• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
One thing I don't understand is when we are chasing a game, why Harry doesn't put Bale to left back and tell the holder to hold. That way he could put on a player like Kranky to increase our attacking options and Bale could still go forward and provide the width.

Agree with this. It should have happened at Sunderland when O'Neill was leaving Ekotto in acres of space. Bale would've had yards to run into if he'd been switched there that day.

THATS THE PROBLEM - WE DONT. HE DOESNT. People keep on talking about Harry doing X and Y but ultimately it is Levy who has to act quickly on getting in players.

I'll refer to my post earlier in this thread....again, anyone care to disagree with my analysis now?

A reminder of my post the other day:

What is Harry to Spurs? fudge all.

He's a HIRED EMPLOYEE WHO COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING fudge ABOUT OUR CLUB.

Tired? Why aren't Wigan or Man Utd or Arsenal or Saudi Sportswashing Machine players tired? If we are tired why? Failure of the management.

Injured? Why? If we have injuries to key players such as Lennon why not have cover? ONE fudging RIGHT WINGER WITH PACE AT THE CLUB??

fudge off.

Centre Back?? We have a 34 year old, a bloke with no knees and another bloke who has been injured for the whole season, and Kaboul, who has come on leaps to be fair.

We sign who?? RYAN fudging NELSON?

fudge off

Defoe has been marginalised, we have a system that replies on ONE player we don't even own.

4 years in at the end of the season and the squad depth of fudging brick and we need 3 centre backs, two wingers, and 3 strikers plus a goalie who aint about to draw his fudging pension.

FOR THE LOVE OF GHod!!

If you think Harry is not at fault, who the fudge is?

And on top of it all he is hitching his leg to the FA and he has been a massive distraction in the past 2 months. Harry will do what's right for Harry, we need to do what's right for Spurs.

That comment about mid table today was the last straw for me. fudging joke. I thought we could challenge for the league, and we then fudge up in January whilst Everton get Jelavic and Samba goes to some Russian outpost. Now we're to be grateful that we aint mid table?

This season can be OVER in the next week if we don't get 3 wins...OVER.

Any there is only ONE man to blame.

So.....out of the FA Cup and utterly humiliated in front of a global audience?

Great!!

P.S - Bye Bye Totman :)

He should be forever grateful we gave him the opportunity to manage a proper club once in his life

Agreed. His mates in the media dont realise this - watch what happens if we sack harry...all the reports will be about how he has been hard done by etc etc

Doesn't matter at all. We've had managers like Hoddle who couldn't have cared more and failed. Harry 'doesn't give a fudge' and has us challenging for 4th every year. Whatever you think about whether that's success or not, how much he cares about the club is irrelevant.

Tired? Why aren't Wigan or Man Utd or Arsenal or Saudi Sportswashing Machine players tired? If we are tired why? Failure of the management.

Don't think tiredness is really the issue to be honest, and I don't think anyone is using that as a real excuse.

Injured? Why? If we have injuries to key players such as Lennon why not have cover? ONE fudging RIGHT WINGER WITH PACE AT THE CLUB??

Any team will struggle with key players that are crucial to the system getting injured. Especially at a club like ours, with less of a budget and less of a pull in terms of wages of Champions League games to convince a player to come here and possibly not start every game. It's not that easy to find a quality winger that will come knowing they have Bale and Lennon to compete with. We could sign any old crap winger from League 2 because they have pace and play on the right, but that's not exactly the point is it? Therefore the decision has to be made to play someone out there, like Rafa or Niko. Even though it's not ideal, we have to make do because we are a club on a budget. We could try for a young player and maybe we will get one in the summer, who is willing to rotate and wait for a chance. But there has to be a balance between getting any old player with pace, and finding an actual good footballer who also has all the other aspects of his game required at this level.

fudge off.

Centre Back?? We have a 34 year old, a bloke with no knees and another bloke who has been injured for the whole season, and Kaboul, who has come on leaps to be fair.

