• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Didn't you start this thread earlier today and it was (rightly) locked?

People said the exact same things after the end of last year, with almost half the board in favour of axing him and starting afresh with the newest manager of the month from the continent.

Some even wanted Paul Lambert instead.

And just as I finished that, Statto decided to post on Twitter something that reassures me massively:

ScreenShot2012-03-21at235152.png

Squad wise I think we are at our peak. Our depth in midfield and up front is terrible. What redknapp needs to do is to sort out the squad. Get the correct players in to play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 when our key players are out ad we have a winner.

Nah ofcourse not. With the current set of players yes for sure. I think Harry has worked wonders with this squad because I think its totally overrated.

Harry really does need signings and enough of this out clearing the deadwood ultimatum as it were. We need a number of additions to strengthen the squad with two of them coming in and strengthening the first team ie. a striker and a defender. We have cleared enough, saved on wages and got in some transfer fees. Now is the time to spend BUT the calibre f players we will be able to bring in is determined by where we finish this season Top four, we can get CL players but if we finish top five? not sure.

We are certainly on course to record two points from eight games again - imagine if his reign ended that way after he speared Ramos for doing the same!

Yawn

Top manager, still don't want to lose him. If Lennon hadn't had his injury problems we wouldn't have dropped so many points. Without two wingers (especially when Bale insists on playing narrow) we cant stick to our game plan

jovial man management can only take a team so far

with our squad we are top 5 easy

with some brains, thoughts, clever and constant work on the training pitch we could have ended the season much much closer to the top 2

Harry Redknapp told his Tottenham team at half-time that Chelsea and Arsenal were both winning, such was his desire to get maximum points from this game.

He was lying to his players, of course, as only Arsenal were in front after 45 minutes, but the gamble didn’t pay off.

A home draw against a side in the bottom half of the table was certainly not the tonic Spurs were looking for after an incredibly difficult week and three consecutive losses in the Barclays Premier League.

But their evening ended in disappointment, with Tottenham relinquishing third place in the table to north London rivals Arsenal.

Redknapp said: ‘I told them at half-time Chelsea and Arsenal were winning.

'I said: “We need a win, lads.” Chelsea weren’t winning. I said: “A draw’s no good, we need to be positive, let’s get after them.” But it didn’t work because we only drew.

----------------

embarrassing

wait till the players read these quotes

That's a relative question as to how far he wanted or had to take us but some of the questions remain

- is his head now clearly turned for the England job (That's all he ever talks about to the Press) so it would be unwise to keep a man who clearly has no further ambition for this club having up to now done an admirable job - both in terms of statistics as well as achievments. FA Cup final would be a nice bow form.

- utterly shocking and pathetic transfer dealings since Day 1 - uncomprehensive as to how and why Levy entertains this circus turning us into the best paid retirement home for old crocks and nothing players. No vision, not strucutre in place, no clue. Aimless shots in the dark and deadline day clown offers every single fcuking window. In addition to helping bottom 8 clubs rid of their rejects and chronically injured players.

- Yet another bootlejob gutless performance against a team 3 levels below us in class, knowing beforehand exactly what they'd do - yet we do not have a Plan B as to how to break them down. None. In addition we concede from a set piece again while we waste 25 of ours into throw ins.

- We appear utterly clueless in the final third besides having all the possession in the known universe. No clinical movement or penetration.

- Insistance on including pub players amongst his 18 match-day squad

If he's indeed set on leaving for England - I truly hope Levy has a thourough shortlist being drawn-up in front of him as well looking to implement some sort of transfer structure a.s.a.p. as well as possibly an Arsenal/Utd's style over 30's contract policy - play as you play or 1 - year deals max. Certainly not actively buying players over 30 with a few exceptions of course.

One things for sure - when he goes - he'd be lauded as a very good success of a manger by most fans, I'm certain

Last edited:
embarrassing

wait till the players read these quotes

What are they gonna do? Go out and spank Chelsea through sheer anger that Harry lied to them? Unfortunately, I doubt it.

The only embarrassing thing is the fact they still played like sh#t despite thinking they could be 5th by Saturday

I still believe we're capable of top three or four but when our manager and top striker believe they will be somewhere else next season, I have to also, have my doubts...

Chavs away ,, Swansea at home , Sunderland away ...... A big improvement is needed pretty sharpish ....

We should have spent last January and this January and gone after a top class striker, we didn't both times and we'll pay the price for it twice!

I'm not putting this all on Redknapp. Yes the England job has been and still is a distraction, but the players need to get a grip also.

All we ever hear is we have a strongsquad....Do we cause every time we use it we look poor and unbalanced.

Questions need to be asked now seeing as everybody a couple of weeks ago were saying how shrewd Rednapp was etc etc.

Playing Crank wide right is a waste of time, Bale wandering is a waste of time, Modric always looking sideways or backwards is a waste of time, Parker has gone right off the boil and needs a rest, Sandro never gets a look in now, Townsend shoved out on loan when Lennon has been so injury prone,

Buying a complete carthorse in Nelson and expecting him to fit into a team that was going for the title massive mistake. Not buying anyone of note in january mistake. Saha getting in ahead of our top scorer Defoe a mistake. Rednapp just sitting there slumped on the bench when things arn't going right..All mistakes.

This season is over as far as top 4 is concerened and being 12 clear of Arsenal just a few weeks baks that alone is not acceptable.

Thats why i'm saying as far as i'm concerened Rednapp has taken us as far as he can go.

Back