• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How stupid are Americans?

hang on, you:

post a lame video
give it a provocative title
get called out by a number of posters
claim you were joking
claim you love all things american

and want me to accept i am wrong?

are you for real?
An apt summation of this here thread.

You 'taking the tinkle' or are you for fudging reals?

images

Forrrest Gump!!! Come on, man!

ohhhh, brick it's been a while since I've seen that..... ok, I guess your original comment stands then #-o

What part of NY you from? I was born and raised in Brooklyn, now living about 30 mins outside NYC.

ohhhh, brick it's been a while since I've seen that..... ok, I guess your original comment stands then #-o

What part of NY you from? I was born and raised in Brooklyn, now living about 30 mins outside NYC.

Ah, nice! I'm from Long Island initially, live in Manhattan now.

Why are so many British people (a general comment) so bothered with pointing out how stupid Americans are? When, considering the status of their country, for the most part, they're clearly not actually stupid at all.

There are a lot of ignorant people in the US. There are also a lot of people who know what is going on. And coming from the world superpower, people probably have less reason to make an effort to find out what is going on.

I'll write you essays and theses about why I vehemently oppose the overwhelming majority of recent US foreign policy. A British guy recently said to me the 'hilarious' phrase "GHod invented war so that Americans could learn geography". Shame he didn't pay attention in geography himself. When I mentioned Syria, he told me that it had been split in two years ago (he thought I was talking about Korea) and he didn't know that the country Equitorial Guinea existed.

I would say though that, most likely a huge proportion of the retread ignorants vote Republican. Or are Republican congressmen. Or even manage to run the country as a Republican president.

And no, British people do not have bad teeth. We just don't constantly veneer them.

Your argument doesn't make any sense and you're very boring when you get all righteous, I have been a fool for not foeing/ignoring you on the new board but it's strangly entertaining to watch you make an idiot out of yourself, although kind of horrible at the same time, people slowing down to watch a car crash syndrome going on here I guess.

Sometimes your posts make a hell of a lot of sense and are also interesting and I reckon in real life you're probably an interesting fella, but you give a bad example of yourself on occasion.

Oh really? In what way am I making a fool of myself, because I have an opinion and I'm not prepared to back down on it, because its something I believe in?

Or do you mean that because I am taking a pile of flak about this video?
You do realise that I didn't make this video, don't you?

I'm simply putting it on view (admittedly in the wrong forum) because its mildly amusing that people exist (if its a true reflection of what they said) who could be so hopelessly ignorant.) If this now becomes a hanging offence, then I suggest that you campaign to have random shut.

You are a self absorbed individual, aren't you - at times

Why are so many British people (a general comment) so bothered with pointing out how stupid Americans are? When, considering the status of their country, for the most part, they're clearly not actually stupid at all.

There are a lot of ignorant people in the US. There are also a lot of people who know what is going on. And coming from the world superpower, people probably have less reason to make an effort to find out what is going on.

I'll write you essays and theses about why I vehemently oppose the overwhelming majority of recent US foreign policy. A British guy recently said to me the 'hilarious' phrase "GHod invented war so that Americans could learn geography". Shame he didn't pay attention in geography himself. When I mentioned Syria, he told me that it had been split in two years ago (he thought I was talking about Korea) and he didn't know that the country Equitorial Guinea existed.

I would say though that, most likely a huge proportion of the retread ignorants vote Republican. Or are Republican congressmen. Or even manage to run the country as a Republican president.

And no, British people do not have bad teeth. We just don't constantly veneer them.

ignorant statement.

how is this thread football related?

Two months earlier with this thread and you would've won the funniest poster award, mick. I have no doubts you'll keep it up until December though, so I won't forget you this year. Promise.

xx

ABANDON

ignorant statement.

how is this thread football related?

This thread is definitely going down in the classics, and I think it'll be funny in retrospect, especially considering how many times we posted 'abandon thread' gifs and we're still posting 5 pages deep.

As for that statement, I would generally use a little more tact than that, but I think that any further debate on that should go in chich's thread from yesterday.

