• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How muich would we benefit from a settled back 4 next season

Didnt Brad keep some sort of record number of clean sheets this season?

Despite having a hugely unsettled back four, the defence did pretty well. It was at the other end of the field we had a problem.

this is a good post.
the benefits of a regular back 4 plus goalie cannot be underestimated.

any team with a good defence allows the midfield and attack to focus on going forward in possession without fear and taking a greater sense of adventure.

if i had to just point out biggest harry's weakness, is that he likes everyone to do a little of everything. but asking vdv to track back and defend and then asking why we don't score enough goals....

Last edited:
Since way back until i can remember we have always been dodgy at the back. Its the Spurs way im afraid.

I get the point about loyalty and King, but to be fair to the club, if King had been fit all of his career, would he have stayed at Spurs? I think both the club and King have stayed with each other due to some real connection, but also circumstance.

King can have the cup and Europa games for me next season, potentially alongside Vert/Dawson.

First PL game of the season should be Kaboul/Gallas, they earned it, with Vert/Gallas rotating around Kaboul as Vert' adapts to the EPL.

Would be great to have Kaboul/Vert as established pair by mid season with cup and backup being Dawson/King/Gallas. I'd give Caulker one more season on loan, depending on who comes in as the new Swans manager.

Nah play Caulker now.

The fella's gotta learn.

Would Ledley have been the same player if we had not blooded him so early? Tough to compare given that he walked into a mediocre squad whereas Caulker is vying for a spot in a good squad. But that can surely only improve him with big defensive brains like Willy G to learn from.

ETP i agree with you on Caulker, either way, he has to play this season, he can not be left on bench or he wont progress! You only have to see Caulker to see the benefits on prem loan and then returning!

Though for me, the only way Vertonghen will adjust is by playing, so he has to start the season for me

ETP i agree with you on Caulker, either way, he has to play this season, he can not be left on bench or he wont progress! You only have to see Caulker to see the benefits on prem loan and then returning!

Though for me, the only way Vertonghen will adjust is by playing, so he has to start the season for me

why not jsut bring him off the bench

verty that is ...

Caulker and King in Europe. That way Caulker can learn from the best and King gets a slightly less physical work out.

Kaboul and Vert in the League. Week after week so they learn each others games.

Gallas and Dawson as back up for when he inevitable injuries kick in.

Sorted!

Caulker and King in Europe. That way Caulker can learn from the best and King gets a slightly less physical work out.

Sorted!

I would be for this, would add that i'd prefer Caulker and King in the cups, as long as we don't get a top 6 draw...

It would be good for Caulker, but what for the second half of the season? If we don't progress very far in europe he may not get enough games to justify keeping him..

By the second half of the season we'll be down to three fit CB's and one of those might be Ivan Campo courtesy of a January transfer window panic buy.

Dawson and Vrthongen for me. We need Dawson leadership qualities and he's easily as good as Kaboul if not better. Yeah Kaboul had a great season, but he had quite a lot of nightmares and was helped by the fact King played loads the first half of the season. Daws looks incredible playing next to King too.

Kaboul and Caulker bakup, King as back up. Get rid of Gallas and Nelsen.

Get rid of Rose and get a young left back of absolute quality. SORTED!!!

Sorted!

Six for two positions? This would just be silly.

If we actually ever sign Vertonghen then Caulker has to go back to Swansea or somewhere else for another season.

Does anyone else wonder whether Ledley would have been the amazingly loyal servant to the club that we all paint him as if he had stayed fit throughout his career and was getting the offers he would no doubt have been getting from the biggest clubs in the world? Would like to think he would and he can still do no wrong in my mind and should carry on as long as he wants but I reckon we probably all look at it a but through rose tinted specs.

Also is he putting his body through hell for the cause like we all like to think or is he putting it through hell for ?ú70k a week. I'd get kicked in the gonad*s 7hrs a day 7 days a week for that sort of dough

I guess we are all assuming we will sell bassong as well!

Another interesting question is, will Parker captain the side more enxt year if King/Dawson are not first choice

I guess we are all assuming we will sell bassong as well!

Another interesting question is, will Parker captain the side more enxt year if King/Dawson are not first choice

Think Bassong is gone, didn't show anything amazing that I'm aware of on his loan spell.

Question may be who is captain at all, I think Parker is going to have amuch harder time being on team sheet every game with Sandro continuing his improvement.

Think Bassong is gone, didn't show anything amazing that I'm aware of on his loan spell.

Question may be who is captain at all, I think Parker is going to have amuch harder time being on team sheet every game with Sandro continuing his improvement.

VDV for me.

Back