• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Well, the likelihood is increasing that the FA won't give 'Arry the job. In which case, they might decide to just write this Euro 2012 tournament off as a loss, with Pearce in charge, and focus on recruiting someone after it's over. In which case we'd be left hamstrung, as more than half the summer iwll have flown by while we dither about waiting for someone to lift 'Arry off our hands.

For our sake, levy needs to act decisively, and get 'Arry out as early as possible. Maybe a maximum of four weeks after the season ends, if England don't want him.

You're a Spurs fan. People will look at the league, see us in 4th above Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool. FA Cup Semi Final. Harry is still a GHod. The FA cup show on ITV was pushing for Harry. The public want Harry...

The important thing is that the next manager will be English. Woy couldn't turn a brick Liverpool into champions of the world, he can't be good enough. We'll ignore his record and abilities.

Pardew has ruled himself out. The majority of the country still want Harry anyway.

Pearce is lovable but not as lovable as Harry, besides, Harry took lowly Tottenham from dead certs to be relegated and turned 11 year old girls into CL contenders.

Fat Sam He doesn't play the beautiful football Harry got Tottenham to play.

Warnock is in the Championship with Fat Sam, people have probably forgotten him already.

Steve Bruce got sacked from Sunderland, they brought in someone new that made the same squad into epic challengers to Liverpool. Surely the credit for the squad must go to the man that got them playing, not the man that put it together.

Who else is in the running? I'm sure that no one is going to be more popular than Harry before the England job comes around. The country will ignore his relegation form and want him anyway.

We've had 6 months of everyone saying "it's got to be Harry". "Yeah, Harry"... The country isn't going to stop and say "whoops, we dodged a bullet, what were we all thinking?" The media has created a situation in which everyone is going to be a sheep.

That said, if Harry motivates the England players, people will get exactly what they want. Appointed by the public means Harry doesn't have huge standards to live up to. He can fudge the first tournament up in the worst way imaginable and excuses will be made because he had no time to prepare. He only has to score goals against extremely weak teams in the group stages of the world cup and the country will be happy with their choice. Harry is more than capable of motivating Rooney, Ferdinand, etc... They all wanted him. If he walks into training after the England players have selected him on Twitter, the first part of his job is done.

The only way he can fudge us up from there is by playing:

Walker, Caulker, Dawson

Lennon, Hudds, Parker

Defoe

In fairness, Harry's price is dropping. Levy won't be in a position to make demands and neither will Harry. If our season continues this way, we'll lose 5 mil or so from what we would have got for him.

I think we need to replace on age grounds are King, Gallas and Nelsen.

Parker player/manager with King as assistant? :p

I want Xavi if we go down that route. :p

Dos Santos for some reason I feel should have played a lot more this season under the right guidance.

When was his last bad game? His last game was a MotM performance for him in the cup with Defoe stealing one of his goals. He comes off a bit like Taraabt but way more a team player and less likely to do something Balotelli stupid, maybe even like Kevin Prince Boeteng. Misused, mismanaged and cast off. That said Guardiola gets like that, a number of squad players that actually played regularly said they'd never play for him again... Either he likes you or he doesn't, GDS doesn't even play regularly. But Harry is supposed to be all about man management.

However, either this pre-season or next, we will need a top quality goal keeper. This depends on whether we can get one more season out of Friedel, and I don't see why not. It's not as if his performances have slipped.

Friedel is fine. Use money elsewhere in the summer but look out for a goalkeeper and get one next summer if we find a good one, else Friedel will be good enough to play another season, then he wants to retire.

We will need to replace Modric. He'll probably want to go and I don't really blame him. Plus I'd rather have the money at this point - it's been shown that having him doesn't exclude as from amazing dips in form, so we may as well get 2 or 3 quality players in for the money we can get for him. There should be a fair few creative midfielders around though, they are all the rage because the Barca model is getting adopted everywhere, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone.

Your logic is "everyone wants Xavi clones, so it'll be easy to find a Xavi clone, because everyone wants one or three".

A striker able to play upfront on his own probably will be. That will be a struggle, but it's a struggle for every team.

Yes, it's insane. Chelsea have one that they bought a long time ago and still can't replace him. Man United have Rooney (short), Welbeck (can't finish), Berbatov (SAF doesn't like him)... Emirates Marketing Project have Dzeko 30 million and can't shoot unless he's 4 yards out. Balotelli (words aren't required), Tevez (short), Aguero (short, not physically strong).... Arsenal have RVP (more false 9 than target man). Liverpool have Carroll (LOL), Sunderland have Bentner (on loan from Arsenal and he's brick, utter brick)... So Drogba seems to be the PL's lone striker of choice. If Chelsea don't offer him 2 years instead of 1, he's leaving. (He's their only good lone striker, they'll offer him 2 years.)

