• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How to beat hunger?

Paperclip is right, eat like a king for breakfast, prince for lunch and pauper for dinner. Something like that.

You are describing symptoms of oxygen and alkaline mineral deficiency IMO, at a guess due to your high metabolic training building up large amounts of acids in the muscle tissues as oxygen insufficiency hits, coupled with a diet releasing alot of stored fats as carbonic acid. You must be stinking of ammonia quite alot I guess at the end of training? That is your body releasing large amounts of an alkaline form of ammonia to buffer your body, like you smell at gyms alot from folks cutting (catabolic/ketosis) or have overdone it generally.

Green smoothies are your friend (quite filling, great to aid a light diner, which sets you up to sleep well and repair). Hot and Cold showers are your friend (ending on cold). Lots of clean/mineral water (I try to rotate between a glass of water and one with lemon/VitC/honey/cayenne/mag/sodium/calcium, the cayenne and honey only when I have it hot). The VitC is excellent for keeping things moving, but makes the need for alkaline minerals even higher.

IMO etc of course snipers.

Gifter

I have heard that saying the whole eat breakfast like a king. I dont buy that in term sof hunger anyways - I see the logic but not the practicalities.

Most people nowadays have a quick two min breakfast more often than not due to time. Most importantly though - say you do have a breakfast like a king - you might not be hungry for lunch, you skip it, and then by dinner you may be so famished that youll just stuff your face again.

I tend to skip meals and get so hungry I just stuff my face. Been learning to have breakfast and lunch and dinner now in regular intervals etc.

Well the diet went out the window today as we had a dinner date in london with some friends and i ate like a pig. Guess i cant eat for days now.

Also went to the theatre afterwards and jesus fudging christ what an awful play it was, had helen mirren in and she played the queen meeting different prime minsiters, damn seats are not wide enough for someone with long legs and i think it has set my back back again. So fudged off that i got a hot chocolate and chocolate twirl at costa coffee at victoria. Not a good day all said and done.

Theatre seats really were not made for people with bad backs.

Gifter

I have heard that saying the whole eat breakfast like a king. I dont buy that in term sof hunger anyways - I see the logic but not the practicalities.

Most people nowadays have a quick two min breakfast more often than not due to time. Most importantly though - say you do have a breakfast like a king - you might not be hungry for lunch, you skip it, and then by dinner you may be so famished that youll just stuff your face again.

I tend to skip meals and get so hungry I just stuff my face. Been learning to have breakfast and lunch and dinner now in regular intervals etc.

I agree, it is hard to eat a lot for breakfast, I usually allow 10minutes max for breakfast which is silly (sometimes 5minutes), but also think eating a late break-fast is not so bad in certain conditions. Agree the set times thing is a very good idea and not missing meals is very important.

The premise I've read which makes sense is to drink a glass of water first thing, to wash away excess acids (plus food residues etc), then 15minutes (or more) later to then have breakfast (but never get up early enough to do this, except the weekend). In terms of 'Eat like a king' I see it as eating well rather than big per se, I have raw milk with either chia seed (to get a good balance of omega 3 to 6), or if not feeling like soaking the chia seeds the night before I have a gluten free muesli and a good swig of flax oil. Then at lunch I allow myself to eat big if I want, but always try to keep dinner light, or if not light then early. When you eat large meals (especially protein rich) it drains your bodies oxygen supplies whilst the food is digested (hence feeling like a snooze after a large meal), it is very important IMO that you have almost fully digested before sleep as it will otherwise interfere with the bodies repair during sleep, you will be more prone to waking with aches etc (I certainly am).

I've said before, for Chich, I think that adding daily amounts of Cayenne Pepper is important for increasing thermogenesis, hence you can maintain a higher calorific intake and still loose weight. Plus it seems to be a big help in reducing hunger (especially in a drink with a lemon and a small amount of honey/agave/maple syrup AKA the master cleanse), but mainly for me I seem to crave bad ood less when I maintain good omega3 intake so I am fairly sure a lot of folks cravings are their bodies cravings for Omega3 and we confuse that for general food craving IMO etc. Apparently the lemon/cayenne mix does not cause hunger pangs as long as no solids are present (so if some of the lemons solids/pith are in the drink it will cause the stomach to start releasing acids which in turn may cause the hunger feelings).

