• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Winks is not going to be transferred this window; unless it is in swap deal with Ward Prowse (highly unlikely). We cannot afford to lose a home grown pair of legs....

Pretty sure Sissoko has more assists than Winks in last 3 years. So when people say "yeh but that's not Winks game" it's not exactly Sissoko's either.

Move him on, let go of the sentiment, offers nothing.

my previous posts on Winks can be found on this thread.

Bang average, if he was Johnny Foreigner you'd have been lambasting him for years but as he's come from the academy he gets some sort of free elderly bus pass.

He's bang average, wouldn't get into a Big 6 team, and will turn out game in game out for someone like Palace ala Andros Townsend. Flog him, he won't ever be good enough.

Can someone please tell me what Harry Winks does? I don't see the benefit he provides to the team so I welcome thoughts?

People say he recycles posession well but that's meaningless if it doesn't push the team forward. Think of Carrick, think of Modric, they made the entire team function.

Winks offers nothing to me, if he wans't through the system he would have been carted off long ago. May as well stick Gedson in there, literally will do the same job. Nothing defensively, nothing offensively, just a body on the pitch.

Are we there yet?

Thought he had a good game last night.
Agreed. He's a good player in the right system, with the right players around him. Good to see a good performance from him, been to much of way too little way too often.

Will be interesting to see how he's used this season if he's still here come the transfer window closing.

Might need some more of this from Winks, what with seemingly all our internationals getting crocked this week!

More of what he did against Pacos in the second leg would do nicely, though probably a step up in terms of opposition that role against Palace could suit him.

With quite a few forced changes looking likely (or even certain) I'm guessing Nuno will try to keep as much of the rest of the team and system unchanged for the Palace game. Winks in for Skipp would seem the obvious choice if Skipp is out injured.

It is tough," he said. "We’re meant to be a team. It’s meant to be competition. It’s meant to be competitive. Everybody should be fighting for weekend games and it’s difficult. Motivation should be everybody fighting for the same cause and the same thing.

"But when we go out on that pitch and we’re not playing in the [first] team, we’ve got to put that right, make a point and show the manager we should be playing in the team. And when we lose in the way that we did, we don’t do that. It’s down to us but there’s a lot of factors behind that.

"We’re Tottenham and whoever goes out on the pitch, we should be winning these kind of games. There’s no excuses.

There’s no excuses, but have a load of excuses.

it’s time for some of these players to start showing the want to be here rather than just saying it.

Don't know what to say about Winks that hasn't said before. He needs to leave for his own sake if he wants to further his career.
The same could be said of Dele and a couple of others

I agree he has gone as far as he can with us and needs to move, of the 3 experienced midfield players on Thursday he showed the most commitment but his form has gone. When he first came in to the side he kept the ball moving and didnt stop the ball when taking a pass now he stand still too much. I'll save some of my thought about him until after the West Ham game.

This may have been mentioned in the match thread but I thought Winks played well last night, the best of the subs. He kept possession well with a couple of surges upfield and I think it was his first time ball to Emerson that led to their keeper being sent. If he can find his form from a few years ago, he'd be like a new signing

PS Why do i have to endure a pic of the Goons celebrating their 89 league win at the top of the page advertising the BBC Symphony Orchestra

Back