We sign Nelsen as 5th choice back up. I'm not sure who else you thought we could have got in January to be honest. Bassong had declined as was not worth playing. We've been unlucky with injuries to Dawson and Gallas, but as a 5th choice centre back, on a short term deal, Nelsen is not a bad shout. We will have Caulker coming back in the summer and can sign someone else then, and I'm sure we will. If not, Caulker, Dawson, Kaboul and King as a 4th choice to wheel out when neccessary is not a bad list of options anyway.

fudge off

Defoe has been marginalised, we have a system that replies on ONE player we don't even own.

Defoe perhaps could have played more, but to get the best out of him that means going 4-4-2, which everyone has now decided is the worst formation ever, even though it's the one we played when we got 4th. To be honest maybe the reason 4-4-2 worked then is because we had both Huddlestone and Modric in the middle, who were naturally more patient and inclined to keep the ball, and therefore we were under less pressure. But in any case, we have genuinely gone 4-4-2 when chasing games apart from Norwich. Just a couple of weeks back, everyone was on Harry's case for 'parking the bus' against Sunderland! He can't win! Someone will probably say 'yes, but it's about getting the right tactics for the right games' and that's absolutely right, but we don't have a devine right to win every game and every manager will lose occasionally. My point is that you can't say we have no system or one that leaves us too open one second and then get on his back for being too defensive the next. It's ridiculous. We don't own Adebayor but he's a mobile striker who is able to hold the ball up and create chances. I'd rather we had him than not. If he goes in the summer we can get someone else in and play a different system. No biggie.

4 years in at the end of the season and the squad depth of fudging brick and we need 3 centre backs, two wingers, and 3 strikers plus a goalie who aint about to draw his fudging pension.

We have a great squad, full of value if we need to sell key players to rebuild, and there are players out there that can help us. We will always be looking for that one extra quality player that will move us on to another level and so would any team. That's the reality of being on a budget as well. The players that need to be moved on are young enough that they can be sold for value, the old players can be released, and the key players if they have to be sold can net us absolute fortunes. We can rebuild. If our carcas is picked off, it's because we do have a talented team (built by Harry) that's suffered some serious back luck and hasn't been clinical enough and therefore hasn't reached it's objectives. It will be a shame but we will rebuild and go again. We aren't bankrolled by oil money and don't have a massive stadium. We have to have expectations in line with that.

FOR THE LOVE OF GHod!!

And on top of it all he is hitching his leg to the FA and he has been a massive distraction in the past 2 months. Harry will do what's right for Harry, we need to do what's right for Spurs.

I think he could have publicly denied any interest in the job while privately saying he would consider it if an offer was made, to try and remove some uncertainty to the players. But maybe no one would have believed him. Maybe he couldn't lie to players that he would soon be managing. I don't know, I think it could have been handled better and it has had an effect. Our play is more uncertain. We are less clinical. It's a massive shame but at the end of the day if Capello doesn't resign and Terry doesn't be an absolute **** this probably wouldn't be an issue.

That comment about mid table today was the last straw for me. fudging joke. I thought we could challenge for the league, and we then fudge up in January whilst Everton get Jelavic and Samba goes to some Russian outpost. Now we're to be grateful that we aint mid table?

Everton had been tracking Jelavic for years and Samba went for the money. Besides, why would Jelavic want to join potentially to not even be first choice in a Euro year?

He put us in the position in the first place. I think the England situation could have been handled better but there was hardly a precedent for that kind of situation, and there's no telling what consequences would have come about had he outright denied any interest. Given what he has said in the past maybe no one would have believed him for a second, and in any case it really shouldn't stop the players from doing their jobs.

One criticism I do have of him is that he will sometimes 'go for it' and leave us too open in big games, leading to hammerings. Maybe that's the only thing coming from a smaller club and having less big club experience has hindered him on. Bigger clubs tend to be more patient but he's more willing to open us up. But then again, he went 4-4-2 the season we got 4th in big, tough games and we won all of them. So it's a gamble that can sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.

