• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Slap him on the ignore list and ffs stop quoting him I have to read that brick he posts when you do that.

at least its gramatically correct brick, you dull witted plank.

I think this is great, he can't read this

Wriggly is a clown shoe
Wriggly is a clown shoe
Wriggly is a clown shoe
Wriggly is a clown shoe

as he can't see it, I'm not insulting him,

so I can't be breaking any rules

\o/

oh and the Lineker and Harry chat is on video, on the BBC sports pages

which when you watch it proves my point about him getting pilloried, irrespective.

no they're feckin not............. as I have found out to my cost

I was of course joking. Wriggly is a valuable poster for his thoughtful insights, erudite wit and charming personality.

How queer

Must be some selective moderation going on

I thought there were rules, but perhaps they're not applied to board favourites

I guess that means you are not in the gang

You remember in The Wire season 2, when the real head of the Greeks was not the guy you thought, but the guy who served coffee and observed everything. And he observed a lot because people were careless when talking around him.

Well the same applies here. The uber-mod, the alpha-mod, is not a mod at all.

ITK - I'll leave it at that.

I'm just surprised that I haven't read anyone having a go at Harry for actually being a pundit. I was sure someone would have come out with "he should buying players not talking about the Euros" or something.

So basically

- he was always going to take the England job. (shocker there)

- he made sure everyone knew about it at the time though

- now that is hasn't happened - he's rediscovered his love for Spurs and club management.

- if he is so concerened about Levy and is former mom - why bother with that interview at the golf course last week at all? He knew exactly the kind of spin-off it would generate in the sensationalist supremacist media

- automatically shift responsibilty/accountability away from himself/the England distraction during the 'blip' by attributing everything to 'bad luck'. Yes, Arry - bad luck started the tourist Kranjcar at right wing ahead of Lennon in a 4-4-fudging 2 at the Emirates. Or insisted on playing Bale as a roaming ghost or better yet right wing. Relying on Bayern Munich to win isn't back luck - it means we couldn't do our job properly and had to rely on external factors - the equivalent of playing lotto and hoping to win in order to pay our monthly mortgage. Of course accepting that would mean acknowledging some responsibility for the clusterfudge of a 3 months so no hope in that.

Whatever Levy plans on doing - I sincerely hope it reaches conclusion in the next couple of weeks or else risk derailling our entire transfer window and pre-season with this constant self-centered flimflam yet again.

Last edited:
So basically

- he was always going to take the Egnland job. (shocker there)

- now that is hasn't happened - he's rediscovered his love for Spurs and club management.

- if he is so concerened about Levy and is former mom - why bother with that interview at the golf course last week at all? He knew exactly the kind of spin-off it would generate in the sensationalist supremacist media

- automatically shift responsibilty/accountability away from himself/the England distraction during the 'blip' by attributing everything to 'bad luck'. Yes, Arry - bad luck started the tourist Kranjcar at right wing ahead of Lennon in a 4-4-fudging 2 at the Emirates. Or insisted on playing Bale as a roaming ghost or better yet right wing. Relying on Bayern Munich to win isn't back luck - it means we couldn't do our job properly and had to rely on external factors - the equivalent of playing lotto and hoping to win in order to pay our monthly mortgage. Of course accepting that would mean acknowledging some responsibility for the clusterfudge of a 3 months so no hope in that.

Whatever Levy plans on doing - I sincerely hope it reaches conclusion in the next couple of weeks or else risk derailling our entire transfer window and pre-season with this constant self-centered flimflam yet again.

I have to agree. I would certainly welcome a Harry replacement - no need to go into that again - but its getting to the point no where I just want some stability. I'd rather we gave dodgy Harry a new contract than leave the situation as it is.

We absolutely have to sign some players. No early transfers in makes things even more crucial. The situation of having Defoe as our only striker is ludicrous. We going to have to arrest the non activity of going on three - four seasons and get a bit busy in the transfer market this year; we simply have no choice.

The sooner we get some continuity and putting some bids in the better.

And may I just add to that

Why is Lineker asking the exact same questions he was asked last week and gave fairly detailed answers (irrespective whether you agree with them or not)? Did he not see/read those?

What does it matter to him whether Henry is offered a new deal or not?

Better yet - what the fudge does it have to do with Euro 2012?

Unless Arry went to him prior and requested some much needed 'Spurs' airtime for his agenda - something which I'd find hard to believe even for Arry. Which leads me to the personal conclusion - the media is obssessed with him/us and is determined on adding seemingly non-existent pressure on Levy and our pre-season. I bet you every single time Arry or the club is mentioned in a future interview the '1 year left' reminder would be brought up irrespective of context.

