunday.

If we’re counting the 3rd goal last night, then that’s 5 errors he’s made which have resulted in a goal this season. 3 of those have been this month alone! Forster may not be the long term solution but I will be utterly perplexed if Lloris is in the starting lineup on Sunday.

You can make excuses for him on the first and third goals last night. The first one, he's just trying to get something on it and he didn't really cause it as such. He does nothing, they probably score anyway. But it looked really bad.

The third one does take a deflection but he's had a bit of time to adjust and it's at his front post. He should stop it.

I absolutely love the guy. If he throws one in every week between now and the end of the season, he's still a club legend and I hate it that he'll leave without winning anything most likely. But, sadly, his time is up. Great servant, arguably our best ever keeper (yeah Jennings and Clem I know) but it's time.

You can make excuses for him on the first and third goals last night. The first one, he's just trying to get something on it and he didn't really cause it as such. He does nothing, they probably score anyway. But it looked really bad.

The third one does take a deflection but he's had a bit of time to adjust and it's at his front post. He should stop it.

I absolutely love the guy. If he throws one in every week between now and the end of the season, he's still a club legend and I hate it that he'll leave without winning anything most likely. But, sadly, his time is up. Great servant, arguably our best ever keeper (yeah Jennings and Clem I know) but it's time.

I used to think he saved his worst performances for the biggest games (made numerous high profile blunders in big derbies and against teams at the top of the table when we were challenging) but he is making them on a weekly basis at the moment.

The first one, he's just trying to get something on it and he didn't really cause it as such. He does nothing, they probably score anyway. But it looked really bad.
Agree, that one was a split second decision, he probably shouldn't have tried to win it and it did look bad at the time, but we were well in the brick before the play got that far with our fire drill defending.

The mistakes Alison and Ederson make are by passing it out Where the benefits outweigh the risks, they don’t seem to fudge up the basics.
I'd argue that Ederson parrying a tight angle shot back into the danger area at headable height wasn't exactly brilliant goalkeeping, had that been a Hugo it would certainly have been mentioned on here.

He's probably gone on a bit too long, we should've had a proper replacement lined up for this moment but obviously don't (perhaps they thought Gollini or whatever his name was would be it), I find it pretty hard to believe a 34 year old Fraser Forster is going to be any better though, may even be worse.

I'd argue that Ederson parrying a tight angle shot back into the danger area at headable height wasn't exactly brilliant goalkeeping, had that been a Hugo it would certainly have been mentioned on here.
I think that’s a fair comment. Lloris seems to do that sort of thing regularly nowadays though, I get the feeling Ederson just had a rare bad night?

Most goalies make mistakes, and Lloris didn't make the biggest one today. But the frequency of his errors is very worrying.

I agree, he is making mistakes and that HAS to effect his confidence. Goalkeepers have probably the most thankless task in a team. Most other posistions can get away with making mistakes every so often but for a keeper when they do iot usually ends up in the back of the net.

Feel sorry for him to be honest but we really do need to look for a replacement this summer.

I’d like a look at Whiteman, we’ve kept him for 7 years so far, he must have something.
He was on loan in Sweden for the last year and get only a few games. He's 24 now and if he can't start for a Swedish team he's not good enough to start for us.

I think that’s a fair comment. Lloris seems to do that sort of thing regularly nowadays though, I get the feeling Ederson just had a rare bad night?
I'd assume he's not making regular rooster ups like Hugo is at the moment, but then would we notice if he was - if they didn't lead to goals? I presume Hugo is for all of us our most watched keeper? You notice it when he looks like a new born giraffe with the ball at his feet because we see everything he does each game, perhaps the others have their moments, but they're not highlight worthy?

Again, it's probably the end for him and he's in a dreadful run of ricks, it's probably time for the Fraser Forster Experience for a bit, if anything just to get Hugo out of the limelight for a moment, but I'm just not convinced we'll be any the better off.

Hopefully Paratici can come up with something, could well be the summer though.

Maybe if he wears his gloves.

haha.

In truth, he probably done at the end of the season but I don’t see him being dropped by Conte or his replacement (if we get rid of Conte before) for the remainder of the season.

his performances will improve as well I feel. Although there is an argument to say they can’t get much worse

Back