• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
New to the forum. Been reading a long time but never post. After today I am completely fudged off. Harry has completely done us over. They should have locked the tax cheating **** up. I think Wenger would do a better job.

I can't see Levy firing Harry, not while there is still a chance that England will come calling and pay compo. But Harry must know that his time at Spurs is up, one way or the other. If England opt for someone else then Levy will have no hesitation in letting him go.

I agree

we are in a bit of a mess

but then Redknapp is good at leaving clubs in a mess

Deadwood we need to shift (well they are deadwood under Redknapp):

- Gomes
- Corluka
- Bentley
- Jenas
- Giovani Dos Santos
- Bassong

That's a lot of work. And we will have to probably have to take a hit on some of those if not all.

Both bassong and corluka did well for us the season we got 4th so they have proved themselves, i would hold off on them till i see who we can get in.

frankly i would get rid of
gomes
krancjar
king and galls retire and free
rose(migh get a little fee)
klumo
dos santos
bale
modric
jenas
bentley
piennar

i would also get rid of vdv if we could convince fulham to sell us dembele, apart from the first 2 months with us i have not been overly impressed with vdv, seems we have to play to him all the time and it effects the rest of the team

Have no problem with bale and modric going and this would be the best time to do it with years left on their contracts we can hopefully get 70-80m for them and that could bring us in 4 or 5 really good players.

Deadwood we need to shift (well they are deadwood under Redknapp):

- Gomes
- Corluka
- Bentley
- Jenas
- Giovani Dos Santos
- Bassong

That's a lot of work. And we will have to probably have to take a hit on some of those if not all.

and NONE of em are Harrys signings. Except Bassong just remembered

we are in a bit of a mess

but then Redknapp is good at leaving clubs in a mess

The issues at Spurs are not the same as the other clubs that Redknapp has managed. We need a bit of fresh blood and there are a couple of positions where we are short but the core of the first team is still good.

The problem that we have is that the team is completely short of confidence. I think that there are a number of things that have caused this; Harry being linked with England, Lennon being out for a while, having a really tough run of fixtures in March, Harry's court case and tiredness creeping in.

I would be happy with AVB. I know a lot of people wouldnt but he did well at Porto and would have time to build something

Why on Earth would people still not want him? He can organize training sessions, at least, which is something that evidently seems beyond our current Messiah, to whom we should be eternally grateful.

The issues at Spurs are not the same as the other clubs that Redknapp has managed. We need a bit of fresh blood and there are a couple of positions where we are short but the core of the first team is still good.

The problem that we have is that the team is completely short of confidence. I think that there are a number of things that have caused this; Harry being linked with England, Lennon being out for a while, having a really tough run of fixtures in March, Harry's court case and tiredness creeping in.

I'm genuinely concerned with the age of a few important players. Squad players. The point of the thread is that there is a lot of deadwood to shift and old players that all need replacing.

I can't see Levy firing Harry, not while there is still a chance that England will come calling and pay compo. But Harry must know that his time at Spurs is up, one way or the other. If England opt for someone else then Levy will have no hesitation in letting him go.

Well, the likelihood is increasing that the FA won't give 'Arry the job. In which case, they might decide to just write this Euro 2012 tournament off as a loss, with Pearce in charge, and focus on recruiting someone after it's over. In which case we'd be left hamstrung, as more than half the summer iwll have flown by while we dither about waiting for someone to lift 'Arry off our hands.

For our sake, levy needs to act decisively, and get 'Arry out as early as possible. Maybe a maximum of four weeks after the season ends, if England don't want him.

I'm genuinely concerned with the age of a few important players. Squad players. The point of the thread is that there is a lot of deadwood to shift and old players that all need replacing.

I think that there is clearly some fringe players that need to be moved on but we tried to do that with most of them last summer. The only players that I think we need to replace on age grounds are King, Gallas and Nelsen. I think that Friedel has done enough to earn another year.

I agree with you diego but i also feel that we can bring in some youth players it will help to bring a smile and bounce to the dressing room, the likes of caulker, smith, townsend, livermoe and carroll have grown up around each other and although i doubt they are as good as the man u kids of a few years ago, i feel they could give us a lift along with a few more senior heads.

The are also some young and hungry players in the championship like dunk and zaha i would like us to have a look at, powell at crew looks interesting as well.

The most upsetting thing is that we were so close to establishing the foundation for a team that could qualify for the Champions League year in and year out. This season was our big chance to do so, and we've blown it. I'm afraid we're going to slip backward and become an Everton, who peak every few years but most of the time are 8th place finishers. Maybe the new stadium will change all this by giving us the ability to pay big wages to attract big name players, but what big name players are going to come to us now?????

I appreciate and thank Harry for what he's done since he joined, but its time he moved on. He's taken us as far as he can, but now we need someone who is far more knowledgable when it comes to tactics, and the ability to rotate the squad at crucial parts of the season.

I think the first 11 is a very good side, but I feel that as good as he has been, and a legend of the club, Ledleys days are over, he looks so immobile, seems like he's losing pace every game, and its quite painful to watch. They're are other obvious positions that need seeing to that have already been mentioned in other threads, e.g. GK, RM, ST x2 and so on.

As for the deadwood, when a new manager comes in I'm sure he could get something out of them players, they're all very capable, but when Redknapp doesn't like a player, he doesn't want to know. Dos Santos for some reason I feel should have played a lot more this season under the right guidance.

The end of the season couldn't come quick enough, hopefully we attain 4th spot, and Redknapp leaves.

I think the first 11 is a very good side, but I feel that as good as he has been, and a legend of the club, Ledleys days are over, he looks so immobile, seems like he's losing pace every game, and its quite painful to watch. They're are other obvious positions that need seeing to that have already been mentioned in other threads, e.g. GK, RM, ST x2 and so on.

Ledley is carry quite a bit of weight these days. He was naturally slim when he was younger but it looks like the lack of training is catching up with him in more ways than one.

I'm not toooooo worried, when he goes, we won't crumble into a lower half team, we will probably still be top 6.

Most of the kind of players we need to sell are merely squad players, so finding squad players to replace them won't be too difficult. It's not as if we'll have to find 11 world class players.

However, either this pre-season or next, we will need a top quality goal keeper. This depends on whether we can get one more season out of Friedel, and I don't see why not. It's not as if his performances have slipped.

We will need a top quality centre back this summer. This will leave us with new guy, Caulker, Kaboul and Dawson. Good options.

We will need to replace Modric. He'll probably want to go and I don't really blame him. Plus I'd rather have the money at this point - it's been shown that having him doesn't exclude as from amazing dips in form, so we may as well get 2 or 3 quality players in for the money we can get for him. There should be a fair few creative midfielders around though, they are all the rage because the Barca model is getting adopted everywhere, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find someone.

We need a winger. Someone like Hoilett would be good. I think we can get another year out of Bale before he will want to go, but we can't keep struggling so much when either him or Lennon is out. Quality wingers also aren't that difficult to find if we have the money. If they are bought to start it should be pretty easy, bought to be a squad member is harder to find someone of quality willing to join. If we can get Hoilett and Redmond that would be good.

We need some strikers. Quality strikers won't be that hard to come by. A striker able to play upfront on his own probably will be. That will be a struggle, but it's a struggle for every team.

Over all I'm not too worried. It will be hard to get into the top 4 again, but it was hard this season, the fact that we are in with a shout is good. The ageing players can be released without hassle. The squad players are talented and should be able to find new homes providing we don't price them out of the market, and the positions we need to fill should be able to be filled well enough.

Back