• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Bottom line for me.
If City are the benchmark we are a long way behind them.
We had a bad game but we are being truly honest we were not even close today.

Kane will improve but he does not look right.
Eriksen was off colour
Dele will improve was not that bad imho.

We need a new midfielders.

Was about to ask if his national place was up for grabs. The french used to have a half decent black goalie but I am going back 5 years. I actually wanted us to sign him, can not remember his name.

Hope Lloris turns it around but it leaves me nervous for the semi final. Maybe we play Vorm as he has played the other cup matches.

Vorm is not the long term answer imho.

Tonight is not the time to seriously discuss the squad. We would sell the bloody lot ;)

The referee didn’t help. Absolute shocker. Turned down every appeal. Seemed to want City to win. Every time Sterling hit the floor, the referee rushed to give free kick to City. And he awarded a free kick as a penalty. That’s not to mention all the dodgy offside calls

Dont think I am bothered about losing to city they are doped anyway. Lost the last few only one thing was going to happen tonight.

I am desperate to win the cup this year, just worried we will not turn up for the semi final.

You hit the tickle my balls with a feather. We are after a good few seasons still non the wiser to if the team will turn up!

Today we were S P U R S I E - we as fans can never relax. Semi-final is/will be a lottery?

Was about to ask if his national place was up for grabs. The french used to have a half decent black goalie but I am going back 5 years. I actually wanted us to sign him, can not remember his name.

Hope Lloris turns it around but it leaves me nervous for the semi final. Maybe we play Vorm as he has played the other cup matches.
wasn't that long ago Vorm played all the league cup games but got dropped for Lloris, which at the time felt a ruthless but harsh decision. I don't think we are far off a similar big question as I feel that Lloris has a big mistake in him but given what Poch has said about him in the past I can't see it happening this season. managers always seem to stick with keepers a little longer than fans

wasn't that long ago Vorm played all the league cup games but got dropped for Lloris, which at the time felt a ruthless but harsh decision. I don't think we are far off a similar big question as I feel that Lloris has a big mistake in him but given what Poch has said about him in the past I can't see it happening this season. managers always seem to stick with keepers a little longer than fans

Yep and he seems along with Dele and Kane to be one of the ones who has brought into Poch's methods most so I think Poch will stick with him.

You hit the tickle my balls with a feather. We are after a good few seasons still non the wiser to if the team will turn up!

Today we were S P U R S I E - we as fans can never relax. Semi-final is/will be a lottery?
Only our second defeat in twenty-something games, both to top, top sides and we were that?

The Champions elect were right on their game on a day that for once we were not, that is all.

Hopefully it’s just a poor run of form (by his standards) rather than a Gomes like terminal decline, as he’s still only 31 so should still have the legs to be a top notch sweeper-keeper...

Although the contrast with Ederson, when he sprinted up to almost the halfway line to stop one of our attacks, appeared quite stark from the stands; I’ll try and watch the coverage at some point to see if I’m judging him harshly...

Hopefully it’s just a poor run of form (by his standards) rather than a Gomes like terminal decline, as he’s still only 31 so should still have the legs to be a top notch sweeper-keeper...

Although the contrast with Ederson, when he sprinted up to almost the halfway line to stop one of our attacks, appeared quite stark from the stands; I’ll try and watch the coverage at some point to see if I’m judging him harshly...

Your not

Ederson is the best keeper in the league and when he came out he must have started before the ball was passed as he was 40 yards out

Possible re-surfacing of the old weak mentali...
Sorry but if the team were not at their best then I submit we fans have to take our share of the blame. In fact maybe it's us who are really the weak-minded ones. Why were we so quiet and tense at the start? Because WE did not believe, WE did not get behind them from the off, it was US who conveyed our lack of confidence to the team.

Only when we went a goal down did we start to make a noise and even then it was nothing to what it should have been.

No wonder City made hay, they could sense the nervousness in the crowd and they took their cue from it.

Everywhere we go? Pah.

Sorry but if the team were not at their best then I submit we fans have to take our share of the blame. In fact maybe it's us who are really the weak-minded ones. Why were we so quiet and tense at the start? Because WE did not believe, WE did not get behind them from the off, it was US who conveyed our lack of confidence to the team.

Only when we went a goal down did we start to make a noise and even then it was nothing to what it should have been.

No wonder City made hay, they could sense the nervousness in the crowd and they took their cue from it.

Everywhere we go? Pah.
I guess it is due to the Easter holidays but hardly any of the regulars were in my block this evening and I was sat next to some Korean tourists who only really made some noise when Son came on.

Having said that, the atmosphere either side of halftime felt quite good (by Wembley standards anyway); although Emirates Marketing Project’s 3rd goal killed that dead and most of my block had begun their journey home by the 85th minute.

Also noticed a scuffle in the lower southwest corner soon after Emirates Marketing Project’s penalty was converted, guess it was an interloper who couldn’t stifle their joy; rather than our own fans fighting amongst themselves like Spammers!

I guess it is due to the Easter holidays but hardly any of the regulars were in my block this evening and I was sat next to some Korean tourists who only really made some noise when Son came on.

Having said that, the atmosphere either side of halftime felt quite good (by Wembley standards anyway); although Emirates Marketing Project’s 3rd goal killed that dead and most of my block had begun their journey home by the 85th minute.

Also noticed a scuffle in the lower southwest corner soon after Emirates Marketing Project’s penalty was converted, guess it was an interloper who couldn’t stifle their joy; rather than our own fans fighting amongst themselves like Spammers!
Agree about the atmosphere around HT but we'd pulled a goal back and had begun to look like we might get something out of it.

Also you may have a point about the extra tourists because tickets did go to general sale and most where I was sat seemed quieter and more tense than usual.

He is causing panic in the defence in the same way that Gomes did. He rushes out, sticks to his line and the defence don't know whether they are coming or going. Add to this his incompetent distribution. Really his kicking skills are and always have been well below par.

If we turn up and play in the first half in the past 3/4 games we can forget winning that game.

Back