Great!!

Wow, the drama queens are out tonight

- Harry is going to leave us in a mess, really?

Club has no significant debt, best squad in decades, worst finish will probably still be a European place (remember those days so long ago where any Eruopean football was great?), yes some older players, but none on long term contracts, training facilities coming on line, new stadium plan approved and starting at some point.

the very best of which will be off the moment we don't achieve THEIR dream of CL football... do you really think Bale, Modric, VdV and Ade want another season of Europa League... just 'cos SOME of us were brought up in an era when UEFA Cup football was actually an achievement, and a competition worth competing in, doesn't mean thaqt the current generation of 'Football Started in 1992' feel the same way...
We've been spoilt by the riches of what football can provide... a bit of fudging humility and reality wouldn't go a miss... European football is still European football... just 'cos they don't play fudging faux Operatic walk-on music before each game, and toss on about the 'glamour' of playing the 4th best team in each country doesn't make it any less of a competition...

In my mind, football died the day they ditched the European Cup Winners Cup!!

fudge off.

fudge off

FOR THE LOVE OF GHod!!

Great!!

Suddenly the 5-1 defeat isnt hurting as much anymore.

Last edited:
Personally, I've never had this hate of Harry that some people have. No matter what you think of him, he HAS made us a much better team than we were when he came in. However, with Harry we will always be in the second band of teams, just below United, City, Arsenal etc, and that is because he's simply not a winner.

Unlike the Fergies, Wengers, Mancinis of this world, he doesn't know how to prepare a team for a title run in. It was plain to see. He didn't bring in any quality players in January, wasn't sure about squad rotation, and faffed about with tactics at the wrong time. United and Arsenal haven't got much better squads than us, but their managers are simply so much more experienced, knowing about the run-in to the season, and that is why we've fallen away and they've just got stronger and stronger.

I'll always be grateful to Harry for where he has got us, but if we really want to push on and compete at the very top, rather than challenging for 4th and the occasional cup, we need a winner of a manager. And that is why I've said on another thread that I want AVB in. And I don't buy all the flimflam about us not being able to challenge until we have a new stadium. The potential is there, we have some top players, and we saw in the first half of the season just how good we can be. What we now need is a manager who can get those players to fulfill the potential over the whole of a season, rather than just the first half.

What if, and this could happen, the FA reappoint Hoddle and at the end of the season Levy sacks Redknap for our disastrous decline since xmas, on a bright note it would give Arry the chance to learn how to read and write send e-mails and text messages.

What if, and this could happen, the FA reappoint Hoddle and at the end of the season Levy sacks Redknap for our disastrous decline since xmas, on a bright note it would give Arry the chance to learn how to read and write send e-mails and text messages.

I'd fudging laugh my ass off... Harry would turn up at Spurs Lodge next August 'cos he didn't realise he wasn't needed any more, simply 'cos he couldn't fudging understand the e-mail that said "YOU'RE SACKED YOU OVERRATED ****... AND YES, YOU'RE A WHEELER-DEALER... NOW FARK ORF out of our club and fluffy bunnies cuddling some other media tacos who want a cheeky ****ney soundbite!"

the very best of which will be off the moment we don't achieve THEIR dream of CL football... do you really think Bale, Modric, VdV and Ade want another season of Europa League... just 'cos SOME of us were brought up in an era when UEFA Cup football was actually an achievement, and a competition worth competing in, doesn't mean thaqt the current generation of 'Football Started in 1992' feel the same way...
We've been spoilt by the riches of what football can provide... a bit of fudging humility and reality wouldn't go a miss... European football is still European football... just 'cos they don't play fudging faux Operatic walk-on music before each game, and toss on about the 'glamour' of playing the 4th best team in each country doesn't make it any less of a competition...

