• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I'd like to think that there was no truth to it, but in all honesty, I'd expect a clause like that in his current contract. He's one of the best keepers in the world and could go anywhere really. That's a believable buyout clause too for a keeper.

not these days, you play 5 times for Sunderland and get an u21 cap and you are worth 20m, if there is any such clause it will be double that

Levy knows what a player is worth

Hugo Lloris ready to leave Tottenham to fulfil Champions League dream

Hugo Lloris will consider his future at the end of the season if and more likely when Tottenham Hotspur do not qualify for the Champions League. The France goalkeeper signed a five-year contract last July but he has long made it plain to the club’s chairman, Daniel Levy, that he wants to play in the Champions League.

Tottenham even took Michel Vorm from Swansea City two weeks after Lloris had re-signed in a move that was seen as a shrewd contingency on Levy’s part in the event of Lloris pushing to join a Champions League club. Vorm, 31, was Holland’s third-choice goalkeeper at the World Cup in Brazil and he cost £4.5m

Lloris is frustrated and finds his career approaching a crossroads. The 28-year-old joined from Lyon in 2012 for an initial £8m and he hoped to play with Spurs in the Champions League. It has not happened and Lloris knows there is the strong possibility that it will not do so next season either. Tottenham trail fourth-placed Emirates Marketing Project by seven points and have a hugely inferior goal difference, with five matches to play.

It is not lost on Lloris that virtually all of his France team-mates play at Champions League clubs and he is the captain of his country. Lloris played Champions League football in each of his four seasons at Lyon.

It is one thing to desire an elite club and another to get a transfer to one. The length of Lloris’s contract might not be an obstacle because Tottenham have found long-term deals have not always guaranteed they keep their players. Luka Modric agreed a six-year extension in 2010 and was a Real Madrid player after two and Gareth Bale signed for four extra years in 2012 and moved to Real the following summer.

Levy, though, is a notoriously difficult seller, routinely demanding high prices while Lloris knows the summer market for top goalkeepers is set to be complicated.

Paris Saint-Germain have shown an interest as they consider an upgrade on Salvatore Sirigu but, with the pressures of financial fair play regulations, it is unclear whether they would pay a hefty fee for a goalkeeper. PSG are also keen on Petr Cech, who is available from Chelsea and would be significantly cheaper than Lloris. Cech has a host of other suitors, including Arsenal.

Lloris’s preference would be to stay in the Premier League and the future of David de Gea at Manchester United could have an impact. De Gea is a target for Real Madrid; he has a year to run on his contract and has so far resisted United’s efforts to tie him to a new deal. If De Gea leaves, Lloris could be a contender to fill the vacancy.

Lloris will assess everything in the summer before an important season that concludes with the European Championship in France. He is not the impulsive type; he was expected to leave Lyon in the summer of 2011 only to stay for one more year while, at 28, he knows that time remains on his side. He also likes the Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino.

Lloris has not played since 21 March, when he was forced off in the 4-3 home win over Leicester City after a collision with his team-mate Kyle Walker in which he suffered a deep cut to his knee. Pochettino hopes to have him back for Saturday’s visit to Southampton.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/21/hugo-lloris-tottenham-champions-league

More than anything I want Lloris to stay, he is by in large the best goalkeeper we have had since Clemence if not Jennings, infact whilst Kane has been accredited for being our saviour without Lloris we'd have roughly 10 pts less than we already have.

Do whatever it takes to keep him, he is literally irreplaceable and losing him whilst fixing the defence could be another case of one step foward and oje step backwards, something we seen too many times over the past 9 years.

They haven't really said much that hasn't really been speculated on since Christmas. The difference this time is that he's gone from being content at WHL and believing in what we are doing to frustrated at a lack of Champions League football.

the defining action for me will be Madrid going after De Gea, that kicks the market into gear and right now he'll be second on the list to the Spaniard

Don't see any quotes. . . . . Moving on.

What transfer story ever has quotes from the player?
Only an idiot would pipe up and say something.

Hytner brought the Story to his editor because Lloris's agent contacted him. The Guardian wouldn't bother their arses printing this otherwise.

Hytner brought the Story to his editor because Lloris's agent contacted him. The Guardian wouldn't bother their arses printing this otherwise.

Every transfer story that has some substance has a quote from someone, be it the player himself, the selling/buying club, his agent , another player , his brother or whatever . Idiotic thing to say. It may be true but before I see a quote , I don't believe it .

And also, there is no chance in hell he has a 20 mill buyout clause. Levy wouldnever allow it. And if there were, Lloris would have been sold a long time ago .

You really think the Guardian is above making up a story based on more vague speculation than a direct agent contact?

Even if the source of this was his agent it seems a lot more "want to keep my options open" than "I want to leave". Doesn't come across as desperate to leave if this did in fact originate from his agent.

Like the article says the summer market for goalkeepers won't be the easiest. If anything happens the De Gea to Real, United targeting Lloris seems the most plausible. But that's still a lot of ifs and maybes and they would still have to agree a fee with Levy...

they would still have to agree a fee with Levy...

Or maybe just maybe levy could refuse to sell our best player who has 4 years left and actually try and push on on the field for once! Wishful thinking I know

You'd have to think it would need to be a good offer to tempt Lloris away. For a Frenchman living on millions London, and the ability to easily jump onto a train to Paris, must be a pretty decent place to live. I can't remember why but for some reason I was compelled to look at his wife's twitter account (!) and there was tweet after tweet about loving life in London. You would think for his family London would be a pretty perfect place to live. Hugo spent years living in Lyon after all, a charming town which he swapped for London. Surely there are players out there who attach importance to such things.

This got me wondering. With Man Utd's decline and without there any longer being the carrot of working under Whiskey Nose, will the appeal of a transfer to Old Trafford dimish? I certainly think that will be the case for Liverpool. Maybe not for south American players etc who want to make the move to Europe, but for Europeans like Lloris, surely the day to day life aspect - particularly with him being French and London's proximity to Paris - must make us a very attractive option.

If Lloris does move, I'd be so bold as to wager it'll be to another team in a great city, not some dump like Manchester or Liverpool. Imagine being a player and being shown round Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland :D

I know some players, especially the younger ones, only ever see the inside of a club so its irrelevant for them; but I just have a hunch that that may not be the case for Lloris. I'm probably totally wrong and he'll have signed for Man Utd on the first day of the window.

It would be a decisive criteria for me - as is it is currently when deciding on what job to take: the day to day living in Vienna, Munich and (soon to be) Amsterdam improves quality and enjoyment of my life in comparison to time spent in places like Philadelphia, Hannover and Linz.

the defining action for me will be Madrid going after De Gea, that kicks the market into gear and right now he'll be second on the list to the Spaniard

Lloris doesn't have good enough distribution to be a keeper for Real or Barca. Bayern is the only club I can eventually see us losing him too.

I've read his family (wife especially) absolutely love living here. Remember London is now something like the 6th biggest French city by population due to the enormous ex-pat population.

Back