• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How to beat hunger?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Obviously this question i not directed at Gordinho or DHSF.

Im trying very hard to get my weight down, not fat but im going all out to be super skinny for the summer. The last week i have been suffering with a bad back. My diet is fine and i know what im doing but im just so hungry i could kill now for some food but i wont eat till 6am so i have 6 and half hours. Do not think i will last.

How do other people control hunger pains?

im desperate to get down to 10 stone 8 from 13 stone 2, the hard part is keeping the muscle but losing the pounds, no idea how the pro cyclists manage it

Obviously this question i not directed at Gordinho or DHSF.

Im trying very hard to get my weight down, not fat but im going all out to be super skinny for the summer. The last week i have been suffering with a bad back. My diet is fine and i know what im doing but im just so hungry i could kill now for some food but i wont eat till 6am so i have 6 and half hours. Do not think i will last.

How do other people control hunger pains?

haha ****

Im on my diet joined a gym and everything.

I am always hungry then again i think im actually eating too little - lots of salad not enough of other stuff.

I suppose the whole eating every three hours should be done and seems good advice. obviously not six massive meals but three main mels and say three snacks

At 13 stone you shouldn't be hungry at all if you're eating healthy. You can easily be up around 2000cals/day and still lose weight.

Avoid empty calories like coke and sweets which don't fill you up and you should be fine.

Stop drinking alcohol.

Eat big at brekkie, medium lunch and light dinner (yes, I know there is a saying in regards that :-k)

Thats quite a step down. how tall are you? Also not good to loose weight in a short space of time

im 6 foot weirdly i used to be 6 foot 1 so i have shrunk??? in the last 2 years, which is a bit odd. Really need to be as light as possible for the summer because i want to finish in the top 5 of the guys cycling in the alps. My back is better but i have lost a week of training which i think is a big set back.

You posted that at 23.23 - surely not long till you nod off to sleep? All you need is a bit of willpower there so that you don't eat anything before you go to bed, then it will become a routine and your body will get used to that feeling.

Tyler Hamilton reckoned in his book he developed an eating disorder at his peak.
Tbh Cycling at the level youre trying to do is bad for your health.

"The truth is that long-distance road racers only feel healthy when they are on their bikes: the rest of the time they feel horribly out of shape. They are achy, wheezy, bent up; they walk like old men; they sit when other people are standing, and they lie down when other people are sitting. When Hamilton was at the height of his cycling powers, he infuriated his wife by being unable even to take a short walk with her to the shops: he never felt fit enough."

Tyler Hamilton reckoned in his book he developed an eating disorder at his peak.
Tbh Cycling at the level youre trying to do is bad for your health.

"The truth is that long-distance road racers only feel healthy when they are on their bikes: the rest of the time they feel horribly out of shape. They are achy, wheezy, bent up; they walk like old men; they sit when other people are standing, and they lie down when other people are sitting. When Hamilton was at the height of his cycling powers, he infuriated his wife by being unable even to take a short walk with her to the shops: he never felt fit enough."

yep pretty much sounds like what i have been like ever since we booked this trip

Weird thing is it is quite competitive now between all of us so i dont want to cheat or anything but the is a part of me that would go back on my own and take some epo and then race myself against the clock just to see how fast the body can go, of course it would be a cheat because your using epo.

Let me say again how much i hate cheating and anyone doing it should be banned from the sport for life, but the is an interesting side to it like how when i first got the jag i was always putting my foot down to see what it could do. Is interesting to see how much your body can do and what sort of pain you can put it through. Sometimes when i get off the bike my legs are shaking for 10-15 minutes because i have gone so hard.

Paperclip is right, eat like a king for breakfast, prince for lunch and pauper for dinner. Something like that.

You are describing symptoms of oxygen and alkaline mineral deficiency IMO, at a guess due to your high metabolic training building up large amounts of acids in the muscle tissues as oxygen insufficiency hits, coupled with a diet releasing alot of stored fats as carbonic acid. You must be stinking of ammonia quite alot I guess at the end of training? That is your body releasing large amounts of an alkaline form of ammonia to buffer your body, like you smell at gyms alot from folks cutting (catabolic/ketosis) or have overdone it generally.

Green smoothies are your friend (quite filling, great to aid a light diner, which sets you up to sleep well and repair). Hot and Cold showers are your friend (ending on cold). Lots of clean/mineral water (I try to rotate between a glass of water and one with lemon/VitC/honey/cayenne/mag/sodium/calcium, the cayenne and honey only when I have it hot). The VitC is excellent for keeping things moving, but makes the need for alkaline minerals even higher.

IMO etc of course snipers.

Paperclip is right, eat like a king for breakfast, prince for lunch and pauper for dinner. Something like that.

You are describing symptoms of oxygen and alkaline mineral deficiency IMO, at a guess due to your high metabolic training building up large amounts of acids in the muscle tissues as oxygen insufficiency hits, coupled with a diet releasing alot of stored fats as carbonic acid. You must be stinking of ammonia quite alot I guess at the end of training? That is your body releasing large amounts of an alkaline form of ammonia to buffer your body, like you smell at gyms alot from folks cutting (catabolic/ketosis) or have overdone it generally.

Green smoothies are your friend (quite filling, great to aid a light diner, which sets you up to sleep well and repair). Hot and Cold showers are your friend (ending on cold). Lots of clean/mineral water (I try to rotate between a glass of water and one with lemon/VitC/honey/cayenne/mag/sodium/calcium, the cayenne and honey only when I have it hot). The VitC is excellent for keeping things moving, but makes the need for alkaline minerals even higher.

IMO etc of course snipers.

Mate honestly your my new favourite poster i think i should have voted for you more in the awards at xmas. Love reading your posts on this subject.

Back