• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harrys Trial

Yeah, he looked proper choked up too, I thought he was going to shed a tear!

That was nice of Harry: described Wigan games and Spurs fans chanting his name as one of most moving moments for him in football.

Saw that on SSN. I thought he looked pretty moved by it at the Wigan game too, he waved back at and applauded the crowd much more than he normally would have on that night. I admit when I heard Harry talking about that on SSN I just felt a sense of "fudge yeah, I love Spurs! Come on Harry! Yiddo!" :D

Gonna be a great atmosphere against Saudi Sportswashing Machine!

In all honesty dispite the emotion he showed on the steps I expect him to leave in the summer. If he could leave us with a third place finish and an FA CUp trophy that would be just peachy

Listen, lets not start to cling to the hope that because he was moved by the fans and supported well from Tottenham that he now no longer harbours any ambitions of managing England. You'll start to sound like the victims of Liverpool.

Bang on. I expect Capello to go after the next international date 29 February.
England's next game after that is 26th May. Our season will be over then.
So expect Harry to be appointed to the England job in March. He'll be able to do both jobs for 3 months.

so the 2014 World Cup will be in Brazil and the 2016 Euros will be in France. Might be enough to tempt Redknapp when the official offer is made.

Am i the only one that thinks the England job is a step down?

It's also career suicide, just looks at the last x managers to try it, nobody really said a good word about any of them.

Honestly, why can't a manager do both like in FM? Especially when the national team is the same country as the league your club team is in. Harry will know every English player inside out after his years managing in the Prem, so all he'd need to do is pick a squad and be at the games (which don't clash with Prem). The format is designed so that players can play and train with a club side and an international side, so how is it different for managers?

Hoddle should have the England job.

tonnes of experience, playing and managing, even done the job before, good age, given his work with his academy he should have a big say in the future of english football at all age levels.

in any other country with his background he'd be a top candidate

oh but the media here are not fans. i forgot that the media make all the important decisions

The England job is career suicide, agreed, but it's also a job Redknapp seems to want very badly, being a patriotic Englishman and all. I can't blame him for wanting it, I merely hope he realizes what an absolute death-trap it is for the reputations of those who take it. Does he really want to be remembered as yet another failure at the helm? Much better to be remembered as the man who re-established Spurs at the pinnacle of the game, directly or indirectly.

Hoddle should have the England job.

tonnes of experience, playing and managing, even done the job before, good age, given his work with his academy he should have a big say in the future of english football at all age levels.

in any other country with his background he'd be a top candidate

oh but the media here are not fans. i forgot that the media make all the important decisions

He has no man management skills.

As for his academy he hasn't achieved anything with that apart from media hype.

Honestly, why can't a manager do both like in FM? Especially when the national team is the same country as the league your club team is in. Harry will know every English player inside out after his years managing in the Prem, so all he'd need to do is pick a squad and be at the games (which don't clash with Prem). The format is designed so that players can play and train with a club side and an international side, so how is it different for managers?

I'd imagine people would moan about that manager giving preferential treatment to his own club's players. Everything else seems to be spot on, although if Mourinho were to become available and the FA had a choice between Redknapp and Mourinho, who do you think they would ultimately go for?

The only reason why he could turn it down is because he would miss day to day management. Thats what he loves and thats what hes good at.

He has no man management skills.

As for his academy he hasn't achieved anything with that apart from media hype.

the academy is for rejects, its not likely to create superstars is it. However at least he is bothered about young players who are rejected by clubs on a yearly basis.

regarding his man management skills, i think the current crop of young players filling out the squad are not the strong characters of the past and maybe Hoddle wouldnt have so many objectors to his methods

I think it'd have to do with Harry's reluctance to go for a player he hasn't seen directly. He's done it with most of our transfers, and I can imagine him being reluctant to pick a player he hasn't seen in action personally. So he'd need to travel around the grounds on a weekend to watch the various England hopefuls, and that would cut into his club job. Plus, there's all the promotional work, watching the U-21's, dealing with the press...all of that is different to what his club job would be. That's why it would be hard to pull of in this case, and possibly in most cases.

regarding his man management skills, i think the current crop of young players filling out the squad are not the strong characters of the past and maybe Hoddle wouldnt have so many objectors to his methods

I can't see the likes of Ravel Morrison, Jack Wheelchair et al being too forgiving of him, can you? Not when they've got such splendid role models to look up to in the senior squad.

Back