• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Some of the criticism is harsh on Lloris here. I listen to the No.1 Podcast and they look at most goalkeeping talking points from each weekend.

Here is what was said about Hugo's "error" at the weekend. This is from a ex-goalkeeper who actually knows what he's talking about.

David Preece‏Verified account @davidpreece12 Apr 7
Again with the “Lloris error”. Is it really an error? I don’t think so. Right decision to come. Right decision to try and clear. Unfortunate result. #MOTD

If you follow him on Twitter you'll see a good piece on the Chelsea "error" as well. Actually has some detailed analysis on why Morata scored and who (if anyone) made errors.
I’m a huge Lloris fan, but to say that wasn’t an error at the weekend is just crazy! If there’s a player in front of you you don’t kick it straight at them, you kick it out to the side! It was such an avoidable goal, Lloris kicks it out for a throw and he’s done a great job in anticipating the danger. His issue was what he did when he got to the ball.

Morata headed the ball in from inside the 6 yard box. Goalies are taught from a young age that the 6 yard box is their domain and they should boss it. He did the right thing coming for the ball, he just didn't get there in time which I'm afraid goes down as an error on his part.
The real problem lies with Hugo’s parents who should have provided better nutrition so he would have grown more and been able to casually pluck that cross from the sky.

There is a lot on the internet at the moment stating he is a bad keeper, one of the things that gets overlooked (IMHO) is the amount of chances that he doesn't need to save due to his bravery in decisions and starting positions. Its really hard to quantify but the reason he doesn't have as many 1-on-1s to save is because he snuffs this out before it happens.

Its one of the reasons why I want him in-between the posts even if he is not at his amazing best.

There is a lot on the internet at the moment stating he is a bad keeper, one of the things that gets overlooked (IMHO) is the amount of chances that he doesn't need to save due to his bravery in decisions and starting positions. Its really hard to quantify but the reason he doesn't have as many 1-on-1s to save is because he snuffs this out before it happens.

Its one of the reasons why I want him in-between the posts even if he is not at his amazing best.
Completely agree, it’s situations like Saturday that he’s normally great in, he just kicked it in the wrong direction this time.

Keepers make mistakes. He doesnt make that many really does he? Also, there arent many keepers better out there than Lloris. Those fools on twitter calling for him to "leave my club" are complete tacos. They want a 99 keeper from FIFA to play for their club. We aren't going to get any better than Lloris as he is probably in the top 5 maybe 10 keepers in the world.

I love Lloris, yes his kicking could get better but he has saved our lives far more than any other keeper we have had in the last 30 years.

When keepers make errors it usually leads to goals

When forwards miss chances it doesn’t....

Hence why the keepers get focussed on due to the nature of the game

Vorm is a pretty good under study.

He’s a decent number 2, but he’s not pushing Lloris for the number 1 spot. He’s happy as backup and that’s it. IMO, we could do with a young keeper who wants to become number 1 in the future, to push Lloris for his place. I don’t think Lloris has been at his best this season, overall. Still a good keeper, but imo he’s dipped a bit. Being made to prove himself number 1 might help raise his level.

Vorm is a pretty good under study.

He is a very good keeper and there are not many back up keepers better then him. Over the years i have heard a few Spurs fans bemoan the likes of Cudicini, Freidel and also Vorm because they were our num 2's but they were all capable keepers.

Back