• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Heurelho Gomes

Re: Heurelho da Silva Gomes

Was at the away game at Craven Cottage when he let the ball slip through his hands for their first goal then made some truly world class saves after that. Summed Gomes' Spurs career up from the sublime to the ridiculous. Unfortunately the season before last there was less sublime and more ridiculous.

A number of clubs are readying moves for unsettled Tottenham goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: January 17, 2013 1:57pm

Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are readying moves for unsettled Tottenham goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.

Gomes has found himself well down the pecking order at White Hart Lane this season and has yet to feature for Andre Villas-Boas' side.

The Brazilian is keen to move on in this month's transfer window and Spurs are unlikely to stand in his way if they receive a suitable offer.

The news has alerted a number of clubs across Europe to Gomes' possible availability either on loan or in a permanent deal.

Italian giants AC Milan are thought to be interested in signing Gomes as they look to bring a new goalkeeper to the San Siro.

A couple of unnamed Dutch clubs are also believed to be monitoring Gomes' situation, with the 31-year-old enjoying a successful spell in Holland with PSV Eindhoven prior to his move to Tottenham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...unsettled-Tottenham-goalkeeper-Heurelho-Gomes

Last edited:

Gomes tweet this morning..........

Good morning!!! I wish all the very best to all my friends. GHod bless you all!!!

A goodbye, possibly?
Or just being nice?

Loan might benefit us,
chance of him to show case his talent and gain some value again.

Good luck Heurelho!

probably on a good 50k a week so good to save some cash at least

Anyone know what's going on with Gomes? He's not even in the Europa League squad this season (which would be one of the competitions he might expect to get game time of he was serious about fighting for his place at Spurs). He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who'd be happy to spend the season on the bench picking up his pay cheque. Or maybe I'm wrong about that. All a bit odd that *nobody* came in for him over the summer.

Anyone know what's going on with Gomes? He's not even in the Europa League squad this season (which would be one of the competitions he might expect to get game time of he was serious about fighting for his place at Spurs). He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who'd be happy to spend the season on the bench picking up his pay cheque. Or maybe I'm wrong about that. All a bit odd that *nobody* came in for him over the summer.

As far as I can see, Gomes is one of four named Spurs goalkeepers for the UEFA Europa League...

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2014/clubs/club=1652/squad/index.html

Nah we just didn't have place for him in the squad.
If we wanted a 25 man squad and not just 24, the last spot had to go to a club trained player, hence the inclusion of Simon Dawkins and not Gomes.
If Gomes had been with us since the age of 17 he'd be in the squad

I don't think that Gomes is a keeper who would be suited to being in and out of the team or coming off the bench. If he is not first choice, I think that it is difficult to see a role for him.

He gone. But he still here.

Cesar is 1st choice goalie for Brazil. WC in Brazil next year.

Yeah, but a decent season from Gomes and he could at least be one of their three keepers... a chance to be involved in a World Cup on home soil? Surely that'd be worth working for... but sitting on the bench at Spurs, he'll never even get a chance. You'd think he'd be aiming to at least push Friedel for the Number Two slot... but that would mean being available for Europa League games, and he's not even bloody registered.

Have to assume he'll go out on loan over the next few days. If he doesn't... then you'd have to wonder whether his career as a professional footballer has much of a future.

Really hoping that he finds himself a good club soon. Wish him the very best, seems like one of football's good guys. I loved how he led a chorus of Spurs chanting on more than one occasion.

Really hoping that he finds himself a good club soon. Wish him the very best, seems like one of football's good guys. I loved how he led a chorus of Spurs chanting on more than one occasion.

Yeah. That's what I find so frustrating about the situation... when he was good, he was a damn fine goalkeeper. Wouldn't trade Lloris for anyone right now - I'm not saying we should keep Gomes... but, like you say, he's always seemed like a good guy and is certainly a good enough player to be an automatic starter for all but the best clubs. Assuming he ever gets his confidence back, that is.

Take tonight for example... Benfica have a big match, home to Anderlecht in the Champions League. Benfica's keeper is likely to be Artur Moraes, who historically has been lower down the pecking order for Brazil than Gomes. By rights Gomes should be an automatic starter for a club like Benfica. Challenging for domestic titles and getting regular Champions League exposure. Instead he's wasting his time on the bench at a team that will never play him (because if we had any intention of doing so, we'd have found a slot for him in the Europa squad).

Back