• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
i don't really see how comparing our starting line up to Wigans (minus the goalkeepers for some reason) is an indication as to whether Redknapp gives any thought as to what lays beyond the next couple of years when making the bulk of his transfers

Funny how people so often confuse pessimism with realism

Pessimism would be to say we don't have a good chance of finishing top 6 this season. Optimism would be to say that we really should be finishing top 4 again next season without many problems. Realism is to say we will likely finish any position from 3rd to 6th.

Saying we are poised to step up beyond Man United, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea with the current structure and finances we have at the club and all it will take is a new young manager to work his magic...I don't know what to call that. I just don't see it happening with any manager, certainly not until we get a new stadium will it happen consistently. Even Arsenal have struggled to mount a real title challenge since they've got theirs.

Again I disagree, but I think thats just fundamental differences in how we look at things - with that being the case I would ask we get off the merry-go-round and agree to disagree?

I think great management can compensate for a lack of funds, it seems you dont.

i don't really see how comparing our starting line up to Wigans (minus the goalkeepers for some reason) is an indication as to whether Redknapp gives any thought as to what lays beyond the next couple of years when making the bulk of his transfers

Goalkeepers are usually old. They don't help to highlight a team's use of youth players. Not that difficult to understand surely?

But mainly, I don't see how that brick Daily Mail article is an indication to how Martinez is laying foundations and Redknapp isn't

This is yet another example of mind reading bull brick

i can only suggest Southstand that you go back and read my initial post and maybe you will see where you have gone wrong.

here's a clue - Martinez has little to do with what i was talking about other than me referring to a point he made in an interview which backed up my view that managers should be thinking beyond the here and now

Last edited:
i can only suggest Southstand that you go back and read my initial post and maybe you will see where you have gone wrong.

here's a clue - Martinez has little to do with what i was talking about other than me referring to a point he made in an interview which backed up my view that managers should be thinking beyond the here and now

You said: "He[Martinez] was talking about the importance in looking beyond his time at Wigan and laying the foundations for whoever comes in after him"

And then you hit Harry with the brick stick: "Something i agree with and something i think Redknapp doesn't give a seconds thought to, tbh"

I asked you to back up this piece of mind reading, with some facts.

What exactly has Martinez done at Wigan to make you so positive about him (and negative about Harry)

I'm still waiting for the list of good things Martinez has done to lay the foundations.

I expect I'll be waiting some time.

you still seem to be focusing on Martinez

i made some points about what i perceive to be wrong with the way Harry has a lack of forward planning with how he manages Spurs. that was the bulk (and point) of my post.

i then add on something which another premiership manager has said about laying foundations etc as it is something that i agree with.

quite why you are obsessing with what Martinez has or has not done is beyond me as it is Harry Redknapp that i am talking about, not Martinez - i could have dug a quote out from any manager in the world that echoes the same sentiments but as this interview was fresh in my mind i used it.

go back, read my post without the last couple of lines and then come back to me as they really bare no relation to what my point was (other than to highlight what i was saying in the first place)

edit : and you never asked me anything about Harry, you asked me about Martinez - so i provided you with a link to the article, never said anything about there being info as to what Martinez has done in planning for the future at Wigan as that was nothing to do with what i was saying in the first place - it was the specific lines where he says that a manager should be planning not just for now but for the years to come which summarize what i was saying about Redknapp

Last edited:
Hello. New member, old lurker!

Just had a look at our league positions since last time top 4, prior to HR's reign, not the 09/10 one:

91 11th
92 15th
93 8th
94 15th
95 7th
96 8th
97 10th
98 14th
99 11th
00 10th
01 12th
01 9th
02 10th
03 14th
04 9th
05 9th
06 5th
07 5th
08 11th
09 8th
10 4th
11 5th
12 4th

I've been a regular at spurs since 1986 and a ST holder since 2002. I for one think Harry has done a fantastic job and we should be celebrating and lauding him to the rooftops. I am saddened by quite a few people that sit around me at Spurs who have shouted obuse towards HR as we've gone through that horrible string of results - when we've STILL finished 4th! And have the best team in my lifetime! Yes, bring back Gerry Francis i say!

