• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Who knows what's around the corner. Stability would do us good. Especially if we can build on it. We didn't really last year. Bar Ade, we didn't really make a serious addition to the team.

Levy fought to keep Modric last year. I hope he will this year too, but look for the next step. Not just with the playing personnel but also the management. This may include increasing the budget for an extra coach - as at United a quality number 2, someone who could be a number one in their own right. Or if there is another manager available, bringing them in. It would need to be a pretty big name to inspire the playing staff, Modric and Bale, who will be converted this summer, no doubt.

Last edited:
Modric imho wouldn't be a big loss at all. I wanted him gone as soon as he declared he wanted to leave tbh but that isn't the reason.

Those type of players imo are vastly overrated in this league. You can get by just fine without a 'Modric' type player that might be integral in terms of keeping the ball moving but doesn't contribute in terms of goals and direct assists. The players that succeed in this league are the Lampard type players. Direct players that posses strength and an eye for goal (and are pretty good in everything else). Modric is good at dictating the game which would own in La Liga or Seria A but in this league it's good to have but not the be all and end all. I guarantee if we replaced him with a player like Sigurddson (Lampard mk 2) we'd be far more direct and more of a goal threat.

Bale on the other hand would be a massive loss.

I agree with everything you wrote there kingdawson modric is obviously very good but we could be fine with a different sort of midfielder infact i think we would be better with someone like sigguardson who offered a goal threat and is more direct running.

Modric imho wouldn't be a big loss at all. I wanted him gone as soon as he declared he wanted to leave tbh but that isn't the reason.

Those type of players imo are vastly overrated in this league. You can get by just fine without a 'Modric' type player that might be integral in terms of keeping the ball moving but doesn't contribute in terms of goals and direct assists. The players that succeed in this league are the Lampard type players. Direct players that posses strength and an eye for goal (and are pretty good in everything else). Modric is good at dictating the game which would own in La Liga or Seria A but in this league it's good to have but not the be all and end all. I guarantee if we replaced him with a player like Sigurddson (Lampard mk 2) we'd be far more direct and more of a goal threat.

Bale on the other hand would be a massive loss.

the thing with Modric is you would never be able to replace him like for like - but you do not need to have a Modric type central midfielder in order to be successful, you can change the way the midfield are set up and not miss him that much - he's a great player, quality in fact and in a top team he would flourish, but we can get on just fine without him

I'll be disappointed if he's not fired within 12 hours. We need someone to take over until the end of the season, Harry has lost it.

Can't see anything but more misery unless something changes.

Here's what I would do, sack Redknapp tomorrow morning, and get Hoddle in to see out the season. After the season is over make Hoddle Director of Football, and get Rodgers in who has a similar philosophy as a COACH. We need to establish a philosophy at the club and I believe together Hoddle and Rodgers could do it.

If Modric wants to stay let him, if not sell to highest bidder. And only sell if we get around 45 million. Then reinvest the funds into the team. I would buy Joe Allen, Vertonghen, and Vorm for starters. Bring Caulker back, and let the old guys go. So our CB's are Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen, and Caulker. The first 2 are more physical and the last 2 are more of the 'sweeper' type that can play out from the back. Vorm is also a keeper who can play the ball out of the back very effectively.

I think I would also buy Siggurdson as competition for VDV. Bring Corluka back as competition for Walker, and Corluka can cover at CB as well. Milos Krasic already said he should have come to Spurs so get him in as cover/competition for Lennon. There is a big list of players to leave but I'm not going to bother with that right now. We have to work toward assembling a squad of players, not just a first team.

Finally we need some quality strikers, it seems the club are interested in Remy and Leandro, but we do need 2 strikers in during the summer window.

All that is only possible if we sell Modric I believe. If we could get 50 million from City or something, then we can buy Allen, Vorm, Vertonghen, Leandro, and Remy for around for around 20 million net. I may be wrong but I think Krasic is nearing the end of his contract at Juve? He is only 27 as well so perfect if we can get him for a low fee or for free, very talented player. Then we have the option of Krasic, Bale, Lennon, and Remy on the wings.

Finally IF we make CL we should spend on a marquee signing like Hazard/Muniain/Erickson/Lucas Moura or someone. I've watched 3 of them but I'm sure our club has a good idea of world talents and who would work for us.