Oh really? In what way am I making a fool of myself, because I have an opinion and I'm not prepared to back down on it, because its something I believe in?

Or do you mean that because I am taking a pile of flak about this video?
You do realise that I didn't make this video, don't you?

I'm simply putting it on view (admittedly in the wrong forum) because its mildly amusing that people exist (if its a true reflection of what they said) who could be so hopelessly ignorant.) If this now becomes a hanging offence, then I suggest that you campaign to have random shut.

You are a self absorbed individual, aren't you - at times
I don't really care to get into the nuances of your argument with spurspinter1, but I'll just make a general observation about your conduct in this thread. The only one who appears to be self-absorbed here is you. Ever since your initial post and the commensurate reaction to it, you've been trying to mitigate and downplay the intent of your original post. Yes, it's quite humorous to you that there are people in the world with inferior intellect to you, but you didn't intend to showcase it as "some" Americans and your subsequent defense of British tourists--after lambasting me--was not said in jest. You were serious, and I am not the only one who saw the blatant hypocrisy in your consecutive posts.

If you want to joke, then as you say, have a laugh. But don't become overly defensive and flippant when people call you out for hypocrisy or for being a dingdong.

Oh by the way, this post was all a joke. Easy, right?

I don't really care to get into the nuances of your argument with spurspinter1, but I'll just make a general observation about your conduct in this thread. The only one who appears to be self-absorbed here is you. Ever since your initial post and the commensurate reaction to it, you've been trying to mitigate and downplay the intent of your original post. Yes, it's quite humorous to you that there are people in the world with inferior intellect to you, but you didn't intend to showcase it as "some" Americans and your subsequent defense of British tourists--after lambasting me--was not said in jest. You were serious, and I am not the only one who saw the blatant hypocrisy in your consecutive posts.

If you want to joke, then as you say, have a laugh. But don't become overly defensive and flippant when people call you out for hypocrisy or for being a dingdong.

Oh by the way, this post was all a joke. Easy, right?

ended =D>

hang on, you:

post a lame video
give it a provocative title
get called out by a number of posters
claim you were joking
claim you love all things american

and want me to accept i am wrong?

are you for real?

lol yep, that pretty much sums it up

Answer to Stouty - hang on, you:

post a lame video - did I? Why is it lame? Because it exposes peoples ignorance, or because it has the temerity to poke fun at Americans, explain what is so wrong with it? You do understand that I wasn't involved in making it - don't you?

give it a provocative title - Agreed, I could have been more sensitive. Hang on, no - fudge it, grow some, if its too tough to handle go cry elsewhere.

get called out by a number of posters - errm, called out? Is that another way of saying a bunch of people came up and threw insults at me and then ran off. Credit where its due, you are at least prepared to hang around.

claim you were joking - the only attempt at humour I made was to the obvious joke about Brits, where I attempted to keep the same vein, and joked about reinforcing the stereotype - which you mistakenly thought was me biting and bitching back.

claim you love all things american - Errm, no, never did. I have had the opportunity to visit the States on countless occasions and have been to pretty much every corner and a few places in between, so I think I have a fair level of exposure to the country and its people. I know that this is an unrepresentative snapshot, but it wouldn't have been as funny if it had been an interview of a bunch of well educated geography and world politics students would it?

and want me to accept i am wrong? Yes, categorically. You are wrong about just about every conclusion you have pole vaulted to, and I told you this at the outset. I then ridiculed you because you don't have the humility to accept the fact that you have made a mistake - by misunderstanding my comments or intentions. I guess you are anoyed that I posted a video that shows some Americans in a poor light, trust me - there are far worse examples I could have chosen.

are you for real? Yes I am, and if I have made any mistakes in here - it has been the error in posting on the wrong forum, and wasting my time talking to people too ignorant to recognise their own failings and mistakes.

That would be a dig at you

But there is still time for you to apologise, for misunderstanding everything I have said - because you were too busy trying to take me down to accept the information you were being given.
Am I going to apologise for the lameness (?) of the video or its quality - no, no no no no no - because, it is what it is, and if you can't accept what you see, then you need to find the producer and give them a spanking, not me.

Back