• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

We made these mistakes under previous a managers
We either need better players or a better mind set
As in don’t switch off just before half time and full time
Stay focussed for 90 minutes
Take charge and do your job
It’s basics but we crumble in it then and time again
I know people think this is a Jose problem but I do remember us doing this a lot under last period Poch

I would not have binned Gazza and touched Hart with your bargepole and bought the young lad in from the reserves (can't remember names).
Don't get me started on Doherty!!! Mind I didn't rate KWP so I'm clueless. Wish we had him now.

Or we get brave and sell Hugo and bring in a keeper for the future now
Someone who commands the area for a start
Hugo has been great this season but yesterday was woeful (maybe that’s why Aurier dug him out) and has had a few examples this season of not coming for balls that most keepers would.
his brick stooping has been great though

He has had a mixed season for sure, some great saves but he seems nailed to his line so often now and its cost us a few goals already this season.

I'm not saying the performance was anything other than brick, but if we take the mistakes away we won 2-0.

It's fudging crazy how often we are hurting ourselves.

I’m as biased as the next man but if you play that game 1,000 times we’re never winning it 2-0. Not in a million years.

All goals have a mistake somewhere for the defending team. You can’t analyse a game and say “well if we hadn’t made those 3 mistakes and Son takes that chance, we win 2-0.”

Goals change games and change what subsequently happens in a match.

We were by a long distance the second best team in that game. I’m not one for xG but that was scarily weighted in their favour like every other stat. It was men against boys.

If Jose is hanging his hat on analysing a game that way, we can give up.

I’m as biased as the next man but if you play that game 1,000 times we’re never winning it 2-0. Not in a million years.

All goals have a mistake somewhere for the defending team. You can’t analyse a game and say “well if we hadn’t made those 3 mistakes and Son takes that chance, we win 2-0.”

Goals change games and change what subsequently happens in a match.

We were by a long distance the second best team in that game. I’m not one for xG but that was scarily weighted in their favour like every other stat. It was men against boys.

If Jose is hanging his hat on analysing a game that way, we can give up.
Agree with all of that except we all know what Jose says to the media would be a million miles from what he actually thinks.

He would have been spitting venom.

Agree with all of that except we all know what Jose says to the media would be a million miles from what he actually thinks.

He would have been spitting venom.

Yeah I think so too. Whatever I think of Jose, he is a very, very intelligent man and will know how poor we were the other night. The question is can he fix it for tomorrow?

✅

Another milestone for Hugo tonight as he makes his 350th Spurs appearance and becomes only the 25th player in our history to reach that number.

Congratulations, skipper!

Yup, he's done. Not making the saves he used to, making more basic errors. He's also now stuck to his line causing more problems
Was just thinking this. Old Hugo would have commanded his area better. And maybe not been falling backwards for their first goal.
And why the fcuk is every clearance chipped up as high in the air as possible?

Starting to think he's done at the top level, tbh.

Can't claim a ball to save his life, and now can't save a single thing. Thanks for the memories, skipper, but I'm starting to think it's time to retire.
Oh he saves stuff
He just palms it into some poor areas
He was miles better than that

I really do think its time we started looking for another keeper, he has been great for us but he is now a shadow of what he once was.

I really do think its time we started looking for another keeper, he has been great for us but he is now a shadow of what he once was.
I like the look of Sanchez, seems proactive, a good shot stopper and commands his box reasonably well. Might be a decently priced option.

I like the look of Sanchez, seems proactive, a good shot stopper and commands his box reasonably well. Might be a decently priced option.

Agree + +
But forget it. He will be top price now.

We would have passed on Messi as he was a bit short.

His shot stopping has been very good this season up until yesterday. Hopefully just one of those days and not a sign of what's to come in the immediate future.

Looking for another keeper should definitely be on the agenda. If it's high enough on our list of priorities to make something happen in the summer I'm not so sure.

Back