I'm not sure how much of that would be possible with our cash flow situation but the sale of Modric would undoubtedly be necessary to complete our squad and we need a complete squad next season. Not a big deal really cause he is playing like he doesn't want to be here anyway so we aren't losing out.

Wow, the drama queens are out tonight

- Harry is going to leave us in a mess, really?

Club has no significant debt, best squad in decades, worst finish will probably still be a European place (remember those days so long ago where any Eruopean football was great?), yes some older players, but none on long term contracts, training facilities coming on line, new stadium plan approved and starting at some point.

Yes the season hasn't turned out right, and a lot has to do with Harry from the perspective of not his team/tactics, but the eventual distraction caused by the circus of english press via his trial and this stupid fudging england manager job.

People can bitch about us not buying in January, but why would Levy spend big on players that one manager wants, if another is most likely going to be here in sub 6 months?

Lost opportunity = yes, but long term the club will be fine.

If England dont hire Redknapp, I am sure he'll stay here as I dont know how Levy would sack him. Imagine the media back lash, payout for Redknapp and coaching team to go and most likely compensation to get new staff. For anyone thinking we could get rid of him today, we'd lose potential compo and wouldnt be able to hire a proper replacement. It could easily be a Wolves like disaster.

His entire handling of the England vacancy has fudged us over. Granted the players should be more professional and not let it affect them but Levy and Harry should have gone to the FA, tell them that Harry will publicly announce he has no interest in the job even though he wants to bend over backwards for it and then when the season ends lie as he always does and take it anyway.

I would be happy with AVB. I know a lot of people wouldnt but he did well at Porto and would have time to build something

Arry dropped kicked the day after Fulham having finished 6th with no European football. Hopefully the FA come in for him saving us the compesation cost.

AVB in the same week (Levy to commence negotiations already and simply do the formalities afterwards). The former in turn can begin drawing up his transfer targets already.

Finalise all out transfers a.s.a.p. before the Euros and subsequent inflated fees and whoring agents selling dross who had half a decent game and/or scored a goal (see Swansea, Sigurdsson, Odemwingwe, etc.)

Be patient during our next transition season and brace for a solid push the year afrer

I agree with the op except that we also need competition for Modric kf he stays. They guy has become complacent and now believes hat he is bigger than the club.

If Levy doesn't want Harry in his office first thing this morning there's something seriously wrong, there is no explanation for the debacle ofyesterday other than harry had no answers to the questions Chelsea put to him. A 93rd minute substitution of Parker for Sandro at 5-1 is not the answer harry.

If Levy doesn't want Harry in his office first thing this morning there's something seriously wrong, there is no explanation for the debacle ofyesterday other than harry had no answers to the questions Chelsea put to him. A 93rd minute substitution of Parker for Sandro at 5-1 is not the answer harry.

I thought that was a smart move. Parker might have seen red in the final minutes of a match already lost.

I'd love to hear him come out now with his comments about being linked with the England job. A month or two ago he was getting his mates in the press to ask him about it and write articles on a daily basis. The clown is losing credibility with every game we play and if the FA dont take him, Levy needs to get rid of him and bring in someone who can build something. Am fed up of seeing a team with no formation and structure and not playing to their potential. A top class manager would be able to build a serious good team around Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart, even before you add in the likes of Parker, Adebayor etc. Most managers would kill to have players like that at their disposal. And every transfer window it gets worse...we bring in more and more 33+ year olds and Bale and Modric are another window closer to losing patience and buggering off

The day after the season ends Levy needs to act

THATS THE PROBLEM - WE DONT. HE DOESNT. People keep on talking about Harry doing X and Y but ultimately it is Levy who has to act quickly on getting in players.

Walk?

He should be released irrespective - although if he had any dignity and respect - would have resigned himself and not demanded compensation. Yeah right.

"Nah, at the start of the season who would've thought Spurs would be in the Top 6? They had 2 points from 8 games when I took over, and Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are top, top sides, y'know, t'riffic teams. If the chairman brings in the right players, y'know, who knows? Y'know maybe we could have another crack at breaking into that top 5, cuz there are a lot of good teams up there."

Back