What about Chelsea? They don't even have a coach? Give it a fudging rest, please

Last edited:
So basically

- he was always going to take the Egnland job. (shocker there)

do we have to rewrite history to try and prove a point?

Lennon wasn't match fit iirc, coming back from injury, no?

Lennon was fit (I think if Henry cofirmed later) - he played 10-15 minutes against Stevenage 7 days earlier

We have no way of know whether Lennon had a reaction to those 10-15 mins. He had a persistent injury in the second half of the season and my guess is that Redknapp was trying to manage his recovery. Lennon is a key member of the team and I cannot remember a time when Redknapp has dropped a fit Lennon for tactical reasons.

We have no way of know whether Lennon had a reaction to those 10-15 mins. He had a persistent injury in the second half of the season and my guess is that Redknapp was trying to manage his recovery. Lennon is a key member of the team and I cannot remember a time when Redknapp has dropped a fit Lennon for tactical reasons.

So if he wasn't fit - why did he even make the bench? Not fit 'enough' to start you might say then surely he could have come on later in the game? Or even at half-time for Kranjcar?

The point I tried to make is - in my opinion tactially we got it wrong (Lennon was merely one example, Saha ahead of Defoe is another, etc.) at The Emirates which has nothing to do with 'bad luck'. I wish just once he'd acknowledge that. Even Fergie / Wenger do it every now and then

So if he wasn't fit - why did he even make the bench? Not fit 'enough' to start you might say then surely he could have come on later in the game? Or even at half-time for Kranjcar?

The point I tried to make is - in my opinion tactially we got it wrong (Lennon was merely one example, Saha ahead of Defoe is another, etc.) at The Emirates which has nothing to do with 'bad luck'. I wish just once he'd acknowledge that. Even Fergie / Wenger do it every now and then

like I said, I suspect that Lennon wasn't fully fit and we were nursing him back.

Apart from appeasing a handful of fans I don't see what Redknapp saying he made mistakes tactically achieves. Every manager calls it wrong sometimes, most never admit it publicly.

I was surprised that we didn't line up like we had finished the previous games against them but I think the reason Harry chose the formation that he did is because he wanted to attack them rather than sit back and contain.

When Lineker asks Harry whether the speculation affected Tottenham and Harry replies 'It didn't affect me..." check out his body language. He starts twitching like a mofo.

Apart from appeasing a handful of fans I don't see what Redknapp saying he made mistakes tactically achieves. Every manager calls it wrong sometimes, most never admit it publicly.

Because attrbuting everything to 'bad luck' is ridiculous while every single 'good' achievement he attributes to himself and is awlays quick to mention

Surely the buck goes both ways, would you not agree.

It's this sheer hypocrisy that grinds many fans (not a handful at all) not the fact we were outplayed that day (well that's another argument actually) - we lost fair and square but don't say it's bad luck, please. Same with the players distraction which wasn't relevant back in February but now all of a sudden is crucial as soon as contract extension comes into play.

Yes, he wasn't solely responsble for our terrible run - players, injuries, media distraction, etc. - all had an impact. But then so it must be during good times

I agree with Rossi here (although not sure if you meant I was on your ignore list or Billyiddo after that previous post...so I hope this gets seen!)

Our defence isn't as bad as you are making out. BAE is left to do the defensive duty for often the entire left flank considering Bale is told to take a position high up the pitch and wait for the counter. Lennon tends to track back slightly more but Walker is fairly similar as a defender to BAE, they are both good at recovery and good one on one. Kaboul is good for us in terms of keeping possession and quick so we can play the high line. But you don't like any of them. Maybe they aren't the type of defenders you want if you are planning to play a defensive game with the team behind the ball for long periods (although on the rare times we did play like that last season - Chelsea away - we deserved to win) but they are good for our system.

You seem to value certain types of defenders and consider different types as not good enough, even though they are really just different types. I used to be the same with all players. I used to think Carrick-type passers were the only players worth having and any other players were brick if they didn't fit that mould. But really if players have reached that elite level and they are getting picked every week, you know in some way they are doing a good job. Particularly if it is someone like Harry picking them, who wouldn't be shy about benching and replacing players he thought were rubbish.

Guess I'm not going to get an answer to this MK?

Either I am on your ignore list, or maybe there's some truth to people saying you leave debates when you know you've been beaten. Or maybe you haven't been beaten at all and think I'm not worthy debating with any more. In which case I'd ask why - I feel like I've put some good opinions forth and tried to back them up as best I can.

Back