For the record, Emirates Marketing Project will have Ade again and to be honest, he is one of the best PL strikers in that role. It's insanely difficult to find strikers that can do a dozen things to an extremely high standard.

BTW I think Parker is very fit and because he doesn't rely on pace or agility is the sort of player who can play on for another two or three years so no problem there AFAIC. Especially as the hope would be Sandro supercedes him sooner rather than later.

Yes and no. He relies on stamina, he runs all match. He can become our Makalele, someone aging designed to only be wheeled out from time to time when we need him, not someone that plays every game... Ironically Makalele was too important to only be wheeled out for the big games, but still, his intended role can work for Parker as he ages, he'll just need rests.

Lennon - Has a few seasons him

He's 25 today, it's his birthday. 25... He can keep going for more than just a few seasons, I know he relies on pace, but if Bale gets 10 seasons, why does Lennon only get "a few"? :p Going to convert Bale to a striker on his 28th birthday?

One thing I don't understand is when we are chasing a game, why Harry doesn't put Bale to left back and tell the holder to hold. That way he could put on a player like Kranky to increase our attacking options and Bale could still go forward and provide the width.

Harry comes from the school of thought that if you are losing, you want a goalkeeper, 4 defenders and 6 strikers on the pitch, because surely with 6 strikers you'll score goals... Nevermind there won't be a midfield to create, protect or work possession.

I am fully expecting us to lose Modric but I expect us to keep hold of Bale and VdV.

If we stay 4th and finish ahead of Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, where would he go? Chelsea won't have Champions League football, Man United will get Scholes again and don't pay huge fees, so that only leaves Emirates Marketing Project. But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are more likely to finish in 4th than Chelsea. Chelsea will lose at Arsenal and the match at Standford Bridge will be their play off... Saudi Sportswashing Machine better win it because they'll lose to City on the last day of the season if the title race isn't over by then. But this just highlights how the ref that fudged Saudi Sportswashing Machine by not sending off Luiz that made Saudi Sportswashing Machine suffer their first home defeat of the season to Chelsea could cost Saudi Sportswashing Machine 40 million+.

Now in fairness, Emirates Marketing Project could build a beautiful technical team of:

Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Modric, Yaya Toure, David Silva, Aguero, Nasri, Tevez. In a 4-2-3-1 that team beats the brick out of anything as long as the ex Arsenal players remember how to pass.

They might go for it.

I think if a 40 mil+ offer comes in, we might let him go. But I don't know if that offer is going to come anyway, so we don't have to worry about it yet anyway, at the end of the season we can see what happens. Also, the Euros are this year. This summer, people will buy flavours of the month from the Euros. If Modric gets in the tournament XI, he might get bought, but I think Croatia are in the group of death. (Which is a shame, I was going to support them after England went out.)

The players that succeed in this league are the Lampard type players. Direct players that posses strength and an eye for goal (and are pretty good in everything else). Modric is good at dictating the game which would own in La Liga or Seria A but in this league it's good to have but not the be all and end all. I guarantee if we replaced him with a player like Sigurddson (Lampard mk 2) we'd be far more direct and more of a goal threat.

What you are saying is not crazy. I would make a couple of tweaks though, those players get all the glory. Paul "man of the match every week and singlehandedly winning the title for United" Scholes got his glory late on and he scored more goals in his prime, he still scores more goals than Modric though.

We would be far more direct and more of a goal threat at the moment if we played Ade, Saha, Kaboul, Nelson, Sandro and went the long ball route and worked on set pieces. But Stoke have the lowest possession in the league, so I'd imagine we'd concede quite often during matches. We'd still have Parker, Bale, BAE, Walker, etc.

At the moment Sigurddson is in crazy form anyway though, so whoever he plays for in this form will score goals, even if Swansea did have a hiccup lately.

Bar Ade, we didn't really make a serious addition to the team.

Which is why we have 50-75 mil to spend, subject to CL football. Without that, we'd still have some money to spend, just nowhere near 75 mil. It'd probably be around 20-25 mil, which is really weak when you consider all the players we've sold, the years we've hardly bought and the money we were prepared to spend in January.

modric is obviously very good but we could be fine with a different sort of midfielder infact i think we would be better with someone like sigguardson who offered a goal threat and is more direct running.

Possession is 9 tenths of the law.

VDV offers a goal threat. We'd have to be careful to avoid the Gerrard/Lampard scenario.

The statement that we'd be better if we traded one of our two arguably world class players for a young, relatively untested attacking midfielder is slightly strange. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Ozil, Pastore, Sahin and Gotze in the same midfield... I appreciate that VDV and Sigguardson could work... But Modric is the one player that tries to turn the tide when we're under pressure and is in a position to do so. Sigguardson isn't someone I've watched more than a few times, so I don't know exactly how good he is, but Modric does so much for us, it's hard to see how we'll cope with such a huge change.

