• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Wow this guy is probably yhe best keeper we have had for decades, and no-one bats an eyelid to selling him to psg. Guys we will never be able to attract a gk of lloris quality again without regular champions league i for one hope Levy busts a gut to keep hugo here, the guy is absolute quality.

Second.

As the saying goes, you build a team from the back upwards and in Hugo I can't see a better building block to have between the sticks.

Hugo is by far one of the most draw signings I've seen us made, I was stunned that we had signed him and would rate it up there with Klinnsman and VdV.
If he were to go this summer I'd be very surprised if we managed a like for like signing. We should fight tooth and nail to keep him here.

sell Lloris for 20 mill, buy Begovic for 10 mill....
Levy+Money.gif

:ross:

Just buy Begovic anyway and loan him back, in true Chelsea fashion. New number two or number one down the line

1) What happened last time we tried to sign him, I don't recall any of this.
2) Superfaisty: No-one bats an eye lid because the guy has already started muttering about not playing in the UCL. The realists on here understand that at this stage it would take a lot for us to keep hold of a player of his calibre, especially with PSG coming in to throw money at him. We all see the situation and know we have a poor hand, so why not have a contingency in place?? I'd much prefer to keep Hugo, but we will see our best players leave if we don't achieve what they want.

Cochise I know what you are saying and yes it is inevitable that if we don't achieve CL some of our better players will seek an exit or a least start murmuring about one. i'm just sick of selling our best players - if we are really are wanting to get into the CL then we can't keep selling our better players. It's all about ambition and long term planning.

If we are happy to take the dollars instead then why bother trying for the ultimate prize? we should just content ourselves with being a fringe club that is never going to break into the top four, but should be aiming for regular Europa league action, and is happy to be a stepping stone for up and coming talent looking to move to one of the top 4 or bigger european clubs, happy to turn a profit. To be honest there isn't anything wrong with that model if we are open and honest about it - except of course none o the fans would accept this.

sorry i'm being facetious but I'm hoping Levy has some balls but know his bottom line is usually dollars over anything long term - he loves a deal.

Don't think you're being facetious at all, we both know the problem here and whilst we both want to see the club do something about it, it's likely they won't. For me the stadium can't come quick enough, because the only thing that might help us is being able to increase the club wage cap due to extra gate revenues and stadium naming rights. Levy should've emptied his pockets a couple of years back when CL looked assured, pulling out all the stops to sign someone like Aguero instead of Saha and Nelsen.

I don't think that's fair to Levy, on pitch success is a potential by product of him doing his job properly, not the validation of it.

**** off, Giroud.

However, Giroud said: "We go out together and talk about everything.

"We talk about life and sometimes the French team a bit and our wish to have a great experience together at the World Cup.

"Have I asked him to join Arsenal? Yes, I have with Lolo (Laurent Koscielny). He would have liked to, he would quite like to. You will have to ask him the question."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...eeper-hugo-lloris-would-be-welcome-at-arsenal

Mouthy ****. If this is the case, then it really does show the lack of understanding some of our players have about local rivalries.

Makes me laugh the fact he simply is dissing the Polish wan€er they got. What a great locker room they must have!

Probably does want to go there, but he was a bit stupid to come here in that case. I'm assuming he's still got 2 or 3 years left on his contract and levy will let him know that moves not an option.

we will never sell to arsenal

a complete non story.....and if we did it would be for 40 million

only thing that could happen is we sell him for 15 to 20 million to one club and they go on to sell him to arsenal...is levy that dumb? stil dont think do

lloris wants to leave and he probably will try to engineer a move...its his right and so he should...its HIS career...not ours and not levy's ...but we sure as **** will be getting top billing for him and if we dont want to sell then we wont

Seems like every week a different arsenal player has something to say about our club or one of our players. Funny enough I can't recall a single incident of one of our players doing the same.

No class.

Actually I don't really care that Lloris thinks Arsenal are a better club to be at if you want CL football. They are to be fair, nor do I mind that much him saying this sort of **** to his mates in private. Yes I would prefer he hates Arsenal, but what sort of mate would hang you out to dry like that? If I was Lloris I would smack Giroud upside the head the next time I saw him for stirring **** like that.

We'll never sell to them so he can forget about it anyway.

Wow, WTF does szczesny make of these comments I wonder? I can't believe Giroud would basically completely diss their current keeper by coming out with these comments?? Such classy behaviour... sounds like great team spirit at the Scum.

Actually I don't really care that Lloris thinks Arsenal are a better club to be at if you want CL football. They are to be fair, nor do I mind that much him saying this sort of **** to his mates in private. Yes I would prefer he hates Arsenal, but what sort of mate would hang you out to dry like that? If I was Lloris I would smack Giroud upside the head the next time I saw him for stirring **** like that.

We'll never sell to them so he can forget about it anyway.

Absolutely. To put a mate (two actually) of yours in that sort of position, what a douche.

To be fair if Lloris goes there to win stuff, it certainly won't be with Giroud. The guy isn't as good as he thinks. If they had a world class striker there then they would have run off with the title, but Giroud has held them back with some poor misses. On a side note, I do recall Kaboul talking about Diaby a couple of years back saying how the guy would be happy at Spurs as they are best mates.

Seems like every week a different arsenal player has something to say about our club or one of our players. Funny enough I can't recall a single incident of one of our players doing the same.No class.

Every year we are ahead of them in the league a couple of our players mouth off about it, only to have egg on their face come the end of the season....

Absolutely. To put a mate (two actually) of yours in that sort of position, what a douche.

That and the fact Sneezy can't be too happy having one of his team mates attempting to replace him via the media makes me think this quote will have done more harm than good!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/lloris-laughs-off-link-110214/

Hugo Lloris has laughed off the suggestion from his French teammate Oliver Giroud that he would be open to the possibility of joining Arsenal.

Media reports on the subject emerged this morning after the Arsenal striker appeared on French TV, with Hugo quick to dismiss the perhaps light-hearted invitation from his national team colleague.

"Yes I heard about that," smiled the goalkeeper. "I think maybe some words were twisted, but it is embarrassing. I don't think that, I'm very focused on Spurs' ambition and I am very pleased to play for Spurs.

"I have too much respect for the Club and the Spurs fans to think that kind of thing. Of course I know him very well because we are teammates in the national team - the same with Laurent Koscielny - but I am a Spurs player and I'm very proud to play here."

Back