In my mind, football died the day they ditched the European Cup Winners Cup!!

Doesn't change the fact that they are currently Tottenham Players and if they did decide to leave, would probably pay for half of our new stadium and cut our wage bill significantly. While I perfer to have a CL playing team with said players, the drama queens are overdoing the club in disaster brick.

People also need to do a reality check and understand that the clubs we are competing against can afford to pay players more than our maximum wage to play for someone else (Adebayor) or pay a player of the quality of Berbatov/Tevez/Torres to sit on bench, not feature. Any team above us, or likely to finish above us is paying at least 2X our wages.

Doesn't change the fact that they are currently Tottenham Players and if they did decide to leave, would probably pay for half of our new stadium and cut our wage bill significantly. While I perfer to have a CL playing team with said players, the drama queens are overdoing the club in disaster brick.

People also need to do a reality check and understand that the clubs we are competing against can afford to pay players more than our maximum wage to play for someone else (Adebayor) or pay a player of the quality of Berbatov/Tevez/Torres to sit on bench, not feature. Any team above us, or likely to finish above us is paying at least 2X our wages.

Actually some of the other clubs can not afford to pay these wages but i guess that is a whole other story. Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea even with champs league football do not make enough to cover the wages they pay their stars. If the financial fair play thing ever comes in then maybe it will even things out a bit.

Actually some of the other clubs can not afford to pay these wages but i guess that is a whole other story. Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea even with champs league football do not make enough to cover the wages they pay their stars. If the financial fair play thing ever comes in then maybe it will even things out a bit.

It truely would be a great moment in football, but I think we all know it will never happen, FIFA/UEFA are corrupt and are not going to do anything to restrict their cash cows.

It truely would be a great moment in football, but I think we all know it will never happen, FIFA/UEFA are corrupt and are not going to do anything to restrict their cash cows.

I liken it to the drugs in my second favourite sport cycling. People say if you got rid of the drugs the cycling would be to slow, not realising that what cycling fans like is not the speed but the difference in tactics between different cyclists and the cat and mouse games, the time difference is not important.

In football i do not think people care so much about man u and real madrid, maybe the people in manchester and madrid but the millions of "fans" in asia would be just as happy supporting hull if hull were winning, they are buying into the product of englands national game not the actual teams.

Does not really matter to me who is at the top, but if the fair play came in and you had going into the last 2 weeks of the season 5 or 6 teams who could all win the league it would be so much more interesting also if it changed on a yearly basis i imagine it would make for even better stories for sky sports to promote. I could not care less if it were sheff wednesday, forest, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, leeds, barnsley or millwall at the top and i really do not think the fans would mind, if anything i think they would prefer it.

I liken it to the drugs in my second favourite sport cycling. People say if you got rid of the drugs the cycling would be to slow, not realising that what cycling fans like is not the speed but the difference in tactics between different cyclists and the cat and mouse games, the time difference is not important.

In football i do not think people care so much about man u and real madrid, maybe the people in manchester and madrid but the millions of "fans" in asia would be just as happy supporting hull if hull were winning, they are buying into the product of englands national game not the actual teams.

Does not really matter to me who is at the top, but if the fair play came in and you had going into the last 2 weeks of the season 5 or 6 teams who could all win the league it would be so much more interesting also if it changed on a yearly basis i imagine it would make for even better stories for sky sports to promote. I could not care less if it were sheff wednesday, forest, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, leeds, barnsley or millwall at the top and i really do not think the fans would mind, if anything i think they would prefer it.

Probably technically correct, the issue is, millions of dollars have been spent creating "brand awareness" and marketing strategies around a few key clubs in the world (Barca/Madrid/Manure/Cheat$ki/Scum/Pool/Milan/Inter), I live in the US and every ad targeted towards "soccer fans" somehow ties back to those brands (for merchandise or for cable/streaing).

