• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Have we frittered away £30m ?

I think the jury is still out on Sig, he looks like a different player to the one we saw at Swansea last season.

I think the jury is still out on Sig, he looks like a different player to the one we saw at Swansea last season.

As far as im concerned not really. I guess I dont get brought by the MoTD highlights. He is a highlights player - one goal or one pass and he had a great game type player. People got carried away because he scored a couple of goals - I just think 8m (if to be believed) was just too much. Maybe at 2m and a back up id have him as he could pull a goal or two out of nowhere.

I would love to be proved wrong.

i wasn't so much thinking of his goals, more his bursts into the box and his ability to beat a man, not really seen either of those from him yet and his passing has been atrocious

Gylfi's nervous. He looks nervous. So give him time, he needs to settle in. After all, people are expecting him to be a replacement for the massive fan favorite that was Rafa. That's a lot of pressure.

Dembele looks like Yaya Toure when he's in full stride. Sure, he misplaces a few passes, but that'll change when he understands his team-mates' runs better.

Dempsey looked a real threat when put up alongside Defoe in the second half, especially in the air. He'll come good as well.

Lloris was a steal at 13 million.

Verts......well, what can you say about Verts. Like Vermaelen, but with a better defensive brain and considerably more elan. He would have been an incredible bargain at twice the price we paid for him.

=D>

Outstanding post.

As far as im concerned not really. I guess I dont get brought by the MoTD highlights. He is a highlights player - one goal or one pass and he had a great game type player. People got carried away because he scored a couple of goals - I just think 8m (if to be believed) was just too much. Maybe at 2m and a back up id have him as he could pull a goal or two out of nowhere.

unless you watched a lot of him at Swansea then that statement is as bogus as those from the people you say have been bought by the highlights

Dempsey and Sigi are looking worse and worse. by the game.

Was it Levy trying to be clever, nicking players from Liverpool at the last minute. Sigi was n our radar before AVB.

I would like to know the SP on these signings, because replace these two ith either an upgrade [ not difficult ] or Modric and maybe even VDV and we would be in much better shape.

I don't fancy watching Sig or Dempsey for too long. They make for boring football

Both were worse than awful today.

Im confident sigurdsson can add something on the long term, hes clearly out of confidence at the moment.

Dempsey just isnt a good footballer. You cant rely on him playing as a n°10, thats a joke. Of course he can come up with a couple of goals now and again but not good enough.

A Fulham fan I know was pleased when we signed Dempsey as he said that he was over-rated - I assumed it was sour grapes however can now see what he meant. We have Dempsey and Siggy contributing nothing at the moment; we're playing with 10 men every game

A Fulham fan I know was pleased when we signed Dempsey as he said that he was over-rated - I assumed it was sour grapes however can now see what he meant. We have Dempsey and Siggy contributing nothing at the moment; we're playing with 10 men every game

I bet that Fulham fan was not calling him overrated when he scored 23 goals last season, 17 in the league the same amount as Ade. I think we have all watched enough football that some players are simply unable to transfer the excellent form in one team to another team. Was Pineaar overrated when he came to Spurs? I thought he was but when I see him know I know better. Pineaar is a very good player, he simply was not the right fit for our team, and there is a big difference between not being the right fit and being overrated.

I bet that Fulham fan was not calling him overrated when he scored 23 goals last season, 17 in the league the same amount as Ade. I think we have all watched enough football that some players are simply unable to transfer the excellent form in one team to another team. Was Pineaar overrated when he came to Spurs? I thought he was but when I see him know I know better. Pineaar is a very good player, he simply was not the right fit for our team, and there is a big difference between not being the right fit and being overrated.

Don't know about the Fulham fan but i was calling him overrated for years now. Didn't think he provided anything to general play and it's even worse than i thought (Kevin fudging Nolan actually looks like he provides more to a teams general play).

Don't know about the Fulham fan but i was calling him overrated for years now. Didn't think he provided anything to general play and it's even worse than i thought (Kevin fudging Nolan actually looks like he provides more to a teams general play).

He is terrible. I just don't get why we bought him

It was a brave move letter VDV go ontop of Modric leaving. It would have made sense if we'd brought in a stellar midfield replacement (VDV rarely played the full game, almost 30 now, and we got decent cash).

