• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Itk at the ready ..

"The deal was wrapped up in 1999, but certainly couldn't say on here otherwise my regular source would have been annoyed ... levy agreed to this and Kane knew what colour boxers to wear today .... blue and yellow come to mind ... as the badgerl flies over the barn into the galaxy nebula .... expect words from Harry tomorrow to the press .. cannot say what is written at this moment but will update when the time is right ...

Bon voyage, thank you for the memories and the chats at chick King

Don't worry, people. I'm working on a contingency plan. Kenosis to buy Kane back to Tottenham for 150 mill. You'll see. fudge it. Why not! ❤️ this is our season. Call me deluded and crazy. But fudge it! Let's do it. We're going to have Kane this season. It must happen. Let's do it!

And I'm still hassling that arrogant clam Fjørtoft. He has to reply at some point. Call me crazy, but evil cannot win this! We're going to have Kane back. Don't worry.

Last edited:
Curious - why? None of them seem any more objectionable than the tax exile due to be done for insider trading who lives on a yacht in the Bahamas instead of paying his dues - this after betting against the pound on Black Wednesday and hurting a lot of ordinary Brits in the process. To say nothing of allegedly violently forcing natives off their land in Patagonia.

I get that people don't want Saudi or Emirati or Russian blood money, fair enough. But these blokes? How different are they from Lewis? Some may even be better people, mate.

(sigh)...I knew you'd go there. I pondered writing a defense before I'd started but thought I'd see...

Just FYI, I have written pretty extensively on my own social outlets about the hypocrisy of such criticisms, particularly when it comes to the 'oil' leagues vs the MLS...I actually take some offense to the ASSUMPTION that I am not aware of such things. As for the 'people' thing, yup, thank you for that, well aware (if I sounded offended, I am LOL). There are good people and bad people. Full stop.

Anyway...

Every single person you mentioned remains a turn-off for me because I find ALL extreme wealth corporations pretty distasteful. Your Joe Lewis observation? Been there and commented on that. NOT news to me. Yes, I find it very poor. It is why I have NEVER commented on our board being necessarily 'morally superior'. They aren't.

What I will say is that the people YOU mention are part of the fiscal arms race in football which is actually poisoning any notion that a football club can be run with fiscal responsibility. Those types of owner are precisely the reason supporters like you are frustrated by the relative lack of expenditure. With reason. If we want to WIN we have to spend stupid amounts of over-cash. I personally think it is fudged, and get far more joy out of growing a young exciting team than buying a 'short fit' (good job really because that ain't gonna happen LOL)...where I think we both agree is that whilst being 'fiscally responsible' on the football side, the current lot are delighted to make tons of cash and pile it into other areas of the 'business' which end up making 'shareholders' happy, whilst us lot are left looking at a glimpse of glory here or there.

The ONLY thing which can change this is for football to regulate itself. Fat chance sadly. This is the mad world we live in...

True. More so when they're rewarded for their brutality too, which is also the case with Saudi Arabia. Khashoggi's murder silenced a lot of internal and external dissent, with zero pushback from the West - on balance they came out ahead.

Still, think Henry Winter or Kaveh Sohekol or Barney Ronay aren't worth setting up a saw grinder job over, so our hacks are probably safe.

Again, the thing which gets me the most about how this started is that you actually assumed my opinion was based on their nationalities. Corporate capitalist culture EVERYWHERE grinds corpses and gears. That's a given. To repeat - MY problem with THESE entities is that they have accelerated the rush to fiscal irresponsibility (Roman Abramovich being the firestarter).

(sigh)...I knew you'd go there. I pondered writing a defense before I'd started but thought I'd see...

Mate, I am nothing if not predictable. You and I have spoken from the heart hundreds of times in the past eleven years I have been on this board - you *must* know this by now. :p

Just FYI, I have written pretty extensively on my own social outlets about the hypocrisy of such criticisms, particularly when it comes to the 'oil' leagues vs the MLS...I actually take some offense to the ASSUMPTION that I am not aware of such things. As for the 'people' thing, yup, thank you for that, well aware (if I sounded offended, I am LOL). There are good people and bad people. Full stop.

I mean, the reason people dislike the oil leagues is because they are run by theocratic, authoritarian monarchies. I assume you dislike them too - if you mean American owners have their own ills, sure, no argument there. But that doesn't make the oil leagues good. I have my own views on the hypocrisy of that, but I can't fault people for thinking that.

Beyond that, no sure what you mean - I said they may be better people than Joe Lewis. Was I wrong in saying that?