I assume Sigguardson + VDV ends up being GK and back 4 then Lennon and Bale on the flanks. Parker holding with Siggardson ahead of him and VDV ahead of him with Ade ahead of him? Or Siggardson alongside VDV (but with VDV pulled back a bit)? I don't know his best position, only where he plays for Swansea. I know he's scoring goals, but Lampard failed hard when Ancelotti put him at the point in a diamond, he had to revert to 4-3-3 and put Lampard deeper. So I don't know which positions Sigguardson can't play. (In fairness, I have no clue what his tackling is like either.)

People can bitch about us not buying in January, but why would Levy spend big on players that one manager wants, if another is most likely going to be here in sub 6 months?

He tried.

I agree with the op except that we also need competition for Modric kf he stays. They guy has become complacent and now believes hat he is bigger than the club.

That is insane. Although for the record, Hudds will be able to replace Modric when we rest him, preferably with VDV playing too.

We have, but so have Arsenal with injuries to Wheelchair and Diaby.

Diaby was born injured.

Arsenal were actually unlucky with left backs too, Wenger didn't help by refusing to sign anyone even on loan, but he's like that.

the very best of which will be off the moment we don't achieve THEIR dream of CL football... do you really think Bale, Modric, VdV and Ade want another season of Europa League... just 'cos SOME of us were brought up in an era when UEFA Cup football was actually an achievement, and a competition worth competing in, doesn't mean thaqt the current generation of 'Football Started in 1992' feel the same way...

Bale, probably, even if only for a few seasons longer, but I'm confident he'll stay. It's unlikely that Barca or Real Madrid will make an offer for him, so I don't see him being unsettled. Man United wanted him when we signed him but he picked us before we were "good"... That said, we picked him before he was "good"... But it probably suits him to see how things go...

We're going to tinkle him the fudge off when we don't let him go to the Olympics because we have a Champions League qualifier though, so next season he might not be so loyal.

----------

Modric had his big offer come in, he might not get another huge one this summer. But I think we'd let him go this time. He's only going to sign so many contracts before he decides to let a few years run out.

----------

Ade out of our price range. He'd want to stay because he's wanted for once, unlike Real Madrid, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, etc. He just wants to feel loved.... But he doesn't want to feel loved so much that he'd take a 66% wage cut. We can't afford him or even come close. The stadium is to allow us to pay players like Ade double the 70k wage cap we used to have. He's one of the most well paid premier league footballers though, when does his contract end?

------------

VDV will stay. He came here from Real Madrid, he likes not having to deal with tactics and stuff. He likes being the guy that's good enough that he can say what he wants, do what he wants and be a superstar instead of a guy that loses out in club football and international football. (He was so unlucky with that.)

As much as he loves the Champions League nights, he got tinkled off at Harry for leaving him out of the Europa League squad, even though he was meant to be injured (but made one of his amazing recoveries).... He just wants to play, that's why he's here and not on the Real Madrid bench and the Dutch bench.

I completely trust and respect VDV. Plus, he must have taken a hit to his wages to come here...

We have built our team around Bale, VDV and to a lesser extent, Modric.

----------------

Any team above us, or likely to finish above us is paying at least 2X our wages.

This is from the Swissramble.

23%2BNewcastle%2BWages%2BLeague.jpg

We're paying almost double Saudi Sportswashing Machine's wages.

Arsenal are at 124 and we're at 91.

Arsenal have the most fudging retarded setup you could imagine. They reward youth and loyalty (sounds good) over talent (whoops)... So Walcott asks for 100k, they have a wage cap stopping them from being able to offer great wages to their best talents and pay epic wages to absolute brick.

Bentner is number 52 or something, isn't he? Whatever his Arsenal squad number is, that's his wages per week. Just because they're paying more doesn't mean they're spending well.

Does not really matter to me who is at the top, but if the fair play came in and you had going into the last 2 weeks of the season 5 or 6 teams who could all win the league it would be so much more interesting also if it changed on a yearly basis i imagine it would make for even better stories for sky sports to promote. I could not care less if it were sheff wednesday, forest, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, leeds, barnsley or millwall at the top and i really do not think the fans would mind, if anything i think they would prefer it.

Doesn't work like that.

Champions League gets you 50 mil or so.

A huge stadium, sponsorship, etc gets you more money... Your brand grows, your income grows.

What you end up with is a world in which Emirates Marketing Project cannot go from zero to CL... But the PL doesn't care about FFP. The PL winner might get fined or even in an extreme example would have to wait a few years to compete in the CL, but it could still happen. (The waiting years to compete is extremely unlikely.)

But remember what I said about CL money, stadia, sponsorship, etc? If your income is 1 billion dollars and Bristol Rovers has an income of ?ú4, Bristol Rovers are never ever going to be able to compete.

