• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I think there's a reasonably prospect of him moving to someone like City, if they're short on numbers from a home grown player perspective

I think there's a reasonably prospect of him moving to someone like City, if they're short on numbers from a home grown player perspective
I think it will be someone like Villa or Everton, where he’ll play regularly, but it is conceivable he could be filler elsewhere a little higher up.

Liverpool Twitter seem to think that they are the club negotiating with us for him

Thanks. I needed a laugh. :D

I beg your pardon?????
I think Winks could be a good and effective player in the right system. At least as a squad player and being HG I wouldn't be shocked if he got a fairly big move. Don't think that's the most likely though.
Poch failed to develop him and asked him to play safe to keep possession. Who ever is buying will still get one of the leagues best players at possession by lateral circulation :)

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Don't think his injuries should be underestimated either in terms of his development. A long time now it was said he had to play through pain fairly consistently, I don't think that can possibly be helpful in development.

Poch failed to develop him and asked him to play safe to keep possession. Who ever is buying will still get one of the leagues best players at possession by lateral circulation :)

He failed himself let's be honest or just found his level of play after his initial bursting onto the scene.

Plays like an old man in the park, just happy to be on the pitch, make a few safe passes, ask for the ball and passes it straight back. No Pace or power left in his legs to sprint regularly or shoot more than 8 yards away from the goal line.

Winks was actually a progressive passer prior to his big injury and had developed well from when he broke in to the team until that point.

The image of him as an intelligent playballer was completely ended by the Amazon documentary.
Reading the Daily Mail and "It's gonna be real tactical" ended this.

A lot of the people who would be supporting him previously see him differently now.

I think Winks could be a good and effective player in the right system. At least as a squad player and being HG I wouldn't be shocked if he got a fairly big move. Don't think that's the most likely though. Don't think his injuries should be underestimated either in terms of his development. A long time now it was said he had to play through pain fairly consistently, I don't think that can possibly be helpful in development.

I tend to agree with this, he was out for a while and then had further problems with the ankle. Whatever he does seem to have lost confidence in his game and its a big shame because he looked a natural before his injurys came back.

The image of him as an intelligent playballer was completely ended by the Amazon documentary.
Reading the Daily Mail and "It's gonna be real tactical" ended this.

A lot of the people who would be supporting him previously see him differently now.
Sorry I know English isn’t everyone’s first language here, but I’ve no idea what you are getting at?

Sorry I know English isn’t everyone’s first language here, but I’ve no idea what you are getting at?

My point is there is no one left on the pro Winks ship anymore.
Before the documentary all the "proper football men" fans thought he was too lightweight and passed it sideways too much.
The people who still defended him at this point saw him as a misunderstood intelligent ball player who would come good.
Then the documentary happened. He came across about as intelligent as one of the inbetweeners.
The nerds saw him as not one of their own anymore.
Even the extra inch guys want him sold now.

I’ll feel quite sad if / when Winks departs. I really had high hopes for him when he came through, but I’m not sure what happened to him. I don’t think it was just the Mourinho factor, he was on the slide before he came in IMO. Injuries hamper him, diminish his confidence? He just became so safe with his passing and physically, as people have commented, doesn’t seem up to it and gets bullied in the middle of the park.

He goes with good wishes for me. Shame it didn’t work out.

Several things happened to Winks

- Never got enough play time at the right stage of his career (said it before, Skipp played more games last season for Norwich than Winks has ever managed in a single season)
- He's been allowed to hide, this goes back to point 1, Skipp at Norwich, Grealish at Villa, they are the player people look at when they need inspiration, something to happen. Winks has never been that person, he always could hide behind Kane, Son, Eriksen, Toby, Jan, etc. he's never had to step up and carry the side.
- He's natural game is too slow, when pushed, when confident he can play forward, he can cycle the ball, the minute his confidence takes a knock or his form isn't great he retreats into his natural style, slow and sideways.

Nothing to do with Jose, he was on the downside with Poch, I'd say unlike Dele who the talent is clearly still there, I think Winks had highlights to his career but clearly hasn't made the step up.

Looks like Villa or Everton, good luck to him.

Back