• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Redknapp was there tonight wasnt he.....im sure hes still happy with 4th, and will tell us tomorrow that we should know our place and this is as good as it gets

And that's absolutely correct, he will try to sell us that bundle of old brick...in fact, one of the rare pleasures this weekend will serve is the total and utter deflective brick we will get to see dribbling from his mouth as he seeks to at once justify his "greatness" and patronize supporters...BTW, I already said a while back what I thought would happen in this nightmare scenario re: Harry...

Think about this:

This must be the first season in a long time that not just one but TWO seasoned top 4 clubs had poor seasons and were there for the taking.

Next season they will know they daren't ****up like that again and will strengthen - pluis will have the atraction of guarenteed CL to do so.

Even if Bale and Modric do stay, we will have to be creative and sharp in terms of the transfer market and with our squad management to challenge again for a top 4 place.

It will take hard graft, subtlety, attention to detail and a bit of luck perhaps (especially in the trasnfer market).

We'll need a manager with a lot of skill to navigate all these obstacles (which effectively set us back to the Jol days).

Ask yourselves honestly, is Harry the man that can navigate through that??

Harry out? I think you would be a little more quiet if Bayern won tonight. We're never going to get further than where Harry Redknapp has taken us.

I completely disagree with this train of thought. There is always the possibility that you can overcome the odds with the right planning and foresight. I just cannot accept that because 5 teams in the league have a bigger budget than us we should accept finishing below them as a given. Money does not automatically = success as much as lack of does not automatically = faliure. Whilst in the current footballing climate it is an advantage it is not one that cannot be overcome despite what people may think.

And that's absolutely correct, he will try to sell us that bundle of old brick...in fact, one of the rare pleasures this weekend will serve is the total and utter deflective brick we will get to see dribbling from his mouth as he seeks to at once justify his "greatness" and patronize supporters...BTW, I already said a while back what I thought would happen in this nightmare scenario re: Harry...

..Which was...???

I completely disagree with this train of thought. There is always the possibility that you can overcome the odds with the right planning and foresight. I just cannot accept that because 5 teams in the league have a bigger budget than us we should accept finishing below them as a given. Money does not automatically = success as much as lack of does not automatically = faliure. Whilst in the current footballing climate it is an advantage it is not one that cannot be overcome despite what people may think.

This

Your username couldn't be more appropriate. Who the fudge would've thought Chelsea would win the fudging thing by beating barca and bayern. Yeah we threw it away but don't say 4th is what we want then when we get it and Chelsea take our place say it ain't enough. That's flimflam.

I understand what your saying Roy in the sense that 4th was a minimum objective but really Champions league was actually the minimum objective as opposed to the league placing.

Its fine lines and unlucky for us based just on tonight in isolation but overall it was one big fall from grace. I voted No purely because I think our next mangerial appointment is so important it could define us for a generation. However, if Levy has a manager in mind that he really feels can give us a fresh start and build a legacy with what we have to offer then we would be better off going for them and saying goodbye to Harry.

If that isn't to happen then we need to do what we can to maintain the status quo and keep pace until his contract expires next season and we can search for this new appointment without the concern of a big compo package for a departing manager for the first time in years.

Think about this:

This must be the first season in a long time that not just one but TWO seasoned top 4 clubs had poor seasons and were there for the taking.

Next season they will know they daren't ****up like that again and will strengthen - pluis will have the atraction of guarenteed CL to do so.

Even if Bale and Modric do stay, we will have to be creative and sharp in terms of the transfer market and with our squad management to challenge again for a top 4 place.

It will take hard graft, subtlety, attention to detail and a bit of luck perhaps (especially in the trasnfer market).

We'll need a manager with a lot of skill to navigate all these obstacles (which effectively set us back to the Jol days).

Ask yourselves honestly, is Harry the man that can navigate through that??

I don't think Arsenal are waking up from their coma. Wenger's already saying they won't spend much this summer. Them qualifying for the Champions League has papered over the cracks. I can forsee their next season being very like this one. They really don't have that much quality although Wheelchair will be back.

Chelsea will keep Di Matteo and I can see him being sacked by Xmas now all his luck has been exhausted.

For fudge sake 4th would've been enough any season you cant move the goalposts and say he hasn't achieved his objective. 4th was the goal and we got it. So unfortunate how it's panned out.

CL qualification was the objective.

At the start of the season, he might have been told to get 4th, but that was a rare mistake from Levy. (Jamie said his dad was told to get 4th.)

But, halfway through the season, everyone knew certain things:

#1: Chelsea were underperforming on an epic level.

#2: Arsenal were having their worst season.

#3: Saudi Sportswashing Machine were doing well, although they suffered when they lost half their squad to the ACON, before they signed Cisse too...

#4: Liverpool were the same old Liverpool, destined for midtable, especially without Lucas.

#5: Due to Chelsea being brick, everyone found out that if Chelsea won the CL, they'd steal the qualification place from the 4th placed team.

We were way ahead of Arsenal at that time too. But we knew... This wasn't Rafa's Liverpool with Alonso, Mascherano, a fit Gerrard, an on fire Torres or anything... This was an Arsenal team that sold 2 left backs, their captain and the replacement for their captain in addition to other things, this was a Man United that had lost Van Der Sar, Scholes, Neville, etc and De Gea was dropped for Lindegard, Emirates Marketing Project were looking amazing at that point, I'll admit. Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't have Cisse yet, so no one was really scared.

