• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Lloris is very good keeper.........no obvious weakness.

He is good in many ways but his obvious weakness is rushing out when he won't get to the ball first.

Also I'd say he's a touch weak but that seems to be pretty common nowadays with De Gea and other thin goalkeepers. You don't get many brick shi.thouses any more like Southall or Schmeichel

Pretty much. I also don't think we have any stand out players other than Vertonghen (who i think will leave). I'd also be sad about Dawson leaving for sentimental reasons but everyone else i wouldn't really be especially bothered.

Not even Sandro, or Walker? I can't envisage us finding better in either of those positions. I guess we have a lot of young players with an abundance of talent, but not many established stars....

He is good in many ways but his obvious weakness is rushing out when he won't get to the ball first.

Also I'd say he's a touch weak but that seems to be pretty common nowadays with De Gea and other thin goalkeepers. You don't get many brick shi.thouses any more like Southall or Schmeichel

I don't think that's his weakness at all, his speed off his line is one of his strengths. Sure it hasn't come off everytime but most of the time it has.

His kicking is a different matter.....

Not sure whether this has been picked up on elsewhere (from BBC gossip column):

Unless we get CL or attract a big name manager/head coach I think it is likely Hugo (and a few others) will leave this summer. Then we can spend that money on loads more players who will take time to gel and we can have ANOTHER transitional season.

I like him, but I think he's not quite as good as his reputation, the money we'd get out of PSG for him would more than cover an equally gifted replacement.

Not sure whether this has been picked up on elsewhere (from BBC gossip column):

PSG, eh? Too much money to spare. £100 million and Lloris is yours.
We'll spend the money on three new goalkeepers and four central midfielders, of course.

PSG, eh? Too much money to spare. £100 million and Lloris is yours.
We'll spend the money on three new goalkeepers and four central midfielders, of course.

We have Friedel and Archer, that's more than enough. Seven new central midfielders, then we can start talking.

sell Lloris for 20 mill, buy Begovic for 10 mill....
Levy+Money.gif

I'm agreeing with those saying that Lloris wouldn't be our worst loss, we would get very decent money for the guy, and there are plenty cheaper and decent options around.
Tbh Lloris hasn't wowed me as much as I hoped, the save against City was brilliant, alot of his sweeper play has been splendid, but his distribution has been absolutely horrific and his decision making is at times very dodgy.
Thrilled if there's nothing to it though, but somebody needs to un-Chaplin his shoes.

Wow this guy is probably yhe best keeper we have had for decades, and no-one bats an eyelid to selling him to psg. Guys we will never be able to attract a gk of lloris quality again without regular champions league i for one hope Levy busts a gut to keep hugo here, the guy is absolute quality.

Dont get me wrong brgovic is good but he isnt in the same league in terms of quality as hugo. We would sorely miss him- theres no guarantee that begivuc wiuld even be interested in coming to spurs.

Back