• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How muich would we benefit from a settled back 4 next season

It should be

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Gallas
Dawson
King

More than enough, I don't know of any other club who have 6 first team centre backs.

It should be

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Gallas
Dawson
King

More than enough, I don't know of any other club who have 6 first team centre backs.

Leading to next year..

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Dawson
Caulker

Which works nicely as Kaboul can also cover RB, and Vertonghen can also cover LB..

We already more than enough at the back, can't see the need to buy Vertonghen personally. Unless Levy is going to splash the cash, which is unlikely. We need Strikers! Why spend ?ú12M on a centre-back? Nice to have rather than essential, we need to be spending at least ?ú30M on new forwards, that's the priority.

Caulker is ready, he had a great season at Swansea. He's now at the same point Walker was at the end of last season and what a great player he's been for us.

Walker Caulker Kaboul BAE

With Naughton covering either fullback position, Dawson, Gallas covering at centreback.

We already more than enough at the back, can't see the need to buy Vertonghen personally. Unless Levy is going to splash the cash, which is unlikely. We need Strikers! Why spend ?ú12M on a centre-back? Nice to have rather than essential, we need to be spending at least ?ú30M on new forwards, that's the priority.

Caulker is ready, he had a great season at Swansea. He's now at the same point Walker was at the end of last season and what a great player he's been for us.

Walker Caulker Kaboul BAE

With Naughton covering either fullback position, Dawson, Gallas covering at centreback.

Vertonghen will be Spurs captain by 2014, and he will be the first name on the list for our defense if he joins. That is why we are (hopefully) buying him.

I've written what I mean about him in previous posts, and since I don't post alot it shouldn't be hard to find if you are interested.

Vertonghen will be Spurs captain by 2014, and he will be the first name on the list for our defense if he joins. That is why we are (hopefully) buying him.

I've written what I mean about him in previous posts, and since I don't post alot it shouldn't be hard to find if you are interested.

Which is fine as long as that leaves us enough cash to fill the gaping hole up front. I wouldn't be surprised if our front line for the first two games is Defoe and Kane...

Us buying a centre back when it's not essential worries me. Makes me fear that Levy is planning to cash in on either Bale or Modric or both.

Which is fine as long as that leaves us enough cash to fill the gaping hole up front. I wouldn't be surprised if our front line for the first two games is Defoe and Kane...

Us buying a centre back when it's not essential worries me. Makes me fear that Levy is planning to cash in on either Bale or Modric or both.

Can't argue with the need for a strikeforce :)

Are you planning to sell vdv? 8-[

It should be

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Gallas
Dawson
King

problem is that King only counts as half a defender at best given his availability and Gallas is moving to something similar

Therefore we only have 3 and two half CBs

problem is that King only counts as half a defender at best given his availability and Gallas is moving to something similar

Therefore we only have 3 and two half CBs

So Four?

Which i think has been the common consensus requirement for CB's for a season..

And more reports, including quotes from teh man himself, that he doesnt want to leave

“For now, I’m staying with Tottenham, but in football you can never say what’s going to happen,”

That's settled then.

Back