• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harrys Trial

Also, when Harry says he's paid 8M in taxes, which can be proved, this just looks ridiculous

i would close Harry's defence on this fact to give the jury some perspective.
its not like we all don't try to save a little here and there, even though we do submit our taxes diligently.

i would close Harry's defence on this fact to give the jury some perspective.
its not like we all don't try to save a little here and there, even though we do submit our taxes diligently.

Speak for yourself, I intentionally spoilt my tax return this year, as I haven't been a company director for 4 years and still get the returns to fill! I phoned them twice (for the previous 2 returns) and asked what to do, then followed their advice exactly, still got sent a request this year, so I entered 'no' to everything! F~*k 'em!

i imagine you'll find HMRC getting absolutely slaughtered by all and sundry for a monumental waste of public time and money if and when they are both acquitted next week

I honestly have no idea whether he's guilty or not, what I will say is that frankly, if the prosecution's MAIN evidence is an interview with Rob Beasley from News of The Screws, it is absolutely laughable and the HMRC will deserve a proper ridiculing for hinging a case on that! If I were Harry's defense, even if counsel raised an 'objection' as I was saying it, I would make DAMN sure to plant the absurdity of relying on the News Of The Screws for main evidence in the jury's minds...if it isn't there already!

I think a lot of you are very quick to dismiss the evidence of the NOTW journo. Sure, anyone who's part of the Murdoch empire isn't exactly popular at the moment, but the fact is there is taped evidence of Harry incriminating himself, to say he was lying because he doesn't have to tell the truth is a pretty weak excuse imo.

The account was hidden away offshore with a secretive code name, the bank manager has confirmed that Redknapp was the only person in control of the account, the money is roughly what it would have been in the bonus from selling Crouch and although it's not a crime to lie to a journalist, when you say something that incriminates you alongside all the other facts then it definitely doesn't look good.

I think a lot of you are very quick to dismiss the evidence of the NOTW journo. Sure, anyone who's part of the Murdoch empire isn't exactly popular at the moment, but the fact is there is taped evidence of Harry incriminating himself, to say he was lying because he doesn't have to tell the truth is a pretty weak excuse imo.

The account was hidden away offshore with a secretive code name, the bank manager has confirmed that Redknapp was the only person in control of the account, the money is roughly what it would have been in the bonus from selling Crouch and although it's not a crime to lie to a journalist, when you say something that incriminates you alongside all the other facts then it definitely doesn't look good.

I have to agree, I'm a little worried for him, on the basis of what I have read about the trial on here. Hopefully the worst that will happen is a big fine, but who knows

Still if he's found guilty, we may have our manager for next season. Am slightly worried it may stop Harry focusing on the pool game fully.

Still if he's found guilty, we may have our manager for next season. Am slightly worried it may stop Harry focusing on the pool game fully.

I will only say that there are areas of N17 for which the first part of your sentence would not be ideal...

I really don't know if he is guilty or not. I think the tone of the conversation with the journalist might be a deciding factor

Harry, whose paid over 8m in taxes, is being chased for 30k more of taxes because he lied to a news of the world reporter?

Is that about the crux of it?

He has told everyone he has to the truth, ie the Police and investigators. There is nothing they have to suggest he's lied. In other words his story stacks up.
The money wasnt hidden anywhere, and to say it was a secret name is a joke....it was his dog and year of birth!!

So what if only he had the control of the account. How many people control your account? Is that strange?

The money was roughly the same. Roughly. This is a courtroom we are talking about. If it was the same, the prosecution would be going wild, but its not, so they cant use it....they fall back to one thing.

The fact that he lied to a journo, who worked for a paper that has just been shut down for spying.

Personally, I think it's the players that need to focus fully - the squad picks itslef by now - what more could he possibly say to them? Go out and score a few? I know it sounds simplistic but his input should be largerly limited to individual advice and instructions, imv - we're in a great run of consistent form - no selection headaches, very few injuries, etc.

Can he still manage us from jail? Can just imagine him sat there in cuffs in his orange jumpsuit lol

Or he'll manage a prison team with vinnie jones and danny dyer

i m sure he can appeal if slap with jail term .... Harry can still manage till close to end of season i hope.

Arry.jpg

The prosecution case at Harry Redknapp's tax evasion trial is "repugnant to all our basic instincts of fairness'', a court heard on Monday.

Defence barrister John Kelsey-Fry QC launched a fierce attack on the Crown for using a News of the World investigation as its "crucial lynchpin'' in the case.

"There is an inherent absurdity that shrieks out at you'' in some of the allegations that Redknapp took ?ú189,000 in bungs, he told London's Southwark Crown Court.

Betting odds crashed for Redknapp being the next Premier League manager to be sacked two days before allegations were made public, jurors were told.

Mr Kelsey-Fry said bookmakers slashed bets from 50/1 to evens after a flurry of wagers on the Friday before accusations against Redknapp and co-defendant Milan Mandaric appeared in the Sunday tabloid.

In his closing speech, the barrister said the Crown was relying on "primarily despicable'' evidence gathered by reporter Rob Beasley.

He said: "I do not shrink from suggesting to you it is repugnant to all our basic instincts of fairness in the criminal justice process.''

Referring to interviews carried out Mr Beasley, Mr Kelsey-Fry said: "They saw a great story, all's fair in love and war at the News of the World.''

Redknapp and Mandaric, his former chairman at Portsmouth, were an "odd couple'' like the old Hollywood film, the court heard earlier.

They were compared to the characters portrayed by Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau as Mandaric's defence barrister Lord Macdonald QC said the prosecution was "really flailing'' with "paper-thin'' explanations for the Monaco payments.

Lord Macdonald also highlighted Mandaric's multibillion-pound business dealings, saying: "Steve Jobs doesn't work with fools.''

"It's really desperate stuff'' to suggest Mandaric might have intended the payments as a reward for Portsmouth beating Manchester United, jurors heard.

It also "simply doesn't make sense'' that the first payment was a bonus for the ?ú3million profit made over the sale of Peter Crouch from Portsmouth to Aston Villa, Lord Macdonald said.

"We say the evidence against him is hopelessly weak,'' he said.

The barrister added that "there's nothing even slightly sinister'' about the actions.

"In Milan Mandaric's mind this was not money for Crouch, this was Milan Mandaric coming through on money he had promised months before - for a portfolio,'' the barrister said.

As a "non-dom'', it made no sense for Mandaric to pay the money into a UK account, jurors at Southwark Crown Court heard.

Lord Macdonald said the pair had an "emotional relationship, at times a tempestuous relationship, at times a love-hate relationship''.

They are an "odd couple, a bit like the old film'', he added.

"An odd couple, different men, different backgrounds... but I would suggest a deep affection,'' Lord Macdonald said.

"Mr Mandaric had no fear describing his emotions towards Mr Redknapp, he said he loves them.''

Both Redknapp, 64, of Poole, Dorset, and Mandaric, from Oadby, Leicestershire, deny two counts of cheating the public revenue when Redknapp was manager of Portsmouth Football Club.

The first charge of cheating the public revenue alleges that between April 1 2002 and November 28 2007 Mandaric paid 145,000 US dollars (?ú93,100) into the account.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of 150,000 US dollars (?ú96,300) allegedly paid between May 1 2004 and November 28 2007.

The court was adjourned until Tuesday when Judge Anthony Leonard will begin summing up evidence.

Anyone want to make an Odd Couple movie poster now?

Apparently Harry didn't make it to the game tonight because the plane had problems taxing.

Back