• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Ok he’s made a mistake he hasn’t killed anyone. Look at Marcus Alonso he has actually killed someone by his actions yet he’s still playing and no one gives a fudge now, even though they should. Lloris has apologised now he will lose his license, let’s move on.

And I do actually reckon there are some right hypocrites here who have done the same.

I saw a Tweet that I thought was quite funny, something along the lines ‘should we take the Liverpool fan view? Was he spiked? Was the breathalyser faulty? We know he is not guilty’

I feel some are being a bit Liverpool fan esque here. Yes there is a difference between driving like a maniac, or driving after not being able to stand because you’ve had 15 pints, but the point is it is not acceptable because you’re putting others in danger. And it’s about your reaction time. I’m sure you may feel fine as an individual, but it is just not on if you do it.

I’m sure he’s sorry, I’m sure he knows he’s ballsed up, and I’m sure the club will deal with it. But it’s stupid whichever way you look at it, however many drinks he had. He should be setting an example. He’s done wrong here.

Just saw this now, and I have to say that I'm shocked and disappointed. He's always seemed like a sensible person to me.

I don't think he should play for us again now, and he certainly shouldn't be captain again. For me this is a very serious crime where you put other people's safety and life in danger. People can make mistakes, and deserve a second chance, but the club also needs to take a stance and make it clear that we can't tolerate it from players or staff, even if it might be detrimental to our fortunes this season now that the window is closed.

Seriously?

I think reckless driving over the speed limit is equally bad and unacceptable, but I do feel there's a difference between drifting over the speed limit whilst being inattentive and driving like a maniac.

By that logic any players caught speeding shouldn't play football either? Should all clubs follow this? Or just Spurs?

Btw speeding ex-suprs include one Jamain Defoe, Peter Crouch, Anros Townsend, and Sebastien Bassong - but was he suspended? Yes. Yes he was. 110 in a Maserti.

I must admit I have some sympathy for people who are driving with care and attention and don't cause any accidents, who are pulled up. For example, if Bassong was driving that car which is made to go fast, on an unrestricted part of the German Autobahn, would you still ban him from playing football?

Being inattentive in a car is probably worse than speeding imo.

Last edited:
Just saw this now, and I have to say that I'm shocked and disappointed. He's always seemed like a sensible person to me.

I don't think he should play for us again now, and he certainly shouldn't be captain again. For me this is a very serious crime where you put other people's safety and life in danger. People can make mistakes, and deserve a second chance, but the club also needs to take a stance and make it clear that we can't tolerate it from players or staff, even if it might be detrimental to our fortunes this season now that the window is closed.

Nothing like an extreme reaction to being some perspective.
Saying he should not play for us again is extreme.
Saying he shouldn't be captain again is questionable.
Whether Poch will play him Monday remains to be seen. I suspect Poch will know the circumstances by now.
He has been very stupid. the degree of stupidness is yet to be ascertained.

That is not to condoning drink driving.

I saw a Tweet that I thought was quite funny, something along the lines ‘should we take the Liverpool fan view? Was he spiked? Was the breathalyser faulty? We know he is not guilty’

I feel some are being a bit Liverpool fan esque here. Yes there is a difference between driving like a maniac, or driving after not being able to stand because you’ve had 15 pints, but the point is it is not acceptable because you’re putting others in danger. And it’s about your reaction time. I’m sure you may feel fine as an individual, but it is just not on if you do it.

I’m sure he’s sorry, I’m sure he knows he’s ballsed up, and I’m sure the club will deal with it. But it’s stupid whichever way you look at it, however many drinks he had. He should be setting an example. He’s done wrong here.

But hey, Hugo's got more points than Arsenal.

Last edited:
So not withstanding the debate on whether we think the law is an important one or whether it’s a ‘bad Aids’ scenario, it is a poor error of judgement from someone holding the highest playing position at the club. It baffles me that anyone with an income level where a couple of days wages would fund a driver for a year doesn’t just remove the risk entirely. If it was jack wheelchair there’d be no ‘he may have just had a couple of glasses of wine with a meal’ so there’s no mitigating circumstances on this one - I’m sure the legal punishment will be in line with the severity of the offense (is it tiered to how far the driver was over the limit, is their driving quality at the time taken into account?) but I’d be surprised and disappointed if he doesn’t lose the captaincy over this but anything beyond that would seem extreme compared to other clubs disciplinary processes.

