• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

So the weird stalkers on Social media have figured out Winks has unfollowed Spurs Official on both Instagram and Twitter as of yesterday.

Off?

My point is there is no one left on the pro Winks ship anymore.
Before the documentary all the "proper football men" fans thought he was too lightweight and passed it sideways too much.
The people who still defended him at this point saw him as a misunderstood intelligent ball player who would come good.
Then the documentary happened. He came across about as intelligent as one of the inbetweeners.
The nerds saw him as not one of their own anymore.
Even the extra inch guys want him sold now.
He's failed to step up, regressed actually. There's a player there, but he needs the right system and a step down at this point is probably the right move.

Would be happy enough to defend him, but the conversation has been had around and around for ages, there's very little middle ground to be found and seems a bit pointless as he may be on his way out.
Several things happened to Winks

- Never got enough play time at the right stage of his career (said it before, Skipp played more games last season for Norwich than Winks has ever managed in a single season)
- He's been allowed to hide, this goes back to point 1, Skipp at Norwich, Grealish at Villa, they are the player people look at when they need inspiration, something to happen. Winks has never been that person, he always could hide behind Kane, Son, Eriksen, Toby, Jan, etc. he's never had to step up and carry the side.
- He's natural game is too slow, when pushed, when confident he can play forward, he can cycle the ball, the minute his confidence takes a knock or his form isn't great he retreats into his natural style, slow and sideways.

Nothing to do with Jose, he was on the downside with Poch, I'd say unlike Dele who the talent is clearly still there, I think Winks had highlights to his career but clearly hasn't made the step up.

Looks like Villa or Everton, good luck to him.
He looked very good for a while, part of that was probably playing in a team and system that fit him better than it has since.

I do think he's regressed, injuries, lack of playing time and confidence, I don't know.

Certainly hasn't stepped up the way we hoped. If he moves on I hope for his sake he gets a move to a team that suits him.

Were city not supposed to be interested, £200m for the two Harrys.
Obscures the cost of each and every one can claim what they want.
Not the most outlandish thing I've read. 1) Pep rated Winks a couple of years back and will undoubtedly think he can fix him 2) I believe he's good mates with Grealish 3) Home grown is a bonus 4) £175m and everyone's happy. Ish. 5) We blow everyone else out of the water with our Haaland bid in the summer...

Back