FIFA/UEFA have built these cash cows, I honestly believe we will never see any real fair play rules/restrictions, the only thing that might/could save football is the formation of a European Football Super League where all the sugar daddy clubs and fiscal cheats go play with each other and leave the domestic leagues to clubs that operate in normal fiscal boundaries.

Both bassong and corluka did well for us the season we got 4th so they have proved themselves, i would hold off on them till i see who we can get in.

frankly i would get rid of
gomes
krancjar
king and galls retire and free
rose(migh get a little fee)
klumo
dos santos
bale
modric
jenas
bentley
piennar

i would also get rid of vdv if we could convince fulham to sell us dembele, apart from the first 2 months with us i have not been overly impressed with vdv, seems we have to play to him all the time and it effects the rest of the team

Have no problem with bale and modric going and this would be the best time to do it with years left on their contracts we can hopefully get 70-80m for them and that could bring us in 4 or 5 really good players.

Congratulations, you just sold Bale, our back up LM and our utility midfielder that can play LM. Pienaar and Kranj are better than most of the LMs people want to bring in... We got them for virtually nothing and won't get huge fees for them even if they make a profit. Most people are talking about Moyes coming in, you're selling Everton's best current player.... Rose would be 4th in that position, assuming the new manager doesn't like Bentley or GDS.

Just for added lolz, you're getting rid of VDV, our 3rd most talented player (after the other 2 you're selling) and we got him dirt cheap, so you're not going to get a great fee for him either. Also, he's our only penalty taker when Ade goes.

Even in an ideal world, the players we're trying to sell out of that list are on wages that make them not mind sticking around, for the most part we'd make significant losses on the majority of those guys even if we could shift them.

You also seem to have decimated our squad. It will take a year for a new team to have time to learn how to play together, you saw Sunderland under Bruce. But that assumes you'll be able to buy a decent first team with all this money. Liverpool managed to spend about 125 million on utter brick. The one good thing about Moyes is he's used to dealing with no funds, so if he buys a brick player at Everton, he can't go out and buy another one, he's got to be sure about his transfer targets.

So what is it we're going to be left with?

Friedel.
Walker, Kaboul, Caulker, BAE.
Lennon, Hudds, Parker, Sandro.
Defoe, Saha.

Townsend, Falque, Nelson, Livermore, Corluka, Bassong.

Ignoring Bale and Modric being sold, we'd have an optimistic 16 million to buy squad players from all the squad players we sold. Just to put that into perspective, this is Arsenal's squad for this season and Arsenal don't have a squad.

Squad List

Goalkeepers
Almunia Szczesny Fabianski

Defenders
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Koscielny Andre Santos Squillaci Djourou Jenkinson Gibbs Miquel

Midfielders
Diaby Arteta Ramsey Song Wheelchair Frimpong Coquelin Rosicky Chamberlain Benayoun

Strikers
Park van Persie Walcott Gervinho Chamakh

Arsenal have the thinnest squad in the top third of the league as far as strength in depth goes. They get to a certain point and just pick up 16 year old boys off the street after that. You have 17 players, Arsenal's squad for this year has 28, so just to compete with "I don't want to buy another left back or loan one, we are playing midfielders there and doing fine" Wenger, you need to buy 11 players and not just any 11 players, you need to target specific positions. They're allowed clowns like Squillaci, Almunia and Fabianski. They're also allowed Park, Miquel, Coquelin and Chamakh... They even get Diaby, Gibbs and other players that would struggle to play 1/6 as often as King does... So I'm not saying the entire squad has to be world class, but you're selling our squad and we're going to lose some key members of the first team. Interestingly, you have kept the parts of the best 11 that don't win matches. You can't help Ade returning to Emirates Marketing Project, but you've left yourself the most expensive buys to make.

What you have done is taken away our sprinkling of world class and kept the rest. Your entire strategy to improve the team is to turn us into a selling club.
](*,)

Back