• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

The whole artificial bubble that Real Madrid exist in kills football. I'm confident that the FFP sanctions will never be imposed on Real Madrid...why? Because they're one of the untouchables. Real Madrid appear to continue to throw money at players with little regard as to the economic business of the club.

All thanks to EU taxpayers and Spain's Bankia group.

If we were to sell to Madrid, I'd want Diego Lopez in return. He's a decent keeper and might not be as against joining us as others.

Top 5 is stretching it.. maybe top 10

i don't think "he's without doubt" top 5. but i would put him in that group myself. i think he might even be the best tbh. going through some of the other names, i'm just not convinced they are better... cech, buffon, hart, casillas, neuer

i don't think "he's without doubt" top 5. but i would put him in that group myself. i think he might even be the best tbh. going through some of the other names, i'm just not convinced they are better... cech, buffon, hart, casillas, neuer

Exactly, for me he's easily top 5. I genuinely can't think of anyone I would trade him with for Spurs. Maybe at a push Chelsea's keeper who was on loan at Atletico....

Exactly, for me he's easily top 5. I genuinely can't think of anyone I would trade him with for Spurs. Maybe at a push Chelsea's keeper who was on loan at Atletico....

thats exactly what i was thinking too.

casillas - when you think about it, what is he actually good at? nothing imo. and in addition, he looks very questionable when balls are being flung into his box. he doesnt command his area very well at all.
buffon - is getting old now. and in the few games ive manged to see him on tv; confeds cup last and champions league last year, he's managed to make a few clangers that have cost the team.
cech - very good keeper, but has he really been better than lloris in the past 2 seasons? not for me.
de gea - shouldn't even be in this discussion. totally overrated because united fans are praying that he is good. he is not.
hart - very good keeper. has been dropped earlier this year due to drop in form. perhaps he is better than lloris. depends who you ask.
neuer - everyone seems to say he is amazing. i've probably seen around 15 on tv. has looked ok at times. but has never really commanded his box or looked totally convincing for me (i think he has a clanger in him too).
victor valdes - if reina had stayed at barcelona, instead of leaving for first team football at villareal as a teenager, valdes would be playing for a midtable la liga side right now.

I'd say Ter Stegen and Courtois are definitely better than him. Id say de Gea is too.

I'd say Ter Stegen and Courtois are definitely better than him. Id say de Gea is too.

Not seen Ter Stegen, de Gea is very good but think Lloris is better and Lloris was in several Premier League teams of the year I have seen from various media (not sure who was in the official one). But we'd be splitting hairs anyway, there really aren't 5 better keepers for me....

Not seen Ter Stegen, de Gea is very good but think Lloris is better and Lloris was in several Premier League teams of the year I have seen from various media (not sure who was in the official one). But we'd be splitting hairs anyway, there really aren't 5 better keepers for me....

I believe it was Cech in the official one. The only reason I'd put de Gea is that his distribution is ridiculously good and that is very important for me.

I believe it was Cech in the official one. The only reason I'd put de Gea is that his distribution is ridiculously good and that is very important for me.

Fair play, he's a very good shot stopper too but Id say Lloris is a marginally better one and that for me is the main thing I look for (general commanding of the box second). I know Lloris' kicking can be dodgy, but I like the fact he is so calm when the ball is played back to him even under pressure he can pick out a chipped pass or something, his ball skills is excellent for a keeper....

Fair play, he's a very good shot stopper too but Id say Lloris is a marginally better one and that for me is the main thing I look for (general commanding of the box second). I know Lloris' kicking can be dodgy, but I like the fact he is so calm when the ball is played back to him even under pressure he can pick out a chipped pass or something, his ball skills is excellent for a keeper....

I always wince when the ball goes back to Lloris to be fair.

You REALLY need to think some more. Or less.

i accept my comment's were a bit extreme. but compared to those other listed goalies, what are casillas' strengths? i would say he's the weakest in many categories. ie. i would even go to suggest that he shouldn't be on that list.

i accept my comment's were a bit extreme. but compared to those other listed goalies, what are casillas' strengths? i would say he's the weakest in many categories. ie. i would even go to suggest that he shouldn't be on that list.

Distribution, Vocally he is very good, unbelievable reflexes, one on one I don't expect him to be beaten easily, his leadership is second to none, his decision making and bravery is usually very good which is why I was so surprised at his decision to come for the ball in the CL final. Then again we've seen Lloris make those mistakes too, just as costly too

Think people forget how good Casillas is.

[video=youtube;t4OmKm3YPg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4OmKm3YPg4[/video]

That save at 2:36 is one of my favourites of all time.. along with Coupet of course.

[video=youtube;TTMNqh_eGcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMNqh_eGcU[/video]

Just forgot how good he really was. I have never seen anyone reach his level when he was at his best.

Just forgot how good he really was. I have never seen anyone reach his level when he was at his best.

Isn't that the key though? When he was at his best... Been a while since he was. And when talking about the best in the world usually it's present tense, not how good various players were when at their best.

Isn't that the key though? When he was at his best... Been a while since he was. And when talking about the best in the world usually it's present tense, not how good various players were when at their best.

Just because he isn't as good as he once was doesn't mean he isn't still one of the best. Messi is no where near as good as he was last year as he has been previously but youd still get people somehow arguing that hes the best in the world. Casillas is better than Lloris.

Just because he isn't as good as he once was doesn't mean he isn't still one of the best. Messi is no where near as good as he was last year as he has been previously but youd still get people somehow arguing that hes the best in the world. Casillas is better than Lloris.

It doesn't mean that he's not still one of the best. But similarly your point that he was once outstanding doesn't mean that he's still one of the best.

Why do you think Casillas hasn't been used in the league this season? Is Diego Lopez about as good, and thus also better than Lloris?

It doesn't mean that he's not still one of the best. But similarly your point that he was once outstanding doesn't mean that he's still one of the best.

Why do you think Casillas hasn't been used in the league this season? Is Diego Lopez about as good, and thus also better than Lloris?

No idea, I don't pick the team. Mourinho had some divine hate for him and decided to play Lopez. I imagine Lopez's superb form kept him in the side. Diego Lopez also has better distribution than Lloris, then again that's not very hard. I think Lopez is a damn good keeper by the way.

Distribution, Vocally he is very good, unbelievable reflexes, one on one I don't expect him to be beaten easily, his leadership is second to none, his decision making and bravery is usually very good which is why I was so surprised at his decision to come for the ball in the CL final. Then again we've seen Lloris make those mistakes too, just as costly too

i agree that he is very good at all those facets of goalkeeping. but, i don't think he's any better at those things than the other top gk's.

i think its perhaps his off-the-pitch attributes that have made spain and real madrid stick with him for so long. and that could be a very important part of his value as a footballer.

Back