At least Dembele's a beast, a currently injured beast who'll no doubt have torrid injury problems now he's joined us, but a beast nonetheless.

I agree 100%.

Dempsey doesn't really fit into this team's style IMO. Neither does this team play to his strengths as a player.

Sig is a slightly different matter though I think... he should in theory slot right in... but looks nervous, lacking confidence, playing very poorly.

Either way, it's hurting us badly, and none more so than today.

im reapeating myself here now but i saw him numerous times last year and he s not the same player,we're not playing him in his best position.

One major observation I have made, is that we don't really end up doing well with signing those big fish in small pond players. In recent times we have had

Danny Murphy
Bentley
Bent
Pienaar
Dempsey
Sigurddson

who all where the best players for the team they played for, then they end up looking like complete dross when they sign for us. Why is that the case? Or are they not as good as we are led to believe.

im reapeating myself here now but i saw him numerous times last year and he s not the same player,we're not playing him in his best position.

Yesterday he played midfield. I have seen him play on the left of the front three and also behind the striker. He has looked fairly brick in all of them. What is his exact position?

Also he looked ok last season I will give you that but does not mean he was ever the right fit for us. You want us to revolve our team around him? There are plenty of good players but you dont go buy all of them UNLESS they fit your formation. Sig and Dempsey (I know I have littered this forum with this) is 14m down the drain when even buying someone like Willian for 14-18m would have sufficed as that is someone that AVB wanted.

Our strategy for buying players is shocking. Pick a formation and buy players to suit that formation. At the moment it seems that we are just buying players and then making them fit a formation which is fudgein brick.

Yesterday he played midfield. I have seen him play on the left of the front three and also behind the striker. He has looked fairly brick in all of them. What is his exact position?

Also he looked ok last season I will give you that but does not mean he was ever the right fit for us. You want us to revolve our team around him? There are plenty of good players but you dont go buy all of them UNLESS they fit your formation. Sig and Dempsey (I know I have littered this forum with this) is 14m down the drain when even buying someone like Willian for 14-18m would have sufficed as that is someone that AVB wanted.

Our strategy for buying players is shocking. Pick a formation and buy players to suit that formation. At the moment it seems that we are just buying players and then making them fit a formation which is fudgein brick.

If Spurs are to ever compete with the big boys is in the league, then all major transfer signing have to be spot on. It simply can't be allowed to make so many mistakes at the transfer market, as have been made over the past 4-5 years. The new style we have become known for is about pace, creativity and flair, then don't buy replacements that doesn't fulfill these requirements, no matter how well they have performed at other clubs.

It's not all terrible though as Lloris, Vertonghen and Dembele all look very good and they were even bought at reasonable prices.

I know it might sound harsh, but I would seriously prefer that we caught our losses and sold Dempsey and Gylfi in the next window rather than keeping them, only to see the players value continue to drop. Giving players extra time to settle didn't really make Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Bentley and Bent any better, it only decreased their resale value.

I'm in no way demanding quality performances right from the start, but I look desperately for some sign of promise, especially from Gylfi as he's still young, but I simply can't see it, sorry.

selling Dempsey and buying Berbatov..........genius =D>

we could have signed Berbatov. Was available for 5 mill too ](*,)

If Spurs are to ever compete with the big boys is in the league, then all major transfer signing have to be spot on. It simply can't be allowed to make so many mistakes at the transfer market, as have been made over the past 4-5 years. The new style we have become known for is about pace, creativity and flair, then don't buy replacements that doesn't fulfill these requirements, no matter how well they have performed at other clubs.

It's not all terrible though as Lloris, Vertonghen and Dembele all look very good and they were even bought at reasonable prices.

I know it might sound harsh, but I would seriously prefer that we caught our losses and sold Dempsey and Gylfi in the next window rather than keeping them, only to see the players value continue to drop. Giving players extra time to settle didn't really make Pavlyuchenko, Dos Santos, Bentley and Bent any better, it only decreased their resale value.

I'm in no way demanding quality performances right from the start, but I look desperately for some sign of promise, especially from Gylfi as he's still young, but I simply can't see it, sorry.

i would give Sigurdsson time. He is young, is lacking confidence and is playing in a team that is performing poorly

Back