• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
could you name all of the games in that period where HR actually played himself and let the club down?

You do know he's the manager - and that its up to 14 other human beings to get their act together, to win the games?

You know that, right?

By that logic then he can't take any credit for when we were flying thats up to the plyers too can't have it both ways Mick. Harry's had our strongest squad in years and the weakest Sky 4.

Not a Harry fan by any means and more tinkled off now than I've been in a while but think about what your saying. We fudged up yeah but if the shootout had gone the other way it would've been a lot fudging different.

Yes. By Monday.

One season of failure is unfortunate.

Two seasons of failure is unacceptable.

Time to act Levy - this summer is now about rebuilding, rather than building, and Redknapp isn't the man to do it.

Its a game of fine margin. I have voted no in the poll as i believe that finishing 4th matched my pre season expectations.

I do not think Redknapp should be sacked on the basis of tonight. I have been somewhat critical of decisions that have been made in the run in and i do think that with a bit more attention to detail we could have secured third. Whatever people want to say about wages/finances 3rd was ours and we threw it away. However i do agree with Milo in the fact that if 4th was not good enough before tonight he should have been sacked already. You cannot sack someone on the basis of a result that is completely out of their control.

Yes. By Monday.

One season of failure is unfortunate.

Two seasons of failure is unacceptable.

Time to act Levy - this summer is now about rebuilding, rather than building, and Redknapp isn't the man to do it.

Failure? Certainly wouldn't say 5th then 4th is failure!!!

Not a Harry fan by any means and more tinkled off now than I've been in a while but think about what your saying. We fudged up yeah but if the shootout had gone the other way it would've been a lot fudging different.

Harry's comments would suggest he was happy with our future hinging on the CL final. Therefore I have no problems with his future being the same. I'm not sure he deserves sacking and am almost certain that he won't be, but there is a pretty strong case for him going.

Time to for a new era in Spurs history. Modric will go along with a couple of other big names. Also some older players to move on. We still have some talented young players and the core of decent side in place. Redknapp is not the man to be trusted with rebuilding for the future of this club. Just ask West Ham fans.

Its a game of fine margin. I have voted no in the poll as i believe that finishing 4th matched my pre season expectations.

I do not think Redknapp should be sacked on the basis of tonight. I have been somewhat critical of decisions that have been made in the run in and i do think that with a bit more attention to detail we could have secured third. Whatever people want to say about wages/finances 3rd was ours and we threw it away. However i do agree with Milo in the fact that if 4th was not good enough before tonight he should have been sacked already. You cannot sack someone on the basis of a result that is completely out of their control.

No but missing a target of Champions League (if that was a target) has massive implications for our club. We may go in a different direction should our best plyers move on. We need to be thinking long term. If Levy believes HR is the long term option then so be it. Personally I think now is the time to say thanks Harry and part Company. I have so much admiration for Levy and what he has done for our club and trying to do it the proper way - slowly and sustainably. But never have I wished more for City's money. So many fans in London will be laughing at what has happened to us - but we are Spurs we will bounce back. We will need Levy to be at his best.

I don't blame Redknapp that much. Honestly, what was he supposed to do? This is Spurs, if we'd finished third there would have been some match fixing scandal and we'd have been relegated.

Last edited:
Wheeler Dealer Redknapp HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!! Useless! A better manager would have had us in 2nd place, not 4th, a better manager would not have had us knocked out of Europa Group stges, a better manager would not have won 1 game in 9 at an important stage, a better manager would not have had players playing out of position etc.......

Didn't Harry say he wanted Chelski to win the Champions League??

Hmmm...maybe he'll be Chelski's next manager so it's a win-win situation for him (and Modric)....8-[

I haven't read the entire thread, I'm probably not going to stick around and debate my point, but it's a public poll, so I'll just explain why I voted to get rid of Harry.

I waited until the CL final to vote, this was because Harry's season objective should have been to qualify for the CL, not simply to "finish 4th". Given we had Ade this season, this was our best squad in some time. (Harry can have some credit for that.) But all he has managed this season was to make Spurs qualify for the Europa League.

I have issues with things Harry says, the way we completely fudged up when he was supposedly in line for the England job and the tactical failings he has had this entire time. So do we renew his contract and give him the big money he wants? No. I also have an issue with him being so concerned with what was happening with Saudi Sportswashing Machine that he didn't consider competing with Arsenal for 3rd to be the main priority, it was a secondary target to him... It's embarrassing to see his quotes everywhere saying how 4th was the best we could have hoped for and things...

The wording of the poll is annoying because Harry has had a disappointing season, it isn't the worst season ever, but Liverpool won a cup and thus qualified for the Europa League, they had a better season.

Finally, I know holding out on the CL final before voting is going to make it seem like I'd have been Harry's number 1 fan if Chelsea had lost, but that would never have been the case, he has a year or so left on his contract, so he could have just had that year and we could have brought someone new in. Not because Harry is wonderful, but like Di Matteo, if you achieve something it would be harsh to be fired afterwards.

West Brom playing a goalkeeper that gave Arsenal 3 goals and Chelsea winning a penalty shootout don't change my opinion of Harry's managerial ability.

That said, we're fudged. How many world class managers will join Europa League teams? Levy will have to continue on with his youth policy.

I think Harry is our weak link.

Also, fudge it. From this moment on, assume Arsenal are going to win every single remaining game due to some strange luck or something. Assume any English club in the CL can actually win it. Assume nothing will be given to us.

So if Arsenal get 10 matches into the season and only have 20 points, assume they will finish with 104, don't think "it'll be ok, they'll lose to relegation threatened teams". It was fudging insane to be happy that Harry was happy with a point at Sunderland, would have taken one when we got down to 10 men at Villa and parked the bus at various other times during the season...

Drawn 9 and lost 9 is simply not good enough.

69 points this year, 62 last year, 70 the year before that... What the fudge? How the fudge are we not as good as 2 years ago?

We gave up on the Europa League, the Carling Cup and even put out a second team for most of the F.A Cup. We have given the league our main focus this year and our best team for over 50 years has finished below the worst Arsenal team under Wenger, a team that had their worst start for 50 or 60 years...

We only finished above Saudi Sportswashing Machine because they lost both their last 2 games, if we compare this season's squad with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal, I can only blame the manager for putting us between them.

Back