The King-Prince-Pauper thing I see as largely concerned with Protein and Fats, which may release their energy very quickly, which is why I would avoid pork and some shellfish altogether (also because of purine content as mentioned already that I believe Chich's body is already probably dealing with a lot of waste whilst he trains hard AND looses weight), well being vegi I would anyway, but if I did eat meat, especially having a history of Gout in my family.

I wouldn't have the isotonic drinks from Gym vending machines etc (after all a lemon/cayenne/honey/minerals drink is a clean homemade version without the processed sugars), but would definitely have something extra if I was on such a high intensity training schedule, something like this would be what I would have - http://www.algaecal.com/algaecal-clinical-study.html (the AlgeaCal Plus Calcium) coupled with some homebrew I would make for whilst training, or I would get to know the roles D3, K2 (MK4 and MK7 especially), A, B, C, E all have and be sure my diet had plenty (D3 will take care of itself in the summer if you are out biking a lot of course) along with the increased alkaline minerals and if possible some oxygen adjunct (Vitamin F is of course Omega 3/6 and has been done to death so hopefully we are conscious of the role HDL/LDL have and how they are reliant on Vit D3 & K2 etc).

Each to their own though, I'm my own guinea-pig and feel pretty good/confident being so.

/End Waffle

Last edited:
Well the diet went out the window today as we had a dinner date in london with some friends and i ate like a pig. Guess i cant eat for days now.

Also went to the theatre afterwards and jesus fudging christ what an awful play it was, had helen mirren in and she played the queen meeting different prime minsiters, damn seats are not wide enough for someone with long legs and i think it has set my back back again. So fudged off that i got a hot chocolate and chocolate twirl at costa coffee at victoria. Not a good day all said and done.

Theatre seats really were not made for people with bad backs.

You should try to let go of that reaction, if you can, it will likely make you eat more going forward (if I think like that, then the following day I am much more likely to again eat poorly, as I think 'well I did yesterday, I'll get back on it tomorrow'... or try to eat to little to make up for it, like DHSF says, and end up starving later again and really pig out the following night creating a mini habit). I try to consciously now immediately forgive myself for eating poor food choices, so allow it to minimise my habit disruption (in terms of doing the good things), by telling myself I am forgiven but back in the groove of my diet, improving it moving forward not degrading it.

Few lunches of lean chicken, sweet potatoes and veg/salad and you will be right back on track...

And/Or, a few Epsom Salts Baths (can't believe you aren't doing that, to be honest) - here is 10KG on Ebay for £16 (that's enough for 10 baths £1.60 per bath, for what is heaven for your muscles and body after training, plus it aids weightloss, posh spice uses/used it and she is the queen of too skinny!);

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10Kg-EPSO...9?pt=UK_Health_Massage_RL&hash=item27c77a7a61

I'd be having 4/5 baths a week if in your situation. Just bought myself 10kg actually as we've got enough for 1 bath left, so thanks for reminding me!

I have cut out bread at the minute and using iceberg lettuce as a substitute in sandwiches, wraps are a decent replacement too. I find bread the root of all evils. Not buying bread has had an amazing reaction to my whole well being.

I like toast, and can easily eat 4 slice for breakfast, with that is the anchor butter... soon adds up.

Now I have a container in the fridge which holds cold grilled bacon and mashed boiled eggs, (I boil the egg the night before) and have it in lettuce when I am peckish in the morning for breakfast. You can buy cooked bacon at the deli in most supermarkets.

I also use those little gem lettuce, they hold I nice quantity of fillings on them too. A bit canapé like.

I feel like I am eating better, and fresher but not feeling stodged out with bread and the butter.

I have cut out bread at the minute and using iceberg lettuce as a substitute in sandwiches, wraps are a decent replacement too. I find bread the root of all evils. Not buying bread has had an amazing reaction to my whole well being.

I like toast, and can easily eat 4 slice for breakfast, with that is the anchor butter... soon adds up.

Now I have a container in the fridge which holds cold grilled bacon and mashed boiled eggs, (I boil the egg the night before) and have it in lettuce when I am peckish in the morning for breakfast. You can buy cooked bacon at the deli in most supermarkets.

I also use those little gem lettuce, they hold I nice quantity of fillings on them too. A bit canapé like.

I feel like I am eating better, and fresher but not feeling stodged out with bread and the butter.