You can't say Harry was tasked to finish 4th when Chelsea had beaten Barca in the first leg of their tie? Surely, at that point you can't ignore Barca getting 5 red cards in the home tie and Chelaea winning the final due to a penalty. You can't rely on other teams...

Chelsea were one of four teams left in the competition and had won the first leg, fudge turning a blind eye to that.

In a normal season there are more than 2 good teams in the league.

When Arsenal drew with Norwich, we only had to beat Villa (a team of around mid table Championship quality) and Fulham at home, so we had an opportunity then, when we knew Chelsea were in the final.

But further back, we had an insane number of chances to do better.

If the CL final had been in March, 4th would have been deemed disappointing and 3rd would have been the target. 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th is only important due to CL qualification, so CL qualification was the target. Sure, the extra 800k from league placing is nice, but the ?ú36 million from the CL as well as the prestige the CL brings and the effect that has on a club's brand is the target.

The point of all of this is to be able to challenge for League and CL and you can't challenge for the league without money, you can't challenge for the CL without being in the competition... If in 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years we still haven't even challenged for one of the big 2 pieces of silverware, then what is the point?

Not reaching the CL this year just set us back significantly, the managers and players we can get, the brand, everything just went back a bit. We're looking to build a stadium, we want sponsors... Even though this year's CL final was held at the "football arena" because the CL doesn't like anyone else being named, everyone called the stadium by the sponsor's name... That's one example of naming rights working out, we're currently competing with Saudi Sportswashing Machine for someone to buy naming rights for our stadium, what sets us apart from them now? Saudi Sportswashing Machine's stadium is already there?

Look at Hazard earlier in the season, telling everyone he wanted to go to Spurs instead of Arsenal (we were way ahead of them on points), ok the Manchester clubs are both interested, so he narrowed it down to one of those, but that's a footballer for you. If it is not the dream to play for Liverpool, Man United, Real Madrid or Barca, then they look at where the club is, what it can pay and stuff like that.

We aren't going forwards, we're going sideways and we're not getting CL money as we do it. Sure, our stadium will be ready in a few years, but Liverpool and Chelsea will be building theirs by then, so we need a change... I like the majority of our first team, I like a lot of our squad players, so the obvious change is a manager. Seeing Brad replace Gomez, Parker coming in and Crouch upgraded to Ade was huge, so why has this team underachieved?

Now without being in the CL we'll replace Ade with Holt instead of someone world class.

I don't think Arsenal are waking up from their coma. Wenger's already saying they won't spend much this summer. Them qualifying for the Champions League has papered over the cracks. I can forsee their next season being very like this one. They really don't have that much quality although Wheelchair will be back.

Chelsea will keep Di Matteo and I can see him being sacked by Xmas now all his luck has been exhausted.

Arse will win the CL next season, we will finish 4th and lose out again.....tell me this isnt possible after everything we have witnessed in the last few months

But still all the Harry haters wouldn't be so chirpy tonight if Bayern had won.

Mate I'm a Spurs fan 1st and a Harry hater 2nd. I genuinely want the best for my club and have been saying the same things for weeks. What areyou?

Probably not. Unforuntately with how the season ended and with how tonight went those that are against Harry, whatever your train of thought do have some substance to what they are are saying as much as those who are pro Harry. We really could have done more this year whatever the budget of others.

The thing is I don't actually know who could replace Harry and get us as far as he did. There's a problem but not solution. I remember this time last year some people were calling for Owen Coyle to take over.

I think the blip is well and truly over now. He'll have 2 months to relax, the England job is no longer a distraction, he'll just focus on Spurs and getting us as far as possible. If we don't get the results needed next season then we'll sack him. From what we've seen this season when the England job wasn't a distraction, he's an excellent manager. Unfortunately the FA fudged us over.

Now without being in the CL we'll replace Ade with Holt instead of someone world class.

I didnt want to quote your whole post but I found the last line pretty funny. and ill tell you why.

To get in world class players you will need more than CL football... you need to pay world class salaries. WE DO NOT HAVE THAT. So you can have all the CL football your hearts desires but ultimately you wont get in the Agueros or the Hazards etc because we do not and cannot pay the 100k week salaries that these stars want.

Our transfer targets do not and will not change. The same players we wanted prior to tonights game will remain the same now. The only difference that will have is who we retain - that is another question.

The thing is I don't actually know who could replace Harry and get us as far as he did. There's a problem but not solution. I remember this time last year some people were calling for Owen Coyle to take over.

I think the blip is well and truly over now. He'll have 2 months to relax, the England job is no longer a distraction, he'll just focus on Spurs and getting us as far as possible. If we don't get the results needed next season then we'll sack him. From what we've seen this season when the England job wasn't a distraction, he's an excellent manager. Unfortunately the FA fudged us over.

You make some good points, and I'd like to believe that the blip is well and truly over, But it depends on what you define as a 'blip'.

We've crumbled post Feb before and it's not like it's the first time Harry has been outclassed against better organised sides (think our cup record under him)

Last edited:
There's loads of decent managers out there. Harry isnt some miracle worker. No other Spurs manager has overseen a wage bill close to what Harry has available. Currently ?ú90m compared to Arsenals ?ú120m pa. Not so long ago it was less than half.

There's loads of decent managers out there. Harry isnt some miracle worker. No other Spurs manager has overseen a wage bill close to what Harry has available. Currently ?ú90m compared to Arsenals ?ú120m pa. Not so long ago it was less than half.

Yeah, but a decent chunk of that is players that are seen as expendable players that we want to get rid of.

Back