• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

'Errors' plural. Not never ever making an error. I'm talking about multiple blunders in a single match, I'm talking about performances such as City away.
Banks and Clements both made errors. Clements even had one very dodgy season for us. That said, I'd agree that overall Lloris is probably more error prone than either of those two. Neither is Lloris as commanding in the air as they were.

Banks and Clements both made errors. Clements even had one very dodgy season for us. That said, I'd agree that overall Lloris is probably more error prone than either of those two. Neither is Lloris as commanding in the air as they were.

They never left their six yard box though

And for me Hugo is very commanding in the air. He rarely of ever makes a mistake there

I don't have any real concerns with his tending of goal, just his nervy distribution, he upsets the four defenders ahead of him.

I used to have concerns about his mad dashes forward to clear the ball at one point -they alternated from being an asset to being a liability too often for me to feel wholly comfortable with him blasting out of his goal as soon as the red mist descended.

But, credit to him, he's really worked hard on that aspect of his game - he does it a lot less now, and when he does pull a dash out of goal, it's nearly always well-timed. Now, his only problem is indeed his distribution - it's not great, and it leads to a lot of unnecessary turnovers in dangerous areas.

A few straight out runs have been fraught, but most are OK.

The real problems are those going out wide, where he can play no part in covering the majority of his goal for 3-5 secs should he not clear.

Risk is about chance and effect - overall I'd love to see improvement, but he is some keeper and I don't see us wanting to replace him.

A few straight out runs have been fraught, but most are OK.

The real problems are those going out wide, where he can play no part in covering the majority of his goal for 3-5 secs should he not clear.

Risk is about chance and effect - overall I'd love to see improvement, but he is some keeper and I don't see us wanting to replace him.

Oh, 100% - he's our No.1 as long as he wants provided he stays at this level. There are really only a handful of keepers better than him both in the league and across the world, and his distribution being iffy is pretty much his only flaw at this point.

Oh, 100% - he's our No.1 as long as he wants provided he stays at this level. There are really only a handful of keepers better than him both in the league and across the world, and his distribution being iffy is pretty much his only flaw at this point.

Exactly, add him being a senior member of the squad that pretty much has committed to us, all goodness.

Certainly not how I remember him playing

I stand corrected. Apparently Tommy Lawrence, "the flying pig", was the first sweeper/keeper; it was a "Shankly thing". Clemence succeeded Lawrence in the Liverpool team and according to this web site - admittedly no more an authority than this one - claims he perfected the role.

"Clemence went on to re define the art of goalkeeping. The ’sweeper keeper’ role given to Lawrence when Shankly employed the ‘Swiss bolt ‘ formation, was perfected by Clemence.
His speed off his line and constant prowling of the penalty area allowed defenders to push on and helped the reds high pressure game. "

But we digress, and the sun is shining outside. I'm only a 60 minute drive away from a Rossi's ice cream!

I stand corrected. Apparently Tommy Lawrence, "the flying pig", was the first sweeper/keeper; it was a "Shankly thing". Clemence succeeded Lawrence in the Liverpool team and according to this web site - admittedly no more an authority than this one - claims he perfected the role.

"Clemence went on to re define the art of goalkeeping. The ’sweeper keeper’ role given to Lawrence when Shankly employed the ‘Swiss bolt ‘ formation, was perfected by Clemence.
His speed off his line and constant prowling of the penalty area allowed defenders to push on and helped the reds high pressure game. "

But we digress, and the sun is shining outside. I'm only a 60 minute drive away from a Rossi's ice cream!

I remember seeing Lawrence on a number of occasions and the reason he was nicknamed " the flying pig" was the way he through himself around the goalmouth and the fact he weighed over 14 stone, i got that from a L'Pool supporter after a game when after i heard them chanting and asked why they sung that about him.

Well before my time mate so cant comment but for us it's something I certainly don't remember

Back