• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Does he not play on the way right for wales and modric play very well on the left for us? Leaves 2 solid players in the centre.

Wales play a 4-3-3, quite different from a 4-4-2.

2 solid players in the centre, but also no playmaker in the centre. Incidentally something Wales does have, two of them actually in their 4-3-3 I think. Allowing Bale to have a starting position higher in the pitch, where he can receive the ball in dangerous areas. For us against Everton he had to receive the ball at the half way line because of our "solid central midfield".

Does he not play on the way right for wales and modric play very well on the left for us? Leaves 2 solid players in the centre.

Modric isn't half the player he is on the left as he is in the centre.
United and Chelsea aren't trying to buy him to play him on the left.

He was only played out the left in his early Spurs career because we had Huddlestone in the centre and Modric wasn't conditioned enough to the pace and physically it of the Premiership to play in the middle.

As for having two solid players in the middle. That's great for the likes of Stoke. But we're trying to play football here and you need a playmaker in the middle for that.

I think we should sign Guti?®rrez as the way he helps the left back out is very very good. He would be ideal for if we need to play Bale on the right.

I think it would make more sense to buy another right winger that way we not have to worry about playing on the right.

Can any of you actually remember a game in which Bale has excelled on the right for us because I cannot, and I think therein lies the rub

I think it would make more sense to buy another right winger that way we not have to worry about playing on the right.

Can any of you actually remember a game in which Bale has excelled on the right for us because I cannot, and I think therein lies the rub

I'd love to see a graphic of where Bale's goals and assists have come from this season.

Firstly VDV was not my first option, heck up to me I would pick Gio on the right or kept Townsend ahead of playing VDV.

And what what was that you mumbled about us wanting our best players in their best position, of course you mean like playing Bale on the right and Modric on the left.

And what do you mean VDV does not like playing on the right? You really think Modric likes playing on the left? Course not, he does it because his manager tells him to

No my point was every player plays in their favourite position (Bale on the left, Modric in the centre) etc. and we play Niko or someone down the right

Rafa has done very well from the right in the past, in games against teams parking the bus he to me seems to almost do better there as he struggles to find place in the centre anyway.

He has also upped his defensive work-rate lately and done a lot of tracking back.

He did say once that he didn't like playing there, but that is some time ago now (1 year+ I think) and he has since played on the right, worked his socks off from the right and done well there. I don't think he minds it as much and with Walker behind him who can bomb up the flank I think it suits him a lot better than when Corluka/Hutton was there. Actually, it might have been while Hutton was there that he said he didn't want to play on the right and it might have been just so he didn't have to be close to Hutton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rt-irritated-by-Harry-Redknapp-decisions.html

A manager may decide to play a wide player on the opposing flank to help them develop. Jol got no end of stick for playing Lennon on the left but he became a better player for it.

Where is Giovani Dos Santos?

Most likely desperate for a move in order to re-start his career much like Boateng and Taarabt did. There is no way he's any worse than Rose on the left yet Arry clearly doesn't rate him so best to part ways

Last edited:

He looked good in his earlier outings this season. Then disappeared again and couldn't even make the Steveange games.

Arry clearly doesn't like him

both pienaar and corluka would have been useful.
thought redknapp said we needed all the players for season end.

both pienaar and corluka would have been useful.
thought redknapp said we needed all the players for season end.

Both weren't on the agenda to be released but kept begging the manager in order to re-spark their careers.

Mind you - the latter was never going to play for us regurarly again so I can understand his decision seeing the Euro selections are just around the corner.

Last edited:
Both weren't on the agenda to be released but kept begging the manager in order to re-spark their careers.

Mind you - the latter was never going to play for us regurarly again so I can understand his decision seeing the Euro selections are just around the corner.

I wasn't too sorry to see Pienaar leave. Bar one decent outing against Milan he has been complete pants every time he played for Spurs. He is more a left sided player anyway.

I do however have a problem selling our right back cover. This was a mistake and I feel Corluka pleadings has changed Harry's mind even though this was not for the good of the club. There could even be an argument that Corluka should be playing now as Walker has not been in great form of late.

Back