• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How stupid are Americans?

I don't really care to get into the nuances of your argument with spurspinter1, but I'll just make a general observation about your conduct in this thread. The only one who appears to be self-absorbed here is you. Ever since your initial post and the commensurate reaction to it, you've been trying to mitigate and downplay the intent of your original post. Yes, it's quite humorous to you that there are people in the world with inferior intellect to you, but you didn't intend to showcase it as "some" Americans and your subsequent defense of British tourists--after lambasting me--was not said in jest. You were serious, and I am not the only one who saw the blatant hypocrisy in your consecutive posts.

If you want to joke, then as you say, have a laugh. But don't become overly defensive and flippant when people call you out for hypocrisy or for being a dingdong.

Oh by the way, this post was all a joke. Easy, right?

No I haven't tried to downplay the original post - at all. I make absolutely no apologies whatsoever for posting the video. None.

The only post on here that I have defended was the reply to Vadimirich, where he slated Brits, and I (attempted) to join in what I saw as a joke, by playing along with the stereotyping. Now - I accept that you didn't get it, I also accept that you might not have seen the humour in what I said - but I'm damned if I'm going to accept you making the mistake of misunderstanding, and then making a full and frank confession to appease you.

There was no hypocrisy, because I happen to know exactly what I intended by my response, I do accept that you misinterpreted it and if it caused you to be offended, then I'm sorry that I wasn't clear enough for you. BUt don't take that as some form of confession, because it isn't. Americans don't do ironic wit generally, so I can see why it might have passed you by - you will just have to accept my explanation, because you are wholly and 100% wrong to assume that it was a hypocritical response.

I'm big enough to accept when I have made a mistake, but I haven't made one - you have simply tried to shoehorn all of this into making me a target, because you don't like the fact that Americans have been made to look foolish by their ignorance, don't compound the problem by airing yours in this discussion.

I can take you being tinkled off and resentful about the video, but I suggest you take your anger out on the people that made it. All I did was post a link, you're the one who got angry and insulting, and then acted spoiled and spiteful when you got a taste of it back.

Two months earlier with this thread and you would've won the funniest poster award, mick. I have no doubts you'll keep it up until December though, so I won't forget you this year. Promise.

xx

ABANDON

too trivial to bother with

Can any American explain how such nutters are allowed to run for office? If I said some of the things politicians say about gay rights (and other issues) at my workplace, I'd probably be fired for homophobic comments. Yet these guys are potential rulers of the free world?

The free speech thing seems like a convenient excuse to get away with saying anything you want sometimes.

(note: this is not me having a go at Americans, just something I've been wondering for a while.)

Can any American explain how such nutters are allowed to run for office? If I said some of the things politicians say about gay rights (and other issues) at my workplace, I'd probably be fired for homophobic comments. Yet these guys are potential rulers of the free world?

The free speech thing seems like a convenient excuse to get away with saying anything you want sometimes.

(note: this is not me having a go at Americans, just something I've been wondering for a while.)

Religion.

No I haven't tried to downplay the original post - at all. I make absolutely no apologies whatsoever for posting the video. None.

The only post on here that I have defended was the reply to Vadimirich, where he slated Brits, and I (attempted) to join in what I saw as a joke, by playing along with the stereotyping. Now - I accept that you didn't get it, I also accept that you might not have seen the humour in what I said - but I'm damned if I'm going to accept you making the mistake of misunderstanding, and then making a full and frank confession to appease you.

There was no hypocrisy, because I happen to know exactly what I intended by my response, I do accept that you misinterpreted it and if it caused you to be offended, then I'm sorry that I wasn't clear enough for you. BUt don't take that as some form of confession, because it isn't. Americans don't do ironic wit generally, so I can see why it might have passed you by - you will just have to accept my explanation, because you are wholly and 100% wrong to assume that it was a hypocritical response.

I'm big enough to accept when I have made a mistake, but I haven't made one - you have simply tried to shoehorn all of this into making me a target, because you don't like the fact that Americans have been made to look foolish by their ignorance, don't compound the problem by airing yours in this discussion.

I can take you being tinkled off and resentful about the video, but I suggest you take your anger out on the people that made it. All I did was post a link, you're the one who got angry and insulting, and then acted spoiled and spiteful when you got a taste of it back.

tinkling match, continue!

Let me respond to your severely faulted points in turn.

1. It might be a safe assumption that the irony was solely lost on me if I was, in fact, the only person in this thread who missed this supposed sardonicism. Everyone missed it. So either you're a comedic genius, a comedic infant, or a dingdong. I know which one you'll pick for yourself.

I wasn't the only person to call you out on your hypocrisy. In fact, I wasn't even the first. So objectively, we'll just take the fact that you're a hypocrite as a certainty. Subjectively, if we take your word for it, we'll just say that you were being ironical. I'm not a judge, but I imagine that objective facts placing someone at the crime scene carry more weight than the criminal saying they didn't meant to do it.

2. You're right. As an American who is somewhat intelligent, I don't like that Americans are being made to look ignorant, and I'm tired of seeing it on these boards. HOWEVER, my initial post was in no way an attack on you, it was blanket statement of exasperation. You responded by telling me to get off my high horse, and then proceeded to make a high horse remark of your own (which have continued throughout this thread). At the point of your initial douchebaggery, I decided you were personally worthy of my animosity. You've done nothing yet to dispel that notion. I don't think this makes me ignorant. You have multiple posters on this thread telling you you're full of brick. You've earned it.

3. My answer to your final assertion is really just going to mirror point #2. I am planning on murdering the people who made the video. Don't worry about that.

I'm big enough to accept when I have made a mistake
Just out of curiousity, do you still believe people just pretend to care about football outside of England to seem knowledgeable? That it's an impossibility to give a damn when River Plate gets relegated for the first time in the club's history?

I'm fully aware that I come off as a prick right now, but you've spouted off some incredible things on here since I joined. I'm very much fascinated by your stubbornness and hostility towards those who are of different opinions than you. Both frustrating and amusing to read.

So if my religious beliefs stated that black people were evil, would I get away with saying such things on national TV & in a run for office?

No, because you'd get shot. Gay people don't have guns, just butt plugs. Unless butt plugs become high velocity projectiles, then many conservatives are safe.

So if my religious beliefs stated that black people were evil, would I get away with saying such things on national TV & in a run for office?

Sure, you'd get away with such things if a decent portion of the population agreed with you.

Ive been to Vegas and New York in the US and I had an amazing time in both, I dont hate Yanks and I am only on a windup with my tinkletake posts

Back