Bread is a fudger as I love that brick. Like you though I havent brought bread which means its not at home therefore I dont eat it. Buying lunch is a struggle although I buy wraps more than anything - it still have plenty of carbs though

I do miss toast though

Wraps are a bread and usually higher in fat than a standard loaf. They do have the advantage of being a good container for lots of salad stuff which tends to fall out of a standard sandwich, so the balance of food types in a wrap can be better.

We often eat too much because we are hungry when we start to eat and we eat fast. There is a lag before we feel satiated so we eat more than we need. A sit down meal with friends and family where you eat slowly and talk, perhaps with a glass of wine, can help us eat the right amount.

Another trick is to have a hot drink like a black coffee or a black/green tea a couple of hours before meal time. It fills the stomach and the caffeine is an appetite suppressant. That way you are not as hungry when you start eating and eat slower and less. It's a balance though, leave too long between the drink and the meal and it can make you feel hungrier.

Wraps are a bread and usually higher in fat than a standard loaf. They do have the advantage of being a good container for lots of salad stuff which tends to fall out of a standard sandwich, so the balance of food types in a wrap can be better.

We often eat too much because we are hungry when we start to eat and we eat fast. There is a lag before we feel satiated so we eat more than we need. A sit down meal with friends and family where you eat slowly and talk, perhaps with a glass of wine, can help us eat the right amount.

Another trick is to have a hot drink like a black coffee or a black/green tea a couple of hours before meal time. It fills the stomach and the caffeine is an appetite suppressant. That way you are not as hungry when you start eating and eat slower and less. It's a balance though, leave too long between the drink and the meal and it can make you feel hungrier.

Yeah wrap is bread I agree but like you say they tend to have much much healthier fillings in. I tend to get a wrap from pret - much healthier. Im not doing Atkins - did that and was a moody fudgein prick - no way. Just eating healthier now and gym (just went gym - I hate the guys who do weights in front of a mirror)

I still think people have to watch out for not eating enough. Peoples mindset tends to sway to not eating enough in their objective to lose weight. I also did that. Lost five stone at the start ages and ages ago but now I wouldnt lose any weight through a 1k calorie a day diet. I raised it to 2k a day diet and now losing weight

Yeah wrap is bread I agree but like you say they tend to have much much healthier fillings in. I tend to get a wrap from pret - much healthier. Im not doing Atkins - did that and was a moody fudgein prick - no way. Just eating healthier now and gym (just went gym - I hate the guys who do weights in front of a mirror)

I still think people have to watch out for not eating enough. Peoples mindset tends to sway to not eating enough in their objective to lose weight. I also did that. Lost five stone at the start ages and ages ago but now I wouldnt lose any weight through a 1k calorie a day diet. I raised it to 2k a day diet and now losing weight

How do you not do weights in front of a mirror? You need to see yourself to check your form and range of motion. It actually quite annoys me that the squat racks and seated shoulder press doesn't have a mirror in front of them at my gym.

How do you not do weights in front of a mirror? You need to see yourself to check your form and range of motion. It actually quite annoys me that the squat racks and seated shoulder press doesn't have a mirror in front of them at my gym.

I use machines. I guess im not as advanced as you or the other jokers.

I cant even use machines. I always injur myself doing weights. Got a Personal Trainer next week to sort out a programme.

What's wrong with you lot?

There are 3 rules to eating less:

Smoke
Switch from beer to Jack & Diet Coke
Drink another espresso

Eat a burger already, it's good for you.

7+%5BDesktop+Resolution%5D.jpg

Eat bacon - Possibly die early

Don't eat bacon - Lead a dreary, long, unsatisfactory existence and eventually die, with a feeling of wistfulness

I know which side I'm on.

Christ on a bike, I'd rather die early eating meat than living longer by going veggie. No chance - a meal has to have a dead animal or it's not a meal.

On the weight thing - I've lost just under 3 stone since October. Basically, I've cut out carbs and junk food. Eat a good breakfast, light lunch and good dinner and it's worked for me. Allow myself to eat what I like on weekends too (including carbs). Takes discipline but you get used to it.

I know Leedspur was an advocate of this diet but is anyone else - the 5:2 diet?

Ive been going training with my Personal Trainer and have lost weight - 4kgs in last month but I want to accelerate that into maybe a stone a month or maybe 5kgs a month.

So ive been thinking of the 5:2 diet - anyone else tried it? been successful? Know anyone who has tried it? and succeded etc?

Its a bit fo a fad but trying it for a week wont harm I doubt it.

Back