Every single person you mentioned remains a turn-off for me because I find ALL extreme wealth corporations pretty distasteful. Your Joe Lewis observation? Been there and commented on that. NOT news to me. Yes, I find it very poor. It is why I have NEVER commented on our board being necessarily 'morally superior'. They aren't.

Good for you, mate. We agree on that. But when you say you find everyone I mentioned equally as odious as Lewis, and then don't elaborate on why, you had to expect I'd follow it up. ;)

What I will say is that the people YOU mention are part of the fiscal arms race in football which is actually poisoning any notion that a football club can be run with fiscal responsibility. Those types of owner are precisely the reason supporters like you are frustrated by the relative lack of expenditure. With reason. If we want to WIN we have to spend stupid amounts of over-cash. I personally think it is fudged, and get far more joy out of growing a young exciting team than buying a 'short fit' (good job really because that ain't gonna happen LOL)...where I think we both agree is that whilst being 'fiscally responsible' on the football side, the current lot are delighted to make tons of cash and pile it into other areas of the 'business' which end up making 'shareholders' happy, whilst us lot are left looking at a glimpse of glory here or there.

The ONLY thing which can change this is for football to regulate itself. Fat chance sadly. This is the mad world we live in...

I agree with every word, mate. As I have argued before, the day we decide to become a fan-owned club like the ones in Germany would be the happiest day of my life, because it would be our club, run for the benefit of the community in Haringey, and Tottenham fans. I wouldn't ever raise a single complaint about spending, because damn the world - we run our club, and we run it within our means, and that means something.

Sadly we don't live in that world. Instead, we are part of this shell game of odious billionaires (some literal murderers) throwing monopoly money at other crooked billionaires to win things - and us, owned lock and stock by a crook and his henchman. And that's why, if we must have billionaire owners...I'd rather billionaire owners that benefit us. Billionaire owners that give us happy moments, that subsidize tickets for the poorest fans, that chase success on the pitch - whatever their damn reasons.

It's not a choice I make with glee. In fact it makes me sick.

Whether you like the way Levy behaves or not (personally I think this exit has been mishandled poorly) my personal opinion is that we need to move ON, get behind the manager, get behind his brand of football, and remember that the last time people lost their collective brick over a legend leaving (Bale) we ended up with a bloke called Harry Kane coming through...

...it WILL be OK...honest...

Again, the thing which gets me the most about how this started is that you actually assumed my opinion was based on their nationalities. Corporate capitalist culture EVERYWHERE grinds corpses and gears. That's a given. To repeat - MY problem with THESE entities is that they have accelerated the rush to fiscal irresponsibility (Roman Abramovich being the firestarter).

I'm not, mate. Honestly - I didn't assign any opinion to you whatsoever beyond asking why you disliked the others given they might have been better people than Joe Lewis, specifically. I.e, not done for insider trading, or accused of tax evasion and forcibly displacing natives in Argentina, or responsible for the misery of thousands of ordinary folk in the UK. That's all.

And believe me, from what I know of you, it would be a cold day in hell before I suggested you disliked someone purely because of their nationality or background. That just isn't you - I know that.

I'm not, mate. Honestly - I didn't assign any opinion to you whatsoever beyond asking why you disliked the others given they might have been better people than Joe Lewis, specifically. I.e, not done for insider trading, or accused of tax evasion and forcibly displacing natives in Argentina, or responsible for the misery of thousands of ordinary folk in the UK. That's all.

And believe me, from what I know of you, it would be a cold day in hell before I suggested you disliked someone purely because of their nationality or background. That just isn't you - I know that.

Got it.
Appreciate the clarification.
Onwards!

Whether you like the way Levy behaves or not (personally I think this exit has been mishandled poorly) my personal opinion is that we need to move ON, get behind the manager, get behind his brand of football, and remember that the last time people lost their collective brick over a legend leaving (Bale) we ended up with a bloke called Harry Kane coming through...

...it WILL be OK...honest...
I feel that this transfer happening two days before we kick off is a good thing. It will be current and fresh in the minds of all the players to prove that they can thrive without Kane. With Ange to motivate them, and we've all heard his speeches, there is a POSSIBILITY of this working to our benefit (and I am not drunk, or stoned, or suffering form concussion).

I'd prefer to see Soldado playing every game.

Well that didn’t age well. But what a journey Kane was on with us. I won’t attack ENIC in this post aside from saying that they have fudged us over majorly and if it wasn’t for them failing so hard Kane likely would still be with us.

But as I say what a journey with Kane. Some incredible moments but sadly no trophy. And he was right to leave. Good luck to him. He looks thrilled to not be here anymore in the clips. Don’t blame him. But we move on and I think we can have a very exciting future without him still. We need to start being ambitious and going for it.

Back