From a purely Spurs point of view, he’s actually ha a good start to the season and it’s going to weaken us for Man U - either by replacing him with Vorm or by the amount of abuse and attention he will be getting. I’m wondering if a Man U fan has sabotaged him...
042B72D7-076A-43BE-8868-284B5C95A20A.jpeg

Nothing like an extreme reaction to being some perspective.
Saying he should not play for us again is extreme.
Saying he shouldn't be captain again is questionable.
Whether Poch will play him Monday remains to be seen. I suspect Poch will know the circumstances by now.
He has been very stupid. the degree of stupidness is yet to be ascertained.

That is not to condoning drink driving.

I don't think Hugo will play Monday. Too unsetteling. If you believe the Sun Hugo spent last night in the clink. Doubt he would have made it into training today. Vorm to play Monday.

So not withstanding the debate on whether we think the law is an important one or whether it’s a ‘bad Aids’ scenario, it is a poor error of judgement from someone holding the highest playing position at the club. It baffles me that anyone with an income level where a couple of days wages would fund a driver for a year doesn’t just remove the risk entirely. If it was jack wheelchair there’d be no ‘he may have just had a couple of glasses of wine with a meal’ so there’s no mitigating circumstances on this one - I’m sure the legal punishment will be in line with the severity of the offense (is it tiered to how far the driver was over the limit, is their driving quality at the time taken into account?) but I’d be surprised and disappointed if he doesn’t lose the captaincy over this but anything beyond that would seem extreme compared to other clubs disciplinary processes.

From a purely Spurs point of view, he’s actually ha a good start to the season and it’s going to weaken us for Man U - either by replacing him with Vorm or by the amount of abuse and attention he will be getting. I’m wondering if a Man U fan has sabotaged him...
View attachment 4899
So in fact Jose spike Hugo's ribena to lead to Hugo getting dropped so he can exploit Vorm's weaknesses.

Silly 'debating point' highlighted. Starting a point with 'So' is generally a give-away.

You didn't mention whether the alcohol was a cause of the accident. You didn't mention whether the driver who had partaken was the cause, or even driving a/the vehicle causing the injury. No consideration of driver's driving standard or capacity to operate with drink. Hence my calling it a 'technical offence'.
Of course there are accidents where the driver's alcohol intake may not have played a part. Point is when it comes to drinking and driving, it's better not to mix the two, otherwise you are increasing the risk to other road users. So yes, it's a technical offence because you have to set a limit somewhere.

Or are you in favour of no legal limit?

I get what you’re saying, but to the same extent some here are saying he should never play for us again?! he may have only had 2 beers, we don’t know anything yet, so let’s all just find out facts before writing off his career!

Stupid man, I'm a big fan of Hugo but he's made a blunder here.

Some perspective is needed here though.
Yes Scotland has 0.05 limit like much of Europe, but the punishment for goi g over the limit in Scotland is draconian.
Over the limit by any amount is automatically a ban of a minimum of 2 years and a 20 year criminal record. So you could get the same punishment if you get a routine stop the next morning after a glass of wine and 0.06 as someone who is multiple times over the limit and causes carnage.
In other EU countries it is incremental, small fine and a month's ban if you are just over.
Rightly or wrongly it's not viewed in the same way in Europe. If Hugo was barely over the limit he maybe would not be expecting the sky to fall on his head in the way it has.

Out of interest, do you feel the same about players who are caught speeding in a car? Which is worse in your opinion, driving after 2 pints, or speeding and reckless driving without consuming alchool?
Mate, I am sure you don't mean it that way but your posts read slightly like you are an apologist for drink driving.

It's OK because it is a few glasses of wine rather than beer? Of course not except the former is generally associated with sophisticated continentals while the latter is your English Chavs

For me driving irresponsibly whether speeding or under the influence is equally bad. The actions should be condemned because the consequences are down to luck. Yeah we have all driven over the speed limit but doesn't make it right

We shouldn't be partisan about this because he is Spurs. Should Lloris be thrown under a bus-of course not. Should the club come down severely? - absolutely. It doesn't do the club's image any good and from the captain it sets a terrible example to the youth players.

Last edited:
Back