• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
He said that Holland would definately score in the second half and that their defence was poor, he also said that Portugal were a poor side, I think compared to the others he is a tinkle poor pundit.

He said that Holland would definately score in the second half and that their defence was poor, he also said that Portugal were a poor side, I think compared to the others he is a tinkle poor pundit.

He never said Portugal were a poor side at all. Before the game when everyone was saying Germany to win he said watch out for Portugal they've got a lot of quality. Then at half time said he'd been disappointed in what Portugal had shown footballing wise which was a fair assessment....

He never said Portugal were a poor side at all. Before the game when everyone was saying Germany to win he said watch out for Portugal they've got a lot of quality. Then at half time said he'd been disappointed in what Portugal had shown footballing wise which was a fair assessment....

Watch out for Portugal and they lost, Holland will score and they lost, is that not tinkle poor punditry, lol.

Watch out for Portugal and they lost, Holland will score and they lost, is that not tinkle poor punditry, lol.

No it's not. tinkle poor punditry is when you have pundits who sit on the fence and don't commit or have a PR response to everything. I'd rather a pundit stick their neck on the block, even if they end up being completely wrong, than not really say anything at all. Which was the one thing in his punditry that did irk me, because before the Germany/Portugal game he refused to state who he thought would win and never said it would be a draw either. He just should have said it's too tight to call and he didn't know.

He certainly called Holland though, and stated he thought they may struggle to get out of the group. They were my tip to win the whole thing!

The thing he called about Holland was that he did not rate their defence, pundits are supposed to give you their technical view on the game without over complication, Clarence was easily the best of the bunch.

What sort of logic is that?! So basically we can beat every team who on paper are inferior to us, lose to every team who are better than us and we achieve 3rd? So what about the 5 other teams who are better than us, don't they also beat every team inferior to them meaning we still finish 6th? Or does this special rule just conventiently apply to Spurs? Crazy.....

One should allow for the time difference between Blighty and the far colonies in this instance.

It was a serious grilling from Lineker

Said he found out about Roy's appointment in the papers

Said he'd really miss club management (versus international).

Said he loves the day to day work, says "he lives for it", and international management wouldn't be the same

Said he would've taken the England job (no surprises there)

Said he really wants to stay at Spurs

Said he hopes to chat with Levy about his future, but as he's lost his mum, he's not even thinking about it

Said how desperately unlucky we were during the "blip"

Said the Dutch have a flaky defence

Said England have a really solid defence

Said "triffic"

I might have missed a few things

He also said he had never been approached to be the England manager, so that puts to bed the myth ( by his mates in the press) that Roy got the job because he was a cheaper option.

He also said he had never been approached to be the England manager, so that puts to bed the myth ( by his mates in the press) that Roy got the job because he was a cheaper option.

But how can you believe a word that comes out of his mouth? Whatever his football manager attributes, there is very little doubt he is a contrary liar. This is how he is, it's in his genes. He managed to contradict himself in a matter of minutes (seconds?). he said he wouldn't have wanted to take the England job, but would've accepted the offer had it come. Amazing.

But how can you believe a word that comes out of his mouth? Whatever his football manager attributes, there is very little doubt he is a contrary liar. This is how he is, it's in his genes. He managed to contradict himself in a matter of minutes (seconds?). he said he wouldn't have wanted to take the England job, but would've accepted the offer had it come. Amazing.

I take most of what he says with a pinch of salt, but on this occasion i believe him when he says he was not approached.

Name me one football manager who isn't publically? I always thought Roy Hodgson was a straight up guy, and yet that interview today regarding Rio Ferdinand it was so obvious he was lying through his teeth. I was quite disappointed in him. I expect flimflam to come from the likes of Redknapp, Mancini, Mourinho, Fergie, Dalglish, Wenger etc. because they've always lied to the media but not good old Roy.

Back