The idea is that Emirates Marketing Project can't buy all the players in the world every year. That part still works. It also protects against clubs going bust if they're in Europe, but overall, it's not a huge game changer as far as "the clubs are the top are harder to catch with each passing year".

FIFA/UEFA have built these cash cows, I honestly believe we will never see any real fair play rules/restrictions, the only thing that might/could save football is the formation of a European Football Super League where all the sugar daddy clubs and fiscal cheats go play with each other and leave the domestic leagues to clubs that operate in normal fiscal boundaries.

We'll see clubs not spend billions they don't have, but they're going to be allowed to absorb 40 mil loses and stuff for a while anyway. But the first step is a fine... That's only if progress is not being made too.

The super league won't happen. You'd need to beat the money from the Premier League, Champions League and beat the history of the cups/leagues/etc. I'd love it if a competition came along with technology and said "Fifa and Uefa have been screwing you guys over. You can have 100 mil per year for competing in this league", but that wouldn't happen either. :p

Nice numbers, a few quick comments

Barcodes wage bill is after the drop, where they specifically went through a wage shedding exercise, they historically have had higher wage bills than us.
Pool's figures are a year old, all those overpriced acquisitions probably have overpriced wages as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if their wage bill is now over the Scum
Villa really has a bad model, damn, just 8M short of ours, but 91% of turnover? Bolton in a bad place as well.

I think the Superleague will happen at some point.

I'm seriously worried that the new stadium will affect our transfer budget in the next few years despite what Levy says, I think it already has affected us!

Our form is terrible at the moment and we all know that, however we still have some very good players and if we can keep them the chances are we still can look forward to next season with hope.

However we have to get rid off Redknapp because if we do not we will find ourselves in the same position next Spring having the same debate.He has been found out and will never take us further then we are now.

Our form is terrible at the moment and we all know that, however we still have some very good players and if we can keep them the chances are we still can look forward to next season with hope.

However we have to get rid off Redknapp because if we do not we will find ourselves in the same position next Spring having the same debate.He has been found out and will never take us further then we are now.

I was convinced after the defeat last night that the FA would make some sort of statement confirming they want to offer HR the England job. They cant derail this season much more

exactly.....its clear the FA want Hodgson but are biding their time whilst Redknapp fcuks up our season and thus his chances of the job. Makes it far easier to employ Hodgson then

I was convinced after the defeat last night that the FA would make some sort of statement confirming they want to offer HR the England job. They cant derail this season much more

I have always thought that the FA will not offer the job to Redknapp, however if it means getting rid of him i hope i am wrong.

I have always thought that the FA will not offer the job to Redknapp, however if it means getting rid of him i hope i am wrong.

The FA is a public opinion fluffy bunnies cuddling, the whole concept of the next manager for England must be Engish shows it, why? what English manager has achieved anything in the last decade?

If Tottenham managers to stumble to a CL spot again this season, Harry is a walk in.

The FA is a public opinion fluffy bunnies cuddling, the whole concept of the next manager for England must be Engish shows it, why? what English manager has achieved anything in the last decade?

If Tottenham managers to stumble to a CL spot again this season, Harry is a walk in.

I disagree the last time the FA allowed the press to pick a messiah they ended up with KK, i doubt very much that they will make the same mistake again.

I disagree the last time the FA allowed the press to pick a messiah they ended up with KK, i doubt very much that they will make the same mistake again.

Haha! Good one...

If it's one thing I've learned to trust in the world of football it's the ability of the English FA to consistently fudge up in just about every way imaginable.

Keep it up Jamie, we need more of this, fudging lots today and plenty tomorrow. Keep the fire stoked so this saggy taco gets to fudge in the summer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Redknapp-Dad-Harry-has-not-heard-from-FA.html

JAMIE REDKNAPP says his dad Harry being England boss would make him so proud.

The ex-Liverpool star says Redknapp snr is yet to hear from the FA about the job.

Pundit Redknapp, 38, says his old man, 65, has been fantastic as Tottenham boss.

He said: “The public want him. I am his son and will support him.

“If England ask, he’d think about it. But at the moment, no one at the FA is being pro-active. It is not long to the Euros and we haven’t got a manager.”

Jamie also told how a huge weight had been lifted from the family after the acquittal of dad Harry in his February fraud case.

He said: “It’s been an emotional time, not something I’ve enjoyed.

“He is my dad and to see him go through that was not a great experience. It’s a relief.”

What a bozo - so he's basically suggesting the FA should be pro-active and appoint him tomorrow so that England stand half a chance of drawing a game or two.

Bet they're bricking themselves now after he got found out by Norwich, Stevenage, Sunderland and any other semi-decent team who managed to decypher his earth-shifting tactics of 'VdV in the hole'.

fudge OFF

Please let them come in for him and pay the compensation - Levy would be laughing his **** off and so he should

Back