• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He's probably been the best GK this tournament, Martinez just gets the award because of the penalty shoot outs but he wasn't that great in regular play.

Hugo is a terrible penalty saver though, half the time he doesn't move.

Two World Cup winners in our defense....shame about the rest of them :D

Surprised to hear we've only had 3 WC winners so far - those two and Ziege. Greaves was obviously a controversial case. And I guess the likes of Peters, Villa, Ardiles and Klinsmann only moved to us after they'd won it.

If he didn’t move today he would have saved 3 pens
Even the risk of the keeper seeing out the shot would put more pressure on the penalty taker. Mix it up. The amount of penalties in or near the middle is quite high, and you're not certain of saving even if choosing the correct side. A good penalty is a good penalty. He would have made a fool out of Messi at least.

He's probably been the best GK this tournament, Martinez just gets the award because of the penalty shoot outs but he wasn't that great in regular play.

Hugo is a terrible penalty saver though, half the time he doesn't move.

that save in the last minute of ET was massive

Surprised to hear we've only had 3 WC winners so far - those two and Ziege. Greaves was obviously a controversial case. And I guess the likes of Peters, Villa, Ardiles and Klinsmann only moved to us after they'd won it.

Ziege didn’t win the World Cup and definitely didn’t do it playing for us unless I’ve had too much mulled wine and am missing something?

Ziege didn’t win the World Cup and definitely didn’t do it playing for us unless I’ve had too much mulled wine and am missing something?

I remember reading after the wc final in 2018 that Lloris was our only WC winner, so think you're right! Really weird stat, considering we've had some good teams up throughout history.

Even the risk of the keeper seeing out the shot would put more pressure on the penalty taker. Mix it up. The amount of penalties in or near the middle is quite high, and you're not certain of saving even if choosing the correct side. A good penalty is a good penalty. He would have made a fool out of Messi at least.

Definitely, I think when anyone does that stop/start run up the keeper should stand their ground and wait to see the direction as it's really hard for them to get any power on it once they do that.

Definitely, I think when anyone does that stop/start run up the keeper should stand their ground and wait to see the direction as it's really hard for them to get any power on it once they do that.

He did that and then a couple just rolled them in the corners and people moan "he did not even move" I think there is a post maybe a page back bemoaning it

He did that and then a couple just rolled them in the corners and people moan "he did not even move" I think there is a post maybe a page back bemoaning it

Cheers, just seen it above.

Sometimes a penalty taker is just too good and you can get fooled but I think if the GK stands their ground during those run ups they'll save a fair few and put pressure on others to aim for the corners. Given it seems so obvious maybe there's a good reason why they don't.

Back