We all went mental when we guaranteed 4th against city - heck i surfaced again late the following saturday afternoon! We guaranteed 4th against Fulham and i thought it was muted applause as the players walk round!

Come on boys and girls, Rome wasn't built in a day! But surely Caesar Redknapp has laid the foundations and must be allowed to keep building! Regardless of Cheat$ki tonight, we still finished 4th!! And i think we'll be stronger next year! Talent wise and mentally!

Peace! NOW COME ON MUNCHEN!!!

You have totally lost me there buddy, care to rephrase your point?

sorry mate, bored. just trying to engage with ya

(in a totally non sexual way of course)

but what i meant was that the other teams that dont fear financial issues on managerial appointments probably dont handle their money that well. we do considerably better so might be a bit more cautious?

i dont know. in truth i agre with you, just playing devils advocate. i'm all for taking risks. infact i do kind of like them, when it suits me. but it isnt my money going down the toilet if things go pear shaped (why that phrase? why is a pear considered badly shaped? seems symmetrical enough)

Is this following on from Raziels point about the ?ú150m? Personally I think its scare mongering on his part.

Yes, bringing in a manager is a big decision - and in the extreme if it goes wrong it is going to cost - but personally I dont think its going to happen.

IMO Redknapp is a good manager, not a great one, and not one considerably better than many managers in this league, and he has done exceptionally well these last few years. Is he really that irreplaceable? I dont think so. I think another good manager could keep the ship afloat just fine, which is why I dont believe its the big dramatic risk its being made out to be

i would say it could still be up in the air if Chelsea win tonight - i don't think he is going anywhere personally but there is still a chance Levy might think about a change should we miss out on CL football.

If fourth wasn't good enough then he should have gone this week. Not being in the Champions' League would be really rough but Redknapp should be held to account for his results and not Chelsea's

If fourth wasn't good enough then he should have gone this week. Not being in the Champions' League would be really rough but Redknapp should be held to account for his results and not Chelsea's

Thing is, for the last 3 months of the season we were very reliant on other sides results. Thank fully Chelsea imploded in the league at the end. One of the reasons I cannot forgive Redknapp he was so focused on the England job we went into so many games in that period unsure which Spurs team would turn up.

Thing is, for the last 3 months of the season we were very reliant on other sides results. Thank fully Chelsea imploded in the league at the end. One of the reasons I cannot forgive Redknapp he was so focused on the England job we went into so many games in that period unsure which Spurs team would turn up.

That's fair enough and if Levy agrees with you, he should have gone this week. My point was that the result of tonight's game should have no bearing on whether Redknapp should stay on.

could you name all of the games in that period where HR actually played himself and let the club down?

You do know he's the manager - and that its up to 14 other human beings to get their act together, to win the games?

You know that, right?

could you name all of the games in that period where HR actually played himself and let the club down?

You do know he's the manager - and that its up to 14 other human beings to get their act together, to win the games?

You know that, right?

Lazy bastard didn't even go to the Liverpool game.. :mickey:

That's fair enough and if Levy agrees with you, he should have gone this week. My point was that the result of tonight's game should have no bearing on whether Redknapp should stay on.

I agree that it shouldn't, but I can see why it might. 3rd was in our hands.

I agree that it shouldn't, but I can see why it might. 3rd was in our hands.

Which is what I am saying, if losing out on 3rd was a sacking issue then he should have gone by now. The Chelsea result tonight has nothing to do with Redknapp's performance this season.

4th - a success before the season, but based on our position a few months ago anything less than 3rd would be a failure - and Redknapp collapsed this season just like he did last year, and tonight we payed a little for that failure; unfortunately we'll pay a lot more...

Back