• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

What was that bet ages ago on here that went a bit wrong? Bookies got involved and everything, may have had something to do with Scott Parker but I may be wrong....

What was that bet ages ago on here that went a bit wrong? Bookies got involved and everything, may have had something to do with Scott Parker but I may be wrong....

there were two that i remember

one was about tom carrol involving myself and leeds...something to do with how many games he played for tottenham first 11

the second was something to do with MLK knowing people that were able to predict or form algebraic expressions on outcomes? something like that....had something to do with actuarial sciences i think.

Actually I don't want the money (fairly worthless - tinkle it away on beer, etc.) - buy me something from the Spurs shop to the equivalent and post it down

I'll do the same in return (some local memorabilia)

That way it would attach some meaning to it

Last edited:
I'd be astounded if Friedel left in January. More chance of him signing a one year extension....

To sit on our bench? I don't see that personally, mate

At his age he needs regular action to keep his fitness - lower teams will snap him quickly

one was about tom carrol involving myself and leeds...something to do with how many games he played for tottenham first 11

the second was something to do with MLK knowing people that were able to predict or form algebraic expressions on outcomes? something like that....had something to do with actuarial sciences i think.

ahhhhhh yeah Tom Carroll, that's the one. Can't remember the details but it was an odd one...

To sit on our bench? I don't see that personally, mate

At his age he needs regular action to keep his fitness - lower teams will snap him quickly

Didn't he have money problems? Also he has a fantastic attitude, doubt he'd view it as settling to sit on the bench.

Either way, I just can't see him leaving in January.....

For me, it's not about waiting for Brad to make a mistake in a game. It's about playing the best keeper. I think Lloris SHOULD have to prove himself an AVB is/was right not to drop Brad straight away. However, I think after Hugo has played a couple of Europa games and against Carlisle I think he will have had enough time at the club to have shown what he can do in training and on the pitch, at which point AVB and Tony Parks need to get together and work out who is going to be he number 1 until Jan. And then it needs to be made clear to everyone involved.

For me, it's not about waiting for Brad to make a mistake in a game. It's about playing the best keeper. I think Lloris SHOULD have to prove himself an AVB is/was right not to drop Brad straight away. However, I think after Hugo has played a couple of Europa games and against Carlisle I think he will have had enough time at the club to have shown what he can do in training and on the pitch, at which point AVB and Tony Parks need to get together and work out who is going to be he number 1 until Jan. And then it needs to be made clear to everyone involved.

Very well put - agree with the bolded bit entirely

This is fast becoming another Keane/Defoe scenario

A bet I look like winning eh?? :)

Also a bet with Sheikh about Andy Murray and Southstand about hi investment prowess? A thread I can't seem to find!!? :)

Lesson to Leeds, don't bet with GG members!

I bet DHFS £20 quid on Carroll not joining us in the summer. He doesn't even post here much at all anymore but he's a man of his word and pm'd me to pay up. For that alone i said i didn't want the cash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_betting although a bit different to what MLK was insinuating.

I said Carroll was another in hyped academy product thy wouldn't cut it. I was right.

Lol. Not quite. You bet that he wouldn't play more than 3 times for the first team and then end up in the championship within 2 years.

There was some confusion with this i remember. It turns out that someone could lose the bet but the other party not win, depending on who was the house.

Although to be fair the essence of your bet was that he'd end up being rubbish/not good enough for the first team. So you are pretty much there

would you rather he come out all the time or if he comes out unecessarily? you know, like Gomes does.

and as far as safety game goes , i think it breeds consistency IMO.

a guy who never likd coming of his line was paul robinson...that guy was stuck there....nearly permanently when his confidence was shot to pieces

I see your point, but how many times did we conceed when Gomes came? I cant remember too many if im honest, it was more the ridiculous gaffs that Gomes made.

I think I could put together a catalogue of 10 goals we conceded in Brad's time where I believe he should have done better, 3 of them this season.

Its a weakness in a very good keepers game, im sure Lloris has a weakness also which we will see in the future, but I think he is a better all round keeepr. Though I agree with AVB handling! I agree with others when said I think Brad will leave in January if a offer comes in. This way Lloris is made number one and Brad goes with respect and graditude from everyone. there is enough games between then and now for them both to play plenty!

I see your point, but how many times did we conceed when Gomes came? I cant remember too many if im honest, it was more the ridiculous gaffs that Gomes made.

I think I could put together a catalogue of 10 goals we conceded in Brad's time where I believe he should have done better, 3 of them this season.

Its a weakness in a very good keepers game, im sure Lloris has a weakness also which we will see in the future, but I think he is a better all round keeepr. Though I agree with AVB handling! I agree with others when said I think Brad will leave in January if a offer comes in. This way Lloris is made number one and Brad goes with respect and graditude from everyone. there is enough games between then and now for them both to play plenty!

point taken my good sir. we didnt conceed that many under gomes...but i would be a hater and say that this was a team thing more than anything else

i am hopefull that